Former players...

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jun 30, 2017.

1. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

So a rival have lost a key player on the eve of the season kicking off?
    Well played, Agent Okuonghae. Well played.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he's a "key player". He seems to have played a fairly limited part in their pre-season so far with Jay Rich Baghuelou and former Bromley and Billericay captain Rob Swaine as the first choice centre backs, which may be why he's made this decision. (Again!)
    Part-time contracts generally don't start until the week of the first league match so I doubt he's been paid anything.

B.I.G likes this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Interesting. I didnt know players didnt get paid for pre-season. Thank you :)

4. Pink Panther

This is at part-time clubs, of which Welling is one. Contracts generally run for 40-42 weeks from the opening league Saturday until the final league match or play-off match depending on the success of the season.

At full-time clubs contracts generally run from July 1 to June 30 the following year. This was discussed and explained by Ben Clasper at the open supporters meeting a couple of months back in relation to our own club switching to a full-time regime.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  5. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

This probably means he's actually signed for Dartford.

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  6. Pink Panther

Kevin James now manager at Cray Valley with Kalvin Morath-Gibbs playing for them at Chatham today.

7. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Walter Figueira has signed for Waterford in the League of Ireland.

8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Walterford

pompeydunc, blueheaven, Nivag and 5 others like this.
  9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Any way to narrow that down? Was he a First Team player?

10. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Kershaney Samuels is going to the six-a-side World Cup in Crete, along with Deano Macca and Kevin James.

jnrknight and pompeydunc like this.
  11. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I posted that a while ago! Funnily enough the source of that question, his nephew, is propping up the bar with me right now at the Gowlett.

Apparently Bill Baverstock died late last year in Devon where he’d moved to from Bromley.

Bideford D-Day veteran who died aged 97 was ‘warm and friendly’

No further details of a possible Hamlet connection I’m afraid.

12. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Seems like Welling's quota of ex-Hamlet players is full - Charlie Allen has signed on for Cray Wanderers.

StephenMac and Pink Panther like this.
  13. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

Went to Beckenham Town v Punjab Utd on Saturday - Ash Carew was in the stand in a Beckenham tracksuit but didn't play. Laurent Hamici started for Punjab but had to go off early on with a nasty looking shoulder injury.

jnrknight and B.I.G like this.
  14. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Laurent Hamici scoring!!!!

pompeydunc and B.I.G like this.
  15. Ben Caldecourt

Ben Caldecourt Active Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Iffy Allen is at Maidstone.

16. Moroccan Sunset

Erhun, along with other senior Bolton players, apparently refused to play for Bolton today. Their fans are in absolute meltdown, although I can't quite understand why, given that they hadn't been paid for the past five months.

I thought his decision to move to Bolton was an odd/agent-driven one, but it's turning out to be catastrophic.

17. Pink Panther

Charlton wanted to take him last January but Bolton blocked it as they couldn't sign a replacement. They held him to his contract, then failed to fulfil their own obligations if they haven't paid him and others for 5 months.

Other former players I've spotted in today's Isthmian Premier teams:

Billy Crook - East Thurrock United
    Michael Kamara - Carshalton Athletic
    Roman Michael-Percil - Wingate & Finchley

B.I.G likes this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Serves Billy Crook right.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  19. Dodger

Dodger Active Member

Hasn't our physio gone to Carshalton as well?

20. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Chambers came on in 53rd minute for Wrexham. They were 1-0 up though down to ten men at that point. Ended up losing 2-1. He’s been an unused sub in the previous two League games.

B.I.G likes this.
  21. Pink Panther

Nathan Ferguson scored Crawley's second in a 2-0 home win over Salford City. Panutche Camara also started for Crawley.

Moroccan Sunset and B.I.G like this.
  22. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Unless it has changed the standard League contract permits players to resign after three months non payment. They have to offer fourteen days notice so the club can try to pay them / sell them etc. I'm surprised Bolton still have five senior players sadly.

Unfortunately Erhun will be in an awful negotiating position if he leaves Bolton now

23. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

I feel sorry for Erhun being stick in that position. Hope he can find another club soon. He'd always be welcome back at Dulwich :)

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

A terrible negotiating position on a free transfer?

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  25. Moroccan Sunset

Exactly. Free transfer and outside of the transfer window - I think he'll have a lot of offers.

B.I.G likes this.
  26. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

I know it won't happen, I know that, but wouldn't it be nice to see Erhun back in se22? Even if we just take him on until he finds a new club.

B.I.G likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Erhun and Mills.

28. Pink Panther

I'm sure there are clubs who would like to have him, it depends whether they can afford to match his Bolton contract. The window has only just closed so I would imagine most clubs will already have the players they feel they need within their budget.

29. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Here’s the Ferguson goal:

30. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member