Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Maharani, May 9, 2015.
Yep, a good lesson. Acknowledging stupid and offensive acts isn't that difficult and it goes a long way in removing the danger of alienating people. Common sense really.
You are easily the most arrogant knobhead I’ve ever come across on any forum, the fact that you’re a product of the English public school system stands out a mile. You’ve already made it clear you won’t talk about the women’s memorial or the racist abuse, so why are you still stalking me? Why don’t you go spend some time on a forum where you can debate with a few actual tories for once instead of spending half the day on here calling socialists “pious cunts”?
P/M's a public schoolboy? well my my, that explains a lot.
i'm not calling socialists pious cunts, i'm calling you a pious cunt. and a liar.
Andrew Hertford you say "let's leave it", the next thing you're carrying it on only behind my back. you're the architect of this exchange carrying on through your decision to introduce demands for me to condemn the graffiti on the monument and a shout you claim is racist. yet you insist, against the evidence, despite my asking you forcefully to cease your demands for condemnation and stop several pages back, you insist i'm stalking you you're no socialist, not even of the national sort, you're a sad arse who refuses to condemn the tories (see Santino's posts passim) while making claims about other posters for which you have no evidence beyond claims of arrogance. now would be a good time for you to leave the thread.
Nice video here:
It's Hertford. He hasn't got thenous or the insight to realise he's snookered himself.
It's a pity butchersapron said not to mention kristallnacht, or I'd mention kristallnacht.
What's the significance of kristallnacht?
If i'd known there would be a tory majority, i'd have baked a cake last week
Austerity cake, tbf - a third of the recommended quantities, and no proper icing bag
I was searching for thatcher death cakes a while back and couldn't find any - think i might try my hand at a 'still dead' one next
on a march against cuts some black Bloc masked up gentleman and/or/ ladies stoved in a few bank windows.
AH decried this as similar to kristellnacht
Sorry I missed this. I'm not saying it's a normal figure of speech and that it should be accepted as such, it's pretty obvious that shouting that as term of abuse could easily be mistaken, as has been proved on this thread.
I was surprised as most on here when I listened to the original clip, not due to the alleged racist nature but as a term of abuse that i've not heard being used against the police in years (possibly decades) and mainly at the football in the eighties (Newcastle). I couldn't work out why someone at a demo that looked to be made up of mainly young people would have someone shouting that out. So checking out his other videos reveals him to be a bloke in (I think) his 50's, and from Darlington.
It was odd watching that video of the protest and seeing all these references to the 80's, Joy Division & Cramps T-Shirts, a Sergio Tacchini tracksuit top and someone shouting black bastards at the cops... all that was needed was a majority tory government in power.
That's fucking brilliant
Really shouldn't be posting at 11 in the morning while inebriated....but kristallnacht..
Little lord Fauntleroy..innit
Fucking kristallnacht...stilll giggling about that one
Hertford compared a couple of broken bank windows to kristallnacht - the setting of the Nazi hounds on German Jewry and the expropriation of what property remained to them - basically the realisation of the Nuremberg laws.
He's somewhat of a hyperbolic twat, is Hertford.
he talks a lot of hyperbollocks
you're either lying or you can't add up. according to the bbc (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/results) the tory party got 36.9% of the vote. ukip got 12.6% of the vote. i make that a total of 49.5%, which is - albeit only traditionally - less than 50%.
come in AC14 i'm still waiting for an answer
e2a: oops, yer man seems to have left the building
as you were
49.56595473% actually, so you really ought to have said 49.6%.
Perhaps you could show your working
Not if you were being accurate to eight decimal places.
Yeah… of course….
Thanks mate, if I ever need your advice then I'll ask for it.
Fuck the tories Manchester is red
in town today good turn out. .
Don't see much red there, just a lot of blue giving support to a neo-liberal cartel.
Your right . like the puppet but a bit to fucking blue.
Separate names with a comma.