1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Dulwich Hamlet chat

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by editor, May 2, 2014.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Must be me then...I thought it was funny....it's clearly a piss take out of the thugs & muggers, and NOT an endorsement of Trump & his slogans! Good grief!

Jimbob73 and 3010 like this.
  2. YTC

YTC Human Man

That's the beautiful thing about opinions, we're all allowed our own ;)

3. Dulwich Mishi

Which is fair enough...mind you someone wanted me to speak out on something in support of the new ground proposals, namely posting about the negative effect, indeed the very future of the Club being at stake, as discussed at the excellent Trust open meeting the night before, which I have no problem with, but when asked why they couldn't do so themselves, said it wasn't advisable for him to do so by 'the planning expert advising the Trust"!
    Which I just couldn't fathom. But, hey, ho...as you say...that's the different thing about opinions, we're all allowed our own! ;)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

After Sutton United
    So pleased to see our club speaking out against betting adverts at football

betting companies and the Sun are the two sponsors we should always reject

5. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Jules P likes this.
  6. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Betting advertising is getting out of control, at Palace they have an online gambling company as the main shirt sponsor and I counted four different betting companies advertising on the electronic boards in one game!

Not too sure we should be criticising other teams all the time we have estate agents emblazoned everywhere though?

clog likes this.
  7. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Have to say I think there is a world of difference between an estate agent and gambling. As far as I know, the FA haven't banned club officials and players from buying or renting houses but have from betting on any football match in the world. Yet they have an official betting partner.
    If we choose sponsors based solely on whether they have an inclusive business model then it would be a narrow field indeed. Done this argument to death

8. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Yes Liam your right and that's fine, I have no huge issue with the Estate agent sponsorship, just not sure if we should then criticise others for their choice?

9. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

All to their own but there are sound reasons and what has happened at Sutton brings the relationship into focus

AndyF, PartisanDulwich and YTC like this.
  10. YTC

YTC Human Man

Can anyone explain why a communist yugoslavia flag goes up behind the goals most games? I've seen people mention it online and the history does not make for easy reading.

11. Dulwich Mishi

Th
    at will one for PartisanDulwich to answer...

12. PartisanDulwich

Initially came to champion hill with a couple of friends from Dog Kennel hill estate who came from Croatia and Serbia - took along lots of different flags used over time, including Tuscan regional flag (Pegasus) etc - of course Tuscany was home of large Partizan movement during the war. And during the war Champion Hill had been used for matches of the Free French - so it was a general WW2 anti fascist thing sometimes Italian CLN partizans and sometimes (most times) Yugoslav.

I

13. YTC

YTC Human Man

Sure, get that, but its the only one you put up now? And I think the flag may have changed contextually - Have had some complaints online about it. It is your choice to stick it up of course, just wondered why..

14. PartisanDulwich

15. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

Curious as to the nature of the complaints?

16. YTC

YTC Human Man

Just that it was highly unusual to see it, and the ones not in english were hard to decipher using google translate, but 'fuck' came through pretty strongly.

Ludo likes this.
  17. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

A quick google search doesn't throw up much, but I guess it's an area thats not been without it's issues.

YTC likes this.
  18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

South London is already, and always has been, great. It doesn't need to great "again".

19. PartisanDulwich

rosette hamlet vb v2.jpg
    I totally agree some people hate some people love them
    as a friend was getting some done for (another team) just got a handful done for us
    so will give my dozen to 12th man stall for Saturday - they do brilliant work
    much understated

the 12th man likes this.
  20. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Are they coming from Serb or Croat nationalists?

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

Surprisingly, I wasn't able to detect that through google translate.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  22. PartisanDulwich

one for the Editor (who does a great job)
    see its not just the Hamlet who have Cup runs

editor likes this.
  23. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed it's not.... and cup runs would come along more often for Cardiff City too, if only they played in their own cup once more...They have won the Welsh Cup 22 times!

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

More bad news.

Kingstonian to play at Leatherhead next year. So they will pay money to keep Leatherhead up. Sad times. And probably some of the fans will watch both games until they begin to merge into one another.

Hipsters meet cheats.

Sad times.

Lucy Fur, Cyclodunc and YTC like this.
  25. Cyclodunc

Sad!

B.I.G likes this.
  26. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

football trivia bore alert . since that day its a tradition at arsenal that the keeper never wears a new shirt unless its been washed as the arsenal keeper blamed a slippery new shirt on letting in the Cardiff goal

B.I.G and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

See you in TOFFONS. Please have a *few* beers first, we need you drunk!

Cyclodunc and chris gil like this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

29. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

With the Macc replay tmrw and Leatherhead (league), Tooting (cup) to fit in say hello to Thursday night football as there is only one midweek free until the end of the season!

30. Cyclodunc

Thursday nights
    Channel 5
    Thursday nights
    Channel 5

B.I.G likes this.