1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny and bizarre things from football

Discussion in 'football' started by Sadken, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

He lived in my hometown and used to get chased by schoolgirls. Think he went to Athletico Madrid - he was certainly there when I was managing them.

2. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

retired in 2004 after finishing his contract with athletico madrid. Got ajax to the quarters or so of the championsleague in ummm late 90's as well.

dave

3. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Alan Shearer knocking out Keith Gillespie

Jason McAteer doing his "writing in a book" gesture at Roy Keane when Keane got booked for fouling him

4. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

I think he cried off about 90% of his loan spell to go shopping. Superb when he showed up though.

5. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

:rolleyes:

6. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

Jason McAteer is apparently incredibly stupid. So much so that Neil Ruddock has virtually built his after dinner speaking career on anecdotes about his former team-mate, who is nicknamed Trigger after the Only Fools & Horses character.

Like the one about when McAteer bumped into snooker legend Jimmy White, and greeted him by yelling "Oi Jimmy...one hundred and eighty!!!".

7. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Yes, one of the stories I heard about McAteer was that he was applying for a mortgage with a form that had "Employment position:" and he wanted to know from his fellows whether he should put "defender" or "midfielder".

8. tommers

I would have put defensive midfielder if I was him.

What about Southgate? Started as a midfielder, ended up a defender. Same with Rio.

Must be tricky.

9. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

I thought that Rio started as a goalie when he was a nipper? where did i get that from.

10. tommers

you're such a mcateer.

11. Flashman

Flashman wtf did I do?

Seem to remember a young Sol Campbell appearing for Spurs as a midfielder/striker too c92/93

12. STFC

STFC Well-Known Member

Les Ferdinand beat up the Blue Peter garden.

13. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Not true.

14. christonabike

christonabike Elm Park Bencher

The one I heard about McAteer was when he had locked himself out of his car

A passing copper said he could break into the car with a coat-hanger

He went and got him a wooden one

:)

15. Phenotypic Dai

Phenotypic Dai The girdle of Venus

Zaire v Brazil in the 1974 world cup. Free kick to Brazil, the ref blows his whistle and a Zaire defender comes steaming out of the wall and boots the ball straight up the pitch, later claiming that he thought he was allowed to do that. Video linky

16. Refused as fuck

Refused as fuck "ethnic pakistani tosser"

During a pre-season friendly, then Newcastle United manager Sam Allardyce sent on goalkeeper Steven Harper to replace a striker and play up front. Although Harper had started his schoolboy career as a striker he looked extremely awkward running up and down the pitch and trying to put tackles in.

17. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Chris Balderstone once played a game for Chesterfield during an innings in which he scored a century for Derbyshire!

18. Phenotypic Dai

Phenotypic Dai The girdle of Venus

David Platt's subtle and witty best man's speech, at a close friend's wedding, where he trotted out the names of the groom's ex partners, his favoured method of contraception and rounded it off by suggesting that the groom still suffered from a lingering STD.

19. Maggot

Maggot .

20. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Let us not forget George Weah's "cousin" playing for Southampton under Souness.

21. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

bring that up whenever anyone disagrees with me thinking zidane is the best plyer of all time and go for pele

Even George weahs "cosuin" can look world class in a highlights package!

dave

22. S☼I

S☼I real ichorous

Classic story. (Read the comments. No, really.)