1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fyre Festival - laugh long, laugh loud

Discussion in 'festivals' started by beesonthewhatnow, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Sure, it sounds like crap and I'd choose Glastonbury anytime - but it doesn't sound like there was that big a price difference between Fyre and Glastonbury or Burning Man.

Badgers likes this.
  2. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Well, not really. If the organisers had actually delivered on their promises who's to say what's better value? It's just down to whatever you personally want from a weekend away.

I have some sympathy for those who bought the low end tickets, it's the twats that spent 5/6 figure sums I'm happy to laugh at...

muscovyduck and Badgers like this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Sure: but Glastonbury is sold on music and this one was sold on exclusivity, luxury and supermodels. That's going to attract a sort of crowd I care little for.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What percentage of ticket sales went for $500 anyhow?

5. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

$500 was the "early bird" price, it apparently sold out pretty fast so that may have been a sizeable proportion of tickets.

muscovyduck and Badgers like this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Could have been, but offering a very small amount of cheap tickets is a well seasoned trick.

ddraig likes this.
  7. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

No sun loungers though.

8. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

https://news.vice.com/story/audio-f...yees-nobodys-getting-paid?utm_source=vicefbus

Badgers likes this.
  9. danski

danski Comfortable chair.

Celyn, editor, Wilf and 2 others like this.
  10. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

William of Walworth and Badgers like this.
  11. 5t3IIa

5t3IIa Registered User

I *think* in the US employees don't pay anything like NI on their wages so if they get fired they must apply for unemployment assistance and their employers pay it through the government? Maybe! I have only gathered this after reading r/legaladvice on Reddit :oops: Posters are always getting advised to appeal if they get rejected for unemployment and I'd imagine not being paid so being forced to quit would qualify them but still, that guy is a shitbird.

12. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Celyn likes this.
  13. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Does fire mean a different thing in America? If you get fired over here, you DON'T get benefits for a while.

Celyn likes this.
  14. xenon

xenon Carne Por la Machina

Only true if sacked for groce misconduct

15. Orang Utan

you get sacked or fired for wrongdoing, but in America it seems to also mean being made redundant/laid off

16. Orang Utan

17. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

18. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

This made me chuckle today

19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

20. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

21. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

23. Lorca

Lorca Somebody, after all, had to make a start

"The fact that my friend and I spent 55 dollars each for such a shitty event like this unbelievable! All we got was warm red wine that tasted like ass!" :D