Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

And Steven Sardinha who made a brief appearance for us last season or season before. I think he had been at Leatherhead until now.

2. George is Daddy Pigs son in the show

3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Arghh Romford win 4-3 on penalties. Tamplin punches the air. His managerial career back on track!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

What on earth is wrong with a manager cheering a win?

Jamie Wyatt, EDC and Pink Panther like this.
  5. Trimmy

Trimmy Lives for Charking Picken

You might like the report on this link (https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/sport/football/romford-barking-velocity-trophy-match-report) if that's how you feel. I'm no fan of the man, but for good or ill there are dozens of innocent people plying a trade working behind the scenes and supporting families. Millionaires can choose to distribute their cash freely, or stash it gold and count it every night. He would be worse if he was the latter. No-one is all bad.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You can't stash your cash if you are laundering it though.

Cyclodunc, Moroccan Sunset and Trimmy like this.
  7. editor

editor hiraethified

He just flaunts his wealth with hugely expensive sports cars and then makes a huge LOOK AT ME fuss about donating a few of his family's cast-off shoes.

Ronco and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

And then there's the question of how exactly he accumulated such wealth in the first place and how much tax he's paid on it.

Ronco, Moroccan Sunset and editor like this.
  9. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Nothing. Did I say there was?
    I wasn't at the game and have no idea if he cheered, punched the air or sniffed some coke. It was imagined if you like. I have nothing against Romford FC but I was hoping, inspite all the money spent, the manager's record would be played 3 lost 3.

If 'the millionaire' offered me some money and I knew it was obtained illegally I would not accept it and buy Christmas presents for my children with it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  10. Pink Panther

I think Tamplin gets more than enough publicity as it is. I get that the sort of media outlets that normally pay no attention to non-league enjoy feeding his ego by talking about him, but monitoring their league cup performances on here seems a bit obsessive to me.

11. T Corcoran

T Corcoran Member

Last night, Romford signed the rapper "Ramz" most of you won't have a clue who he is but to us youth he's quite good IMG_20191130_165041.jpg

12. Pink Panther

You're right, I've never heard of him, but I think the key question is "Good at what!" Rap or football?

pettyboy likes this.
  13. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

The last Ramone?

14. T Corcoran

T Corcoran Member

Goof
    Good at rapping. I've seen him play for the YouTube Sunday League team SE Dons and he wasn't that good

Pink Panther likes this.
  15. Emmbeee

Emmbeee Active Member

Maybe he'll keep the bench warm and lead the sing song in the dressing room?

16. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

Maybe Glenn's getting into the music biz! The Romford Rap for Xmas Number 1!

17. Emmbeee

Emmbeee Active Member

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

19. editor

editor hiraethified

Twitter response

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:49 PM
  21. editor

editor hiraethified

22. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

My other club, Notts County, have faced numerous winding up petitions in recent years. It’s usually to do with VAT and brought by the HMRC. My guess is they’ll get an extension or will make the payment in time. But who knows.

23. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Always been my fear for Ricay. I feel for their loyal fans.

24. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

Billericay Town FC Club Statement – 4th December 2019

Earlier today, we were contacted by a couple of media sources for comment as the club appeared on the ‘Companies Court winding up list’. On investigation, this was an ‘unadvertised’ procedure relating to a debt from before the current consortium took control.

The club are in the process of dealing with all the creditors from that period and are comfortable that everything necessary is being done to resolve these past issues.

Billericay Town FC is stable and moving forward in the right direction both on and off the field,

Thank you for your continued support.

GregDHFC, EDC and Nivag like this.
  25. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Macclesfield and Bury are on that same court list as Billericay so this would make sense.