FREE consultation - local hypnotherapist

Discussion in 'Brixton Noticeboard' started by Hypnotherapy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy Brixton Hypnotherapy

HI
    Based at the South tip of Brockwell Park, i'm offering new clients a 15mins FREE consultation to find out if hypnotherapy is something you'd like to try. The reasons I like it as a therapy is it's powerful and effective, it's future-focused and it's a brief which means we're looking at half a dozen or even less sessions. We spend very little time raking over the past or digging to find meaning or reasons behind issues - instead, we focus on CHANGE! it's a really uplifting, positive and relaxing experience, so do get in touch! liz@brixtonhypnotherapy.co.uk or 07767 256 898

Attached Files:

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What does hypnotherapy actually do?

3. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

and why is the picture of your face relevant?

4. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree Unintended gear-stick action

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

existentialist and planetgeli like this.
  5. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Look into my eyes

Opera Buffa, MadeInBedlam and ddraig like this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Please note that this is the Noticeboard forum. It's OK to ask about the services offered but not an appropriate forum for the full wrath of urban.

donkyboy and ddraig like this.
  7. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Not around the eyes

MadeInBedlam and nogojones like this.
  8. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

I can offer tasty processed meat products here? :hmm:

mrs quoad likes this.
  9. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

Look into my eyes. Not around my eyes. Into my eyes.

ETA oh FFS!!

10. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam Arm the mentally ill

Which bank will you hypnotise us to rob on your behalf?

mystic pyjamas likes this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fuck's sake. Read the FAQ on this forum please.

12. alcopop

alcopop Well-Known Member

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I was interested in finding out from the person who actually practices hypnotherapy about their own particular methods. Please stop following me around posting up Wikipedia links, because it's getting a bit weird now.

14. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

i'm beyond hypnotising. too strong willed for it to work on me. but i like the offer.

Hypnotherapy likes this.
  15. Hypnotherapy

I think most people contact someone regarding 'therapy' when they simply can't bear 'it' anymore; whether that's a way they feel, think or act or a specific fear/phobia. I remember the first time I felt like this, I was late 30's and had just broken up with a boyfriend who had changed his mind on the starting a family. He told me one day he'd like to party a few more years. I was so angry - I didn't have the luxury of time for a start! So I wanted help from someone but I didn't know what therapy to access.

Hypnotherapy is 50:50 talking and hypnosis. That means you have to do a lot of work (in fact all the work) and you can expect some tough/searching questions that are designed to sort things out. The hypnosis part of the session is often where you get to get comfy, zone out and let seeds of change embed themselves! However, sometimes you are asked to respond and do work in the hypnosis section too.

The other thing, is it's a forward-looking therapy. I've had many situations in which I haven't asked someone about any particular event from the past because I don't need to re-traumatise them. Instead, I work with tools and techniques to set things straight and re-frame how they feel about it. One thing I found hard when I sought help, was the endless raking over my past and digging up things I simply didn't want to re-visit. Of course, sometimes you have to but often you don't.

It's also a solution-driven therapy. That means we don't stay in negative spirals of thought, instead we look at re-training your thinking, feeling and acting. For example 'it's always like this' someone might say to me and I'll say 'and when is it not?' sometimes you just need a leftfield question thrown at you to open more useful doors.

There's my Hypnotherapy for Dummies Introduction - I hope you find it interesting!
    I offer 15mins FREE consultation, so do get in touch.

www.brixtonhypnotherapy.co.uk
    Liz@brixtonhypnotherapy.co.uk

16. Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy is 50:50 talking and hypnosis. That means you have to do a lot of work (in fact all the work) and you can expect some tough/searching questions that are designed to sort things out. The hypnosis part of the session is often where you get to get comfy, zone out and let seeds of change embed themselves! However, sometimes you are asked to respond and do work in the hypnosis section too.

The other thing, is it's a forward-looking therapy. I've had many situations in which I haven't asked someone about any particular event from the past because I don't need to re-traumatise them. Instead, I work with tools and techniques to set things straight and re-frame how they feel about it. One thing I found hard when I sought help, was the endless raking over my past and digging up things I simply didn't want to re-visit. Of course, sometimes you have to but often you don't.

It's also a solution-driven therapy. That means we don't stay in negative spirals of thought, instead we look at re-training your thinking, feeling and acting. For example 'it's always like this' someone might say to me and I'll say 'and when is it not?' sometimes you just need a leftfield question thrown at you to open more useful doors.

17. Hypnotherapy

if only....

18. Hypnotherapy

The Alternative Therapy Council did market research on whether people cared what therapists looked like. It turns out (and I'd say pretty obvious) that if you're going to spend an hour talking about stuff that's really personal to you, you probably do want to feel that it's someone you could talk to. I don't really like this picture, but it's the only one i've got which isn't crap or grainy or in a group, on a night out....so there it is and at least it gives people a rough idea of who they would sit with.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

*Identical threads merged