1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuck the Tory government

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Maharani, May 9, 2015.

1. Andrew Hertford

Andrew Hertford Chocolate Jesus

It's you who keeps on coming back for fuck's sake! You've made it clear you don't want to discuss the memorial or the racist abuse and I get that, so why are you still following me around?

And it was you who engaged with me first by the way by trying to tell me the memorial was something that it wasn't.

Let's leave it there.

2. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

*loses the will to live*

Pickman's model likes this.
  3. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Will YOU condemn the 'will you condemn?' debating trick so beloved by Tories?

4. J Ed

J Ed besieging the vampire castle

Yes, well this is 2015 where microaggressions are ruthlessly punished and stigmatised while macroaggressions are praised for punishing the undeserving

NoXion, Greebo, Jeff Robinson and 4 others like this.
  5. copliker

copliker ...

It's also a term of abuse for people descended from those who 'took the soup' and converted to protestantism in order to avail of food relief during the famine, and in some cases subsequently accumulated a lot of land from surrounding neighbours who were forced to sell up. I remember my mate telling me of one such family of snobs in his area known locally as the "black (Whatevs)" - Black man in Irish is "fear gorm" - "blue man".

Greebo and teqniq like this.
  6. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Do you do anything else on other than invite people to condemn things? If so, can you just...well you've had many years to do something else, just go away?

7. butchersapron

there was a conversation on here in 2001 about this, not the same but at the use of of an undertstanding of.

frogwoman and Greebo like this.
  8. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Thanks.

My mum was a Wren, dad was RAF, and my son is a currently serving Royal Marine.

Stick your "debating society" right up your arse.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    frogwoman, Pickman's model and Greebo like this.
  9. Jeff Robinson

Jeff Robinson Well-Known Member

10. shifting gears

shifting gears Well-Known Member

frogwoman, J Ed, Libertad and 2 others like this.
  11. Casually Red

Casually Red tomorrow belongs to me

Just a thought on that monument thing . Some years back at an anarchist demo in Dublin a few twat kids put anarchist slogans on the James Connolly statue . Place went ballistic . Day or 2 later a group of anarchists went down and cleaned it off . They also put the valid enough point if those people who wre going crackers cared about the statue so much why didn't they clean it instead of leaving it to others . Too late I'm sure to do anything about it now , but might be worth bearing in mind for the future if it happens again . A good photo op and publicity that would shut some people up . Prevent distractions .

12. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

i believe the phrase is 'to fuck shit up'

13. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Yeah. I used to get really wound up about people fucking about with war memorials. That tit swinging on the cenotaph would've got my boot up his arse if I were there, and I did start to get pissed off about this on the women's memorial. But for me, the motivation is what's important. People who desecrate Jewish graves, or graffiti mosques, should be nicked, but I think it's likely that whoever scrawled on the women's memorial simply saw it as a convenient surface. Probably didn't even know what it was.

14. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Not going to happen here. In a race between the Westminster street cleansing teams and a bunch of organised anarchos there can only be one winner.

Greebo and Casually Red like this.
  15. Casually Red

One twat with a spray can is an irritant .not the end of the world . But the opportunity it gives the scum to deflect and misdirect the coverage and the entire message of the protests , as well as causing divisions, should be impressed on everyone engaging in them beforehand .
    The fact is whatever peoples opinions many ordinary people have a lot of reverence for those memorials . Anyone defacing one is being a twat and undermining the entire effort, handing penalty kicks to the scum .

In the meantime , new laws coming in making it seriously difficult to go on strike..legally...in the public sector . Tories want a ballot threshold that if applied to themselves would mean they weren't allowed in government . Meanwhile that massively annoying cunt boris Johnson is jokingly comparing his cabinet post to a zero hour contract..and pointing out that doesn't make it a proper job . Rubbing noses in it .

They aren't hanging about, that's for sure . Full steam ahead .

Greebo, Rimbaud, coley and 2 others like this.
  16. Andrew Hertford

That’s not what I was doing, I was inviting him to explain why he wouldn’t condemn them. If someone refuses to condemn acts of racism or vandalism then what’s wrong with asking them why?

17. butchersapron

I don't just invite people to condemn things, I also ask them why they don't.

Greebo and frogwoman like this.
  18. Pickman's model

so much for "let's leave it there" you dishonest little shit.

coley likes this.
  19. Santino

Why won't you condemn the nauseating and despicable debating tactic, so beloved of the Conservative Party, of insisting people condemn things in order to distract attention from wider issues?

frogwoman, teqniq and Pickman's model like this.
  20. Andrew Hertford

...Which is what I just said.

21. Casually Red

I can understand someone's strong reluctance to engage in condemnation when there's a media bandwagon going full tilt against the protestors ,and a very understandable reluctance to be seen giving it any credence . When we all know it's a hypocritical distraction by the very same people cutting essential services for elderly, veterans etc . And an attempt to demonise all protestors .

My own take on it is it's unfortunate, better that it hadn't happened, but ultimately the work of one twat with a tin and not worth getting exercised about . And the lesser evil is simply to move on and not get overly hung up about it, which is what the scum want .

Greebo, coley, NoXion and 1 other person like this.
  22. Pickman's model

oh do fuck off you pious cunt

23. Andrew Hertford

I meant let's leave it there between you and me. So why are you still following me around like a demented puppy?

24. Santino

He still can't bring himself to condemn the likes of Cameron and Gove. :(

25. Pickman's model

so you'll carry it on without me. you just proved how utterly dishonest and mendacious you are.

26. Andrew Hertford

What on Earth makes you say that? I've been condemning the tories and the right all my life, particularly Gove since 2010.

27. Santino

And yet you refuse to condemn the vile and childish 'will you condemn?' rhetorical manoeuvre upon which they depend to prevent discussion of genuine policy differences.

28. Santino

Look at him squirming.

29. Pickman's model

on the grounds they're not harsh enough no doubt

30. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Aren't they the same?