Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Just to be clear, I'm certainly not arguing that he isn't a massive bellend!:p

Pink Panther likes this.
  2. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Club haven’t announced it yet but he may be back in the game.

Attached Files:

3. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the "I'll do things differently this time" / "We'll grow sustainably" lines to be trotted out before he announces Sam Deering and Jake Robinson as his first signings with Harry Wheeler as Manager...

#PrayForRomford

Nivag and Pink Panther like this.
  4. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Everyone has had a Championship Manager career where they took a team from the lowest league to the top league, won it, resigned, started again with a team in the bottom league and did it all over again and again until boredom / forced retirement set in. He's just doing it without the success bit. Maybe he's less materialistic than we give him credit for?

5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

And Romford's management team fired the same day. Classy.

editor, Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

They are bottom with 5 points.

7. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Press release 2

A new management team of 4 people have been put in place who have access to players at higher levels, including league two. Some of those players will be available for Saturdays home game against Coggeshall.

Off we go again.

StephenMac likes this.
  8. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Long-serving management team. Yeah, they have 5 points but also no income and have been getting by in Brentwood paying expenses only I gather. Can't see any point in chucking money at players and management (although of course he will) until they get back to Romford. I had sympathy with Billericay last time around, hope it goes to shit this time.

editor and Pink Panther like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Romford is hideously white. Last time I was there was in a fight on a 248.

10. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    LOL! At least when he started at #Rickerty he was signing Vanarama players. This time Romford are in a lower division and he is aiming for division 2 players + Archie (of course). Romford ground share with Brentwood! Perhaps he will go for Messi & Ronaldo on a loan deal worth £50M for 6 weeks! #Tamplinomics.
    Makes me laugh even the #Rickerty moderates are slagging him off. They won't be able to compete with Romford's budget. If Glenn sign's Jake Robinson this week he won't be playing against us next weekend!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  11. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Perhaps Romford and Billericay will merge. It would be the perfect solution. We can then have competition to think of a new club name anagram like #essextwatsutd

12. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Looks like we need a new thread called “Romford - Owner Glenn Tamplin becomes Manager”:

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Harry Wheeler as assistant then?

14. Pink Panther

Just change the title to "Billeromford".

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  15. editor

editor hiraethified

This thread now needs a new title that includes Tamplin's Billericay and Romford roles. Suggestions, if you please.

16. 3010

3010 Well-Known Member

Humble Glenn lets us know it’s not about him:

And then follows that tweet with this picture!

17. scousedom

“Billericay Romford” is an anagram of “Oily FRB crimelord”. Urban dictionary tells me FRB is an abbreviation for “fat rat bastard”.
    So that’s my submission.

Trimmy, Moroccan Sunset, JimW and 6 others like this.
  18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Excellent work this. More please.

I am loving the Tamplin Bingo on the Romford FC fans unofficial Facebook.

15 new players in one day! Bottom of the Isthmian North. Imagine how delighted the other teams are going to be if Romford win every game to the end of season completely distorting non league football again. For the Romford fans it's marginally better than bankruptcy. They might get a new stadium. They could play on the pitch in Glenn's garden. I know it's not in Romford but the fans will get used to travelling. He could probably build a stadium around it without planning permission. Sorted!

You don't like this? What about changing the name of the club to Tamplin & Sons Metal FC and playing their games in the Cayman Islands?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  19. editor

editor hiraethified

Nivag and AverageJoe like this.
  20. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

21. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Have we opened the book on the debut of the "Former Romford owner..." thread?

22. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

I love that someone has taken the time to draw the bingo card......and that you are writing about it in Japan or wherever you are.

Ronco likes this.
  23. scousedom

“Tamplin’s Romford” is “Nimrod’s Platform”.

24. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Romford v Coggeshall is free entry on Saturday and Glenn is going to buy everyone a free drink. The Coggeshall fans want to know if they are getting a free drink too LOL!

25. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Tamplin FC vs Olly Murs FC. A proxy war for the struggle between Tamplin and Murs for the place at the top of the Essex Power List

Hamlet Pete and Cyclodunc like this.
  26. Tamplin picks new players
    After an intense training session featuring over 30 players, Glenn Tamplin and his coaching staff have completed their first Romford signings.

We welcome to the club

Salim Nassor
    Briggs Ojeman
    Novell Sony Bruce
    Sam Bantick
    Jay Bacon
    Freddy Moncur
    Tyrone Kirunda
    Manny Agboola
    Germaine Dua
    Tambeson Eyong
    Mohammed Mahmoud
    Jordan Westcott
    Akeem Campbell
    Joshua Exley Banks

Manager Tamplin said he was pleased with the new squad but still intended to add to it over the next few days, with at least 2 new signings before the weekend.

27. Pink Panther

I recognise a few of those names. Eyong was a squad player at Billericay, Bantick played against us during a brief spell with Tonbridge a coupleof years ago. Moncur has done the rounds. At first glance it doesn't look like a unit to terrorise the division.

28. scousedom

Which one of them is Tamplin junior’s alias? “Sony” Bruce perhaps?

Paninaro71, EDC and Pink Panther like this.
  29. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Romford 2 Coggeshall 3. Sack the manager?

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  30. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member