Fully automated luxury Ash Carew

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by pompeydunc, Mar 2, 2019.

1. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

A loan player also becoming an assistant manager now that must be a first. A loan assistant manager?!

I don't expect we will see Ash again in pink and blue. Given his service and remarkable contribution, then I hope we can mark his departure in a fitting way before end of the season...

He has given us some wonderful moments to treasure over the last few seasons. For me - the free kick against Bognor in the play off semi in particular, and followed by the Macclesfield team-move equaliser.

jnrknight, Ronco, Blitzwalker and 5 others like this.
  2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

The free kick against Leiston in last semi final the most critical with an assist from pompeydunc.

jnrknight and pompeydunc like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I wrote a song in tribute to his achievements if that helps.

Well the Worthing Freekick
    And the Macclesfield Goal.
    Got to keep on scoring' pens,
    You know he’ll never miss.

Without Ash, where would we be now?
    Without Ca-r-r-ew

Well the passing keeps on going
    And the feet go round and round.
    The football pitch is cold and hard
    From the tackles that cut you down.

Without Ash, where would we be right now?

Without Ca-r-r-ew ooh

Where would we be now?

jnrknight, crocustim and pompeydunc like this.
  4. pompeydunc

Assists are what make the football world go round and round.

5. pompeydunc

Love this! #NonLeague

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I find it odd, given the other announcements of players coming and going up to last weekend, that a player whose totals of appearances and goals for the club have been exceeded by few others during the last 20 years seems to have just drifted away without any acknowledgement.

Then again, Egham's season sounds so chaotic Ash may just be a caretaker assistant manager due to the lack of anyone else more suitable this week!

EDC and pompeydunc like this.
  7. Pink Panther

No, assists are what geeks get excited about when selecting "fantasy football" teams.

Dulwich Mishi and pompeydunc like this.
  8. pompeydunc

91 players in a season is quite incredible...

I guess the difficult thing is that he's on loan and not left the club, but given the fanfare we give to Bob Fuck 27th Club Nobody >winkie< coming in on loan, then a departure on loan of this significance could have been noted.

EDC likes this.
  9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

And you’ve lost your only song.

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

pompeydunc likes this.
  11. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Totally agree with these sentiments. The Bognor play-off goal was memorable and he’s given us many of these moments. I too really hope that we can give him an appropriate send-off. Best of luck in your future career Ash, both on and off the field of play.

iamwithnail, pompeydunc and EDC like this.
  12. EDC

He held the door open at Hemel for me.

pompeydunc and Blitzwalker like this.
  13. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

When Ash joined Dulwich we changed to a Isthmian play off/title winning team. The free kick against Worthing was the most unsavable goal ever!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    pompeydunc, B.I.G and EDC like this.
  14. Son of Roy

Do clubs still do testamonials? If so we should also say a big thank you to Phil Wilson and Peter Adeniyi.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    iamwithnail and pompeydunc like this.
  15. Pink Panther

Testimonials were traditionally awarded for 10 years service. I believe only Rodney Brookes, Gary Hewitt and Lee Akers have been awarded testimonials by the Hamlet.

the 12th man likes this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Idea for charity game. Ryman South winners vs Ryman Prem playoff winners.

17. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

With Nyren playing a half for each side!!

18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

iamwithnail likes this.
  19. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Nyren will have played for 10 years in November 2019 (since first team debut). Worthy of a testimonial in this day and age.

20. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

If he’s still a dulwich player.........

Al Crane likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

This is the 10th consecutive season for Gavin Rose and Junior Kadi as well as for Nyren.

Moroccan Sunset, Al Crane and B.I.G like this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Added to existing idea. Charity game for charity of Gavin’s choice. Not a testimonial but tribute to 10 years management with notable players of gavin’s career at Dulwich.

23. Blitzwalker

How about a charity match against The Royal Engineers in aid of the British Heart Foundation?

Would cover all the bases given what happened to Mishi, and where it happened, who provided initial care for him etc., plus Royal Engineers are a famous old club in their own right (first FA Cup winners etc).

24. EDC

I saw Ash in a Chelsea tracksuit top when Tooting played Billericay. It has to be the Chels.

25. pompeydunc

That would be an incredible day... Chico, Chico, Chico!!! I fear the years between the two sides might make it tough for the south winners, Reise vs Adeniyi and Chewy?! But Erhun would be a great leveller...

iamwithnail and B.I.G like this.
  26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I love that idea too. But since your idea is better for the club they are probably going to do that one instead!

RIP playoff winners vs Ryman south winners!

Blitzwalker likes this.
  27. Son of Roy

PP your memory is better than mine. Didn't Gary have some time out injured or played for another club and came back?

28. Blitzwalker

I reckon there is room for both ideas!

29. Pink Panther

Gary Hewitt first played for us as a youngster under Eddie Presland in 1983/4, then played for Bromley and one or two other clubs for the remainder of the 80s, before rejoining us in 1990/1 until 2000 when he left for Croydon Athletic.

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

We’ll see. :D Does anyone want to come to my talk on WW1 with talks from Lloyd George (was he involved) and that archduke.

PartisanDulwich likes this.