1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

I've always thought of us as The Rabble, not The Rabblers, but now understand that relates to the Supporters Team.
    Although back in the day I was given the title of Mishi's Apprentice!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  2. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

I miss that show.

3. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Mishi's apprentice was ably assisted by the legendary Pat the Rattle at Sutton once. A slightly(!) worse for wear Burty was attracting the attention of the police. Pat insisted it was just the after effects of a dodgy burger. The bemused police decided it was more effort than it was worth and fled, clutching an all but empty whisky bottle that had been suspiciously close to Burty. The decision to hide the second empty bottle in a bag when the police were spotted mooching around was probably one of our few sensible decisions back in the old days.

Think that was the same day we tried to collectively break every ground regulation printed in the proggie (no unnecessary noise was our favourite, talk about red rag to a bull.) The stewards were bemused by Hamlet fans trying to hand over spectacles. The regs explicitly stated no glasses in the ground.....

4. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Okay who's the guilty party that has "embellishing" the Tting Wiki page though do quite like their new nickname....

IMG_1242.PNG

darryl, takkforalt, Cyclodunc and 2 others like this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Surely it "The Rabble"? "Rabblers" is as bad as "The Hamlets"!

If I remember rightly, we were told about the "no unnecessary noise" thing by some Basingstoke supporters, who'd been asked to turn down the volume at a midweek game as the neighbours complained they couldn't hear Eastenders on television.

6. Roger D

I hope you didn't manage to dump the match ball in the same persons garden that time you caught the match ball behind the far goal, spun around and booted it out of the ground..... Wouldn't want to upset them.

Mind you we should thank Sutton for their donation of a match ball or two to the supporters team. The old Dulwich Hamlet kit bags most us had were just the right size for hiding a mis-directed match ball or two....

7. Griff_Turnstile

Just seen that Merstham have signed Michael Onovwigun who played 20 minutes for Dulwich as a substitute earlier in the season. He subsequently played for Kingstonian then Farnborough in the Southern League before moving to Southport to play 15 minutes as a sub in one game vs Aldershot. Got me wondering as to what the rules are on the number of clubs a player can be registered for over the course of a season as I'm sure I've heard something about a maximum of three?

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

No, because 'The Rabble' is the collective term for the fans behind the goal, whereas 'The Rabblers' was the nickname of the former Supporters' Team, as a tribute to 'The Rabble'

9. YTC

YTC Human Man

[​IMG]

I have no idea who added that last line...

10. Dulwich Mishi

Forzoni & Martin both being failed Hamlet reserve team bosses!

11. Griff_Turnstile

With Tting six points clear at the top of the Ryman South and currently on a 12 game winning streak in the league hope this isn't the sort of comment that comes back to haunt us

12. YTC

YTC Human Man

edited wikipedia pages have been known to win or lose football games.

pompeydunc, Lyham and Dodger like this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. Roger D

PartisanDulwich and 3010 like this.
  15. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Italia Wasteels.

Intresting that Bayram played for them

"marvel over the ability of Osman Bayram, who was with the club for a few seasons before he went on to play for Dulwich Hamlet "

Pink Panther likes this.
  16. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

A little Friday treat...

17. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

18. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Good article I must say hearing Gavin Rose talk and seeing what he says in some articles he comes across as intelligent and a thinker about the game
    Sort of bloke who could and maybe should go further in the game

Dirty South, Pink Panther and AndyF like this.
  19. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

He will. All round top bloke. Same goes for Kevin and Junior.

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Craigy Edwards is at Kingstonian #rivals

21. Dulwich Mishi

Kingstonian aren't rivals to me. a fairly local club yes...but rivals never.

Shame he's gone there...he will keep them up.

22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Tooting
    Leatherhead
    Kingstonian

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

79 points is the target for all playoff hopefuls except Billericay.

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Kingstonian vs Leatherhead this Saturday is an intriguing fixture. Will Kingstonian contribute to their future landlord's relegation in order to keep themselves out of the relegation places?

25. PartisanDulwich

quote from Corinthian-Casuals article in the The non-league paper

“When I tell you one of the clubs currently in the top five of the Ryman South have a budget of £9,000 a week – and that figure came from their assistant manager – then it paints the picture for everyone to see.”

More than a Casual fling! Prestige, not money, is the Corinthian way

26. Dulwich Mishi

I'd take Casuals comments of being 'completely amateur' with a pinch of salt to be honest...I know players who have played there, and whilst they are not there for the money...well I'll say no more...anyone at our level could tell you similar about their 'amateurism'....

27. PartisanDulwich

which club in Ryman South is £9,000 a week ?

28. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Presume that's referring to Greenwich Borough.

29. PartisanDulwich

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

What's the dulwich connection?