Fuengirola

Discussion in 'travel and world' started by telbert, May 9, 2018.

1. telbert

telbert Do you like sponge?

Thinking of a couple of weeks in Fuengirola for me and the missus probably mid/end July.Just want to lie on a beach all day ( with a spot of lunch thrown in) and good restaurants/bars in the evening. Anyone got any info for me please?

2. Go for it. It has beaches, restaurants and bars all over the town.

That was easy ;)

Hope you have a lovely time.

telbert and not-bono-ever like this.
  3. dessiato

dessiato Maholo e ke akua no kei la

If I were you I'd go to Malaga. Fuengi is full of obnoxious Brits. Everyone here tells me it's great, but I really don't like it.

Johnny Vodka likes this.
  4. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

Fuengirola less touristy and more urban Spanish than further up the coast ...I like it ...feels a bit more rough n ready than Malaga

train into Malagas dead easy , them little booths in the main bus station at the centre of town ...you can pick up some good deals there on bus excursions , there's a regular brit shopping expedition (Marmite and fags run) to the Gib which I've found a bit of a hoot ...sort of reminded me of school bus trips ..heh

5. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in Benalmadena whilst waiting for a new passport a couple of years ago. Surprised me just how much I actually enjoyed it.

The Lost Photographer: Benalmadena.

Edges Fuengirola for me. They both offer all you're looking for. Enjoy!

6. dessiato

I prefer Malaga because it is less rough and ready. I love the galleries, museums and general atmosphere. But, of course, we all are different. I can happily wander around Malaga for hours, and, when you get away from the tourist spots, it's a really nice place.

7. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

Ive mostly stayed at Benalmadena.....and use the train a lot ,when the family hits the beach.....I dont tan .....my freckles just get bigger after a lobster. .so I avoid ....

8. telbert

telbert Do you like sponge?

Thanks to all. We did Torremolinos 2 years ago and loved it so we're looking for something similar. Only a bit different.:)

Spymaster and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  9. dessiato

Got to be Malaga then.

10. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

It's alright, Funguirihola. Good tapas festival at some point in the summer too. I liked the castle. I'd go elsewhere if you want a cracking beach, though. But in terms of transporation, cost, ease, kid-friendly-ness... I think it's a good bet. Great place for mooching about and having a chilled holiday.

I think you'll definitely enjoy it, but def get a car cos you can easily explore Ronda, further along the coast to Nerja, Estepona, some nice white villages in Malaga and Cadiz and even head out to El Chorro and Caminata del Rey for hiking and some amazing natural park tings.

If you want variety I'd consider a night or two in Ronda, maybe Malaga capital, Estepona maybe. Not been to Marbella cos it's not my kinda thing, but some people like it. If you want more Spanish adventure and a bit less laid back ease, then fly to Malaga or Gibraltar, but get a car and work your way out to Cadiz and the coast there, maybe see some villages etc. The beaches and towns are way better than Costa del Sol IMO. Los Caños de Meca and Boloña beach with Roman ruins on the beach are a highlight and Tarifa if you're into windsurfing.

dessiato likes this.