Fujifilm X-T1 - looks nice

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by weltweit, Feb 9, 2014.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

2. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

It seems like a great camera, but I have to think: if you were interested in a mirrorless interchangeable lens system, and you haven't already got into one of the existing systems, what's going to make you change your mind and pick this one? The greater number of manual controls, maybe, but while that might turn some people off I don't know that it makes enough difference in the general market.

3. weltweit

I like Fuji cameras, I am currently on my second. First I had a 4900z mirrorless prosumer with a big fixed lens which did 8fps or something, now I have an S2 dslr, about 10 years old, which I love. I suppose for me this offers a way to progress - while staying with Fuji. I would need to see and try the EVF though, it needs to be good because I love the OVF of my S2.

4. weltweit

dpreview has a pretty cool image comparison thingy, this one's image quality seems to stand up pretty well against all sorts of other cameras.

5. starfish2000

starfish2000 Well-Known Member

If they've sorted out the poor autofocus of the X Pro 1 then I want one

6. Bernie Gunther

Bernie Gunther Fundamentalist Druid

Had a look at this. Very Very nice.

Closest thing to my personal holy grail, a digital Nikon F3, that I've seen yet.

7. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

It's little brother the x-e1 is loads cheaper at half the price and almost as good IQ wise. It's rangefinder styled rather than SLR styled and the viewfinder is excellent. I love mine.

Worth checking out if you're on a tighter budget imo.

8. weltweit

9. Infidel Castro

Infidel Castro Producto Falso

I own one of these beauties with a Samyang 12mm wide angle, an 18-55 'kit' lens (though calling it a kit lens does it a disservice), a 27mm pancake for in the pocket stuff, then a 35mm which has a max aperture of 1.4. Lovely bokeh and all that jazz. I tried the X-T2 in the shop t'other day and I was going to get one but settled on picking up a used X-T1 instead. Complements my Canon/Tamron wildlife set-up. The X-H1, the newest of the lot with inbuilt stab., felt too big for me as I was upgrading from an X100 and didn't want to lose pocketability, which I did until I got the pancake lens. I love the camera though. Absolutely class.

10. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

Huh. I was wrong about this - I overestimated the degree to which the mirrorless market was saturated at the time, or whether it was a market in itself at all, which it increasingly isn’t.

11. Infidel Castro

Infidel Castro Producto Falso

I was close to dropping the Canon setup altogether to get a super telephoto on the X-T1, but the lens was too pricey. Still might do it at some point though. I've fallen in love with the Fuji cameras.