Football & Wellbeing Study

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Jill_Desmond, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Jill_Desmond

Jill_Desmond New Member

Hello.

I'm conducting a research study into the wellbeing of football fans across the UK and I would love to hear from Dulwich Hamlet fans.

I am particularly interested in the psychological benefits of following the club and how that relates to football fans in other divisions, regions and steps in the pyramid.

Below is a link to the survey. It's very straightforward. I'd be extremely grateful for your time and honest opinion in responding as this will form the centre-piece to my psychology degree.

Football fan survey link: https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E0yn0aecIVVNHL

Please feel free to share the link with family and friends too - regardless of which club they follow. The more responses I get, the better.

If you're interested in the results, I'd be happy to post a link to the final report and anonymous data, if that’s ok - just let me know.

Thank you ever so much in advance for all your help and efforts. if you have any questions about the survey, please email me, Jill Desmond at: zy206400@my.open.ac.uk.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Done.

4. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

For those who are curious, and don't know who she is, Jill is a Hamlet fan, but can't get to many games now, as she lives in Yorkshire, so fill it out to help a fellow Hamlet fan.

Pink Panther and Jill_Desmond like this.
  6. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Nice work pal. I completed this last night and was actually quite taken aback at how much DHFC does influence my wellbeing!

dcdulwich and Jill_Desmond like this.
  7. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I'm not, in all honesty, not entirely sure what 'wellbeing' means...but I do know that down the decades whilst supporting The Hamlet has caused me a lot of heartache and pain, without a doubt, one hundred per cent, it has also kept me alive.

ForwardHamlet and Pink Panther like this.
  8. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

This is why Meadow must be defeated and why I despise them, and everything they stand for. Their malicious hate campaign against our club threatens the wellbeing of our whole community.

9. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

Essentially, DHFC makes me happy.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  10. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Also evidence to show communal singing (Rabble) also aids wellbeing (mental and physical)

People in communities generally live longer and better health

it's isolation that leads to many health problems

11. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Have you tried recruiting Sunderland fans?

My boss is a Sunderland fan.

Outliers are good for data.

Jill_Desmond likes this.
  12. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Done. If the work goes into an open access repository following completion, please paste the link on here as i'd really like to read the final report. Well done.

13. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Did it over the weekend

SDE likes this.
  14. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Makes me feel this way too.

15. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

16. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

17. Borstal Scum

Borstal Scum New Member

18. Clareg

Clareg Well-Known Member

Done and made me remind myself to renew season ticket asap.

SDE likes this.