1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gavin Roses Contract expires end of July

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Lucy Fur, May 2, 2017.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

He means on Urban as a whole, there is a donate button at the bottom of each page. They post a thread when its in need.

2. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Does he? Well, as I say, I've never been asked and I've never noticed the 'donate' button at the bottom before. Certainly happy to contribute if they're struggling - for this section alone, which is pretty much the only one I ever visit.

3. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Ditto.

4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

How do you imagine a forum with no income from advertising is supported financially? Internet fairies?

clog and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

No idea, but as it's a free forum to use there is actually no obligation for anyone to contribute anything.
    That's how they work, and like dcdulwich I've not noticed an appeal for donations on this particular part of the Urban empire, which is the only part of the messageboards I tend to look at.

6. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

This is just a saga now.

B.I.G likes this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Some people! :)

editor was never making the point that anyone HAS to or NEEDS to contribute in order to have an opinion.

Some people!!!

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Anyone hear if Gavin is staying? What was agreed on the budget?

9. YTC

YTC Human Man

I think he would have left already if it wasn't looking positive, but that is purely a guess. Haven't heard a thing!

Moroccan Sunset and B.I.G like this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Just looking for confirmation before I renew that season ticket - anyone brave enough to ask him via twitter? Not you YTC - I would like you to still be in post next year :)

jnrknight likes this.
  11. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

He's on holiday at the moment. Expect some news at the weekend/early next week.

B.I.G likes this.
  12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Always on the pulse :)

Please stay Gavin. Look at what happened since we last lost a playoff final at Bognor and you considered walking away.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  13. Moroccan Sunset

I don't think his budget was obliterated on that occasion though.

I think the fact that he hasn't walked away immediately implies that there is some hope somewhere, otherwise why wouldn't he just quit immediately? That could be me being desperately optimistic, mind.

YTC and B.I.G like this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Wilson to play for love. Moss to play for his true value. And RMW to play for youtube exposure and 99% fine rebate.

Job done.

clog, Pink Panther and Cyclodunc like this.
  15. Moroccan Sunset

We can't afford to put him on a 5-year, £10k a week contract, B.I.G!

vornstyle76, GregDHFC and B.I.G like this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We could try :D

17. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Banter

YTC likes this.
  18. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Last Friday's SLP carried a brief piece stating that the owners have reconsidered the decision to cut the playing budget and will now keep it at the same level, and will be discussing the situation with Gavin when he returns from holiday. (This isn't in their online pages yet.)

Bugpowder Dust, SDE, Noss and 7 others like this.
  19. clog

clog have that you c

£10 a week you mean. ARF ARF.

20. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Had a chat with Rob Tolfrey when we went to Merstham the other month. Mossy came up in convo and Rob said "The reason why he's good is because he knows he's not a great footballer, and he doesn't care. He just puts the ball in the net."

darryl, StephenMac, SDE and 2 others like this.
  21. Moroccan Sunset

I take no pleasure in saying this Clog, but if you carry on like this you'll be barred from the Ryan Moss Appreciation Evening me and Gavin are planning for next season.

darryl, vicarofsibley and clog like this.
  22. Moroccan Sunset

LIES. BLASPHEMY.

StephenMac likes this.
  23. Moroccan Sunset

Yeh, well, I heard Phil Wilson say* that Moss was "like the footballing lovechild of Pele and Shevchenko - lethal, yet sublime, graceful yet predatory". I'm pretty sure I heard** Preston cry out "Oh, but if only we had not released Ryan Moss..." in the 89th minute of the Play Off Final, too.

So Tolfrey can fuck off.

*This may not be entirely true.
    ** Nor this.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  24. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Seeing Karagiannis go to Margate, I can't help thinking the ongoing uncertainty over Gavin's future is damaging our chances of bringing in players who could improve the team.

Quite a few clubs doing their business early, and we don't even know who'll definitely be in charge next season.

And I do realise that if Gavin doesn't come back, this is the least of our worries.

25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Or he loves Kent.

pompeydunc and Cyclodunc like this.
  26. AveryDave

Or that, yes.

27. Moroccan Sunset

I know what you mean, it's frustrating to not know whether he is staying or going, no confirmation makes things tense. Given the fact that the SLP have said that the budget is sorted now though, I'd say that's a pretty good sign that he's on board for 2017/18. They must have got that info from somewhere and only Gav or club officials would know what the situation is. And just because we don't know whether he is staying, that doesn't mean he doesn't - and really that's the important bit.

Gav very rarely makes announcements early on, too. Just because nothing has come out yet, doesn't mean he hasn't got some players on board - christ on a bike, he managed to get Sandy Cunningham from the other side of the Hardrian's Wall without anyone knowing.

darryl, AveryDave, YTC and 1 other person like this.
  28. AveryDave

This is true. Because I've got nothing else to do but fret on the current state of affairs, I checked back to last years announcements - Kargbo was the first, and that wasn't until the end of May.

Nonetheless, I pray for the start of the "Dulwich Hamlet: Transfer News for 2017/18 Season" thread.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  29. vicarofsibley

vicarofsibley 80087355

Hahaha. I especially like that you stewed for 10 mins after your first reply and then went for it.

StephenMac and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  30. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Or do the ones running the club actually know how post season works for football clubs. We already had the issue of the suppose playing budget be cut, which they seem to have back tracked from...

Last edited: May 17, 2017