Former Billericay owner Glenn Tamplin takes over Romford FC

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Mar 2, 2017.

1. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

He's a Dulwich supporter. I'm sure you're right about lots of things but perhaps, if you wanted to draw attention to his long-forgotten post, you could have just said it was inaccurate. Otherwise you look a bit mad.

2. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

editor likes this.
  4. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

More to boost his ego by getting his mug on the telly I'd guess.

To be honest though you can see it's potentially quite entertaining TV. Probably not in the way that Tamplin imagines though.

Pink Panther, Lucy Fur and editor like this.
  5. Pink Panther

He just can't stop meddling. They're on a good run of results since Wheeler returned as manager, but instead of just sitting back and letting him get on with it he has to make it all about himself again. GTFC.

editor likes this.
  6. YTC

YTC Human Man

We know how this is going to end up.

7. Lyham

Lyham Active Member

His announcement on Twitter was accompanied by a photo of himself, rather than anything to do with the club; so that would be my guess too.

editor likes this.
  8. Pink Panther

I think we've known that from the moment BTFC became GTFC. I'm still sore that he denied me my greatest footballing hope of seeing the Hamlet crowned Isthmian League champions, and at some point Billericay will go into administration or liquidation just like Hornchurch did a fortnight after inflicting our heaviest ever defeat in the 2004/5 FA Cup .

iamwithnail and editor like this.
  9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I wish this bloke would disappear up his own arse once and for all.

10. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Its gonna be the Bros documentary of 2019 innit!

11. Pink Panther

Matt Goss is basically David St Hubbins of Spïnal Tap.

Lucy Fur and iamwithnail like this.
  12. editor

editor hiraethified

13. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

The accounts from supporters in here have not been corroborated, in particular about attacking a minor and a disabled fan. The Non-League Paper reported this as a fact two weeks back, and published an apology at the weekend for not sufficiently checking the facts.

Pink Panther, Jamie Wyatt and Nivag like this.
  14. SloughRebel

SloughRebel New Member

I was at the match and this incident did indeed take place. In fact it was two Billericay players who jumped the fence though only one was involved in the incident.

The ball went over the fence and a kid was playing with it for no more than a few seconds when the Billericay player decided to jump the fence. Immediately and aggressively going after the boy. It was at the same time as the majority of fans were moving round to swap ends, so several people were able to step between the player and the boy. It took at least five minutes to calm the player with stewards being involved eventually walking him down the tunnel.

With several stewards involved and cctv there is plenty of evidence.

pompeydunc and editor like this.
  15. editor

editor hiraethified

Their story was in fact a non story and they appeared to have done nothing substantial to have checked the facts for themselves.

pompeydunc likes this.
  16. editor

editor hiraethified

So a 1-3 home thumping by Hampton shunts Billericay down to 9th place and their crowds continue to fall far short of expectations too, with 829 there today.

17. Pink Panther

But at least they don't attract the wrong sort of supporters, like women and children, otherwise their attendances would be as big as ours.

18. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

They ended up with the man mountain that is Danny Waldren in goal. Massive banter.

B.I.G and Cyclodunc like this.
  19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Definitely going to Maidstone v Billericay next season!!! Might even go to the bookies and have a little bet ;)

B.I.G likes this.
  20. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

829 #justsaying

21. EDC

It’s wrong to gloat about other clubs attendances. Where were the other 2500 earlier this season at Tooting?

WillClunas, pompeydunc, 3010 and 6 others like this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Correct. We need to wait for Billericay to go bust.

Bust means bust.

The 2500 were in their homes in East Dulwich or going for brunch.

GregDHFC and Blitzwalker like this.
  23. editor

editor hiraethified

It's also wrong to brag loudly about massive attendances that are never going to materialise.

24. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Two wrongs don’t make a right...

25. editor

editor hiraethified

Good job I wasn't offering that as an argument.

Pink Panther likes this.
  26. Pink Panther

Billericay aren't playing 8 miles away in someone else's ground. Personally I don't really care what their attendance figures are, and 829 is comparable to what other play-off contenders like Bath, Chelmsford and Wealdstone are getting; but those are stable clubs with a loyal long term support. We're in the final month of the season, Billericay are pushing for promotion via the play-offs, and 829 is well below their own seasonal average. Nothing about the club appears stable and you can't plan or budget sensibly for the long term if large numbers of supporters are suddenly going missing.

It remains to be seen whether our own club can sustain the attendance figures of recent months, but those who've flocked back can hardly be accused of glory hunting when we've been in a relegation battle ever since our return, and given how our attendances have risen steadily over a 10 year period I find it quite annoying for our own longer-term supporters to question the loyalty and commitment of those who've discovered the club more recently. The newcomers deserve a bit more respect. We get enough sneering remarks from outside the club without those inside it reinforcing the narrative.

If I was a Billericay fan I'd be very worried about a number of aspects of the club. Thankfully I'm not. Hopefully they won't go bust, but I reckon it's only a matter of time before they're back in the Isthmian League with their financial doping predecessors Margate and Whitehawk, playing in front of 300 again, and I for one intend to gloat when it happens because they've made their bed and can bloody well lie in it, having cheated our club out of the Isthmian Championship along the way thanks to huge quantities of cash from highly dubious sources.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  27. EDC

I know how you feel, as A Chelsea fan I'm sick to death of Man City and their dodgy money, I'm praying for the day they crash and burn.

Moroccan Sunset and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  28. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

lol good to see a Chelski fan with a sense of humour :D

Ponyutd, Cat Daisy, Jimbob73 and 3 others like this.
  29. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

This is ironic right? Please tell me it is and I'm just missing the joke

Ponyutd and Nivag like this.
  30. EDC

Deadly serious mate.