Football Leaks

Discussion in 'football' started by tommers, Nov 2, 2018.

1. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Don't know how reliable it is but it all seems perfectly believable.

PSG and City should have been banned from competitions as they repeatedly broke FFP but they were protected by UEFA.

The Qataris took over PSG and started a sports channel in France in exchange for being given the World Cup, at the urging of Sarkozy.

16 clubs are going to announce a "Euro Super League" next week. 5 from the UK - Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool (boo hoo Spurs but you might win something now I suppose).

There's more out there that I can't be bothered to read.

The sooner they all fuck off the better as far as I'm concerned.

Football: Documents Show Secret Plans for Elite League of Top Clubs - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Badgers likes this.
  2. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

+tve drugs tests of 'multiple champions league winner'.

tommers likes this.
  3. tommers

None of it is very surprising. But interesting to see it set out.

4. TruXta

TruXta tired

Pepe on the angeldust

Badgers likes this.
  5. tommers

City will be in it up to their necks. Along with Barcelona and Real.

And plenty of others I imagine.

Badgers likes this.
  6. TruXta

TruXta tired

Doping? I bet they all are. Even the crap ones.

Badgers, Sweet FA and tommers like this.
  7. butchersapron

The spiegel site seems to be rammed.

8. tommers

I was trying to convince my mate that it was rife in football and he wasn't having any of it. Thought his reaction was really strange. Cyclists are tested loads more and with much lower financial rewards and they still do it. Why on earth wouldn't footballers?

Badgers and Fez909 like this.
  9. tommers

"the 17 teams with the strongest TV presences"

And there you have it.

Badgers likes this.
  10. copliker

copliker ...

11. butchersapron

12. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

City won't be. The articles say little or nothing that wasn't already public knowledge. City were in the clear over the misnamed FFP rules and UEFA then moved the goalposts. City did what any business would do, and what all clubs penalised by UEFA actually do, and negotiated a settlement. The reason UEFA settled is that they knew that what they had done in moving the goalposts was illegal and didn't want to risk going to court.

13. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

No Leeds?

14. TruXta

TruXta tired

With all that money at stake you bet your milky white arse they have highly sophisticated doping routines that are simply undetectable by approved labs. Or they simply bribe the shit out of anyone important.

tommers and Badgers like this.
  15. butchersapron

That's just the pathetic fair play rules. This is about more than that.

tommers likes this.
  16. butchersapron

Better than all that.

Previous slime-balls = FA guilty as well.

The39thStep likes this.
  17. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

City did not repeatedly break FFP rules. They did it once, and only after, as I said above, the goalposts were moved by UEFA.

We should also remember that FFP was only introduced to protect the cartel clubs that were already rich from any challenge, thus preserving the status quo. Without investment into other clubs, and the breaking of the monopoly on CL qualification and the domestic leagues' top fours etc, the status quo would be permanent.

18. copliker

copliker ...

Mistakes were made.

tommers and The39thStep like this.
  19. tommers

You realise that City would have their membership of this "Super League" guaranteed for 20 years no matter what right?

Give it up mate. You're not some force for good disrupting the establishment. You are the establishment. Plucky little multi-billionaires.

FFP is meaningless anyway. At least for some clubs. This all clearly shows that.

20. tommers

"Football is systematically corrupt, controlled by big clubs carving up the entire competition structure for their own benefit and to the detriment of everybody else"

"not the big club I support, just the others"

LiamO likes this.
  21. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

City quite clearly have disrupted the establishment, and had to overcome the hurdles the establishment clubs, through their undue influence on the game's governing bodies, put in their way.

I never mentioned forces for good, though. The only 'good' is in rubbing that establishment up the wrong way by putting in a challenge. And the challenge was only possible through massive investment. If there is any other way, I'm not aware of it. I might have misunderstood your 'up to their necks' comment, but if you were referring to a proposed Super League, then you're right. City will be in there because they challenged the establishment and then joined it (albeit accepted grugingly by the cartel clubs), as any club would in the same circumstances. I don't agree with it, nor, I suspect, would many other City fans (most City fans haven't even taken to the-clearly bent-Champions League.) But the fans have no say, no matter what club you support.

FFP is far from meaningless. For one thing it is designed, and will achieve the aim if not challenged, of consigning clubs like your own to being permanent mid-table fodder at best. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

22. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

Far from my own attitude. I would favour a much fairer distribution of money and resources throughout the game. But this will never be allowed, due to the money involved, and the corruption at all levels. It's a business with a sport attached to it, not the other way round, and has been for a long time.

tommers likes this.
  23. tommers

Yeah, I was talking about performance enhancing drugs, not FFP.

Yeah, I agree. But I said "some clubs". Yourselves and PSG have clearly circumvented it. It's a shit thing anyway but it's another example of one rule for some and another one for others.

And none of this is peculiar to one club or another. That's the thing. Like David Sullivan wouldn't be all over this if he had the chance.

It doesn't matter if City broke the rules once or every year, the entire structure is rotten.

24. tommers

Who do we think the "multiple champions league winner" is?

I mean, like we don't all know.

[​IMG]

Sweet FA and Badgers like this.
  25. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

Popcorn at the ready.

26. RD2003

RD2003 Well-Known Member

City haven't circumvented FFP rules, but, as I said, were penalised once, after the rules were altered contrary to what the club was previously told by UEFA, and negotiated a settlement. This is not one rule for some but the way the process is conducted with all clubs. All clubs are invited to negotiate a settlement when penalised.

As for performance enhancing drugs, I haven't read all of what's in the links above, but I haven't heard City's name linked to anything.

27. tommers

Yeah the PED stuff is just me. That's not linked in any stuff I've seen.

Maybe read the Spiegel guide though

Again, the important bit of this isn't how often City broke FFP rules. It's that the whole thing is corrupt. All of it.

28. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I've not heard any direct allegations, but City players going to Spain for 'treatment' and coming back from injury in half the time it usually takes to recover is so common now that it's a meme

Threshers_Flail and tommers like this.
  29. tommers

There was a great article about it in the Guardian. Linking Fuentes et.al. to various Spanish clubs.

Fez909 likes this.
  30. tommers

Riklet and Fez909 like this.