Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fujifilm pulls X100V promo video due to the aggressive featured photographer

editor

hiraethified
What a fucking twat of a way to photograph people in the street (mainly young girls).

Days after it launched its new X100V compact digital camera, Fujifilm has pulled one of the promotional videos it published to showcase the new model. Some viewers have criticized the intrusive shooting style used by Tatsuo Suzuki, the photographer featured in this particular video. Others have praised his work, saying his habit of jumping directly in front of subjects is a legitimate part of his art.

Fuji's promotional video includes several scenes of Suzuki has he captures images on the street, a process that, at times, involves stepping into someone's path and putting his camera directly in their face. Some subjects are seen being forced to quickly sidestep to avoid the photographer; some look surprised or distressed about the encounter.

Chilli.s

mingling jets and statuettes
yeah, I don't like his style at all. He might as well get models and walk them up and down a street.

weltweit

Wish I could know what he was saying.

The video itself didn't seem to offensive to me, people that do street photography like he does generally have a pretty thick skin so that they can get away with putting their cameras in front of people.

We have one in my club, always shoots with a wide lens, and always gets up close and personal. Hasn't been punched yet as far as I know :)

Orang Utan

knows how to use the three shells

The video itself didn't seem to offensive to me, people that do street photography like he does generally have a pretty thick skin so that they can get away with putting their cameras in front of people.
it's not his skin he should be concerned about

editor

hiraethified

We have one in my club, always shoots with a wide lens, and always gets up close and personal. Hasn't been punched yet as far as I know :)
But what about the young women he's frightening by his aggressive, right in their face, stand in their way, stance? I'm usually the first to defend a photographer's right to take pictures in public places, but his actions here are way over the top.