1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gavin Roses Contract expires end of July

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Lucy Fur, May 2, 2017.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

To be fair, I think Vas could have come back to us at the end of the season when he was loaned out again, but it looks like Gav didn't need/want him.

Annoying, as I really liked him, but I don't think anyone was missing him on that Thursday night against Enfield.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  2. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Meadows aren't top of my Christmas card list, but in fairness to them player recruitment is solely down to Gavin and Kadi. Players getting signed up or not signed up is Gav's decision and his decision alone.

I highly doubt our season will live or die by the decision to pass up Vas. I should think keeping the two Ibra's is more of a priority.

Son of Roy, YTC, Pink Panther and 3 others like this.
  3. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Depends if Gavin is given the tools (cash) to recruit

clog likes this.
  4. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

This summer is very different to last in my view. At the end of last season there were probably no more than six players I thought we should keep - Preston, Drage, Pinnock, Ash, Nyren, RMP. Meaning we had to recruit about a dozen new faces. This time, I'd genuinely be happy with no changes whatsoever. Starting the season knowing our best XI and formation - and it being that XI - will be worth 15 points.

5. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

And to the best of our knowledge he now has been. A lot of players don't pick sides early on in the summer, either. Most of them, understandably, wait to see what comes in and then choose a club. The ones that sign up quickly tend to be the ones offered good contracts and don't want to risk missing out on the guaranteed income. There'll still be lots of good players available.

On another note, I don't know if the agreement is still in place, but Palace U23s were using CH as their home ground at the start of the season. They used to use Bromlei and they did a brilliant job of signing up a lot of their released players - a fair few of which have become regular first teamers. I don't know how they did it, if they managed to get them purely because of familiarity, but I hope we could capitalise on the agreement in a similar way.

6. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Agreed. I think the new formation works really well but it means there's a lot of competition for those forward places. I thought Karagiannis did really well but I don't know he'd be a massive improvement on any of those we have tbh, and I wouldn't have him as first pick ahead of Sekajja.

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'd see him more as a quicker and more mobile alternative to Carew behind the two strikers in the formation we used over the second half of the season. While he was here he was playing in a front three as one of two wide men either side of Dumaka.

8. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Domination Snert

Yeah he could play there or in the front two - don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and would definitely get some time. I don't think we desperately need him though (depending on who stays obviously), I certainly wouldn't be getting too worried about him going elsewhere.

Pink Panther likes this.
  9. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Camara my lord, Camara

YTC, Pink Panther and scousedom like this.
  10. Pink Panther

He basically did the perfect job by a loan signing, but the team evolved and grew stronger still after he left. I suspect either one or both parties wasn't that interested in anything more lasting otherwise he'd have come back in March when he went to Tonbridge.

11. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Member

I was told by DD that Vas was desperate to stay with us at the time Maidstone recalled him, and when he was soon back on their bench he was hopeful of a move back to us, but as Pink Panther says, the team had grown stronger by then

12. YTC

YTC Human Man

This for sure. Camara is going to feature a lot more this year I'm certain. Mo Mo showed promise earlier in the season too.

Re Palace Dev Squad, don't think they're playing at CH this year, shame really!

13. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Not surprised about palarse really, seeing as we won't be having there second string here next season.

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

15. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy New Member

16. Pink Panther

That message is a bit vague. I hope the announcement will be a new contract for Gavin and his assistants.

17. YTC

YTC Human Man

Do you think Gavin would be working hard for next season if he wasn't staying? Genuine question.

18. Pink Panther

Maybe I've misread the message as I don't use Twitter and I'm not familiar with how it works or what those hashtagged words mean. It appears to come from the DHFC account, so I've read it as DHFC saying they're working hard for next season and will be making an announcement regarding Gavin on Friday. Is it DHFC working hard behind the scenes, or Gavin working hard behind the scenes?

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

It's a quote from Gavin!

20. YTC

YTC Human Man

^ to be fair when you share a tweet on this forum is squashes the formatting, so the quote may not be as clear! But that's the line from Gav. I think we should be pretty confident he's sticking around!

Nivag and SDE like this.
  21. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Maybe a rich philanthropist is buying the club, before gifting it to fan ownership with a hefty endowment and capital improvement budget.

SDE, dcdulwich and EDC like this.