Football Lads Against Fascism

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red About Town, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Yes, I know that, I was countering the odd stance that it isn’t common vernacular/ or outside of Scotland.

2. manji

manji Well-Known Member

We weren’t even going to uses lasses. Then it developed into lasses or lassies. But a lot of females are involved so we agreed to it. :)
    I knew a few smart arses would latch on to it. Heard it all before.

3. manji

manji Well-Known Member

Lassies is Scotland.

4. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. ;)

manji likes this.
  5. Magnus McGinty

Magnus McGinty Wh♂️

I was merely pointing out that it’s common vernacular in the NE England to those I quoted; it wasn’t a criticism aimed at FLAF so I’ve no idea what we’re disagreeing about.

6. manji

manji Well-Known Member

Point taken.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  7. SpackleFrog

SpackleFrog Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts

I'm not, I'm saying they are the only people using them where I am, and that I'd like to get involved but not with them.

I'm not unsympathetic to what you're saying and I appreciate it's only been going a few weeks. I'm just asking for ways to get involved/do something with it beyond stickering places.

ddraig and manji like this.
  8. SpackleFrog

Fighting racism on the terraces everywhere is relevant to all of us everywhere

ddraig and manji like this.
  9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

yes of course
    does not invalidate what I said

10. manji

manji Well-Known Member

At the moment we are at the stickering networking stage. It’s grown faster and bigger than we expected. I have gone from myself and another person in my club, to now we have large groups in 7 clubs in my area. We exchange information, we are having an informal meet this weekend.

11. SpackleFrog

That's excellent, well done.

manji likes this.
  12. manji

manji Well-Known Member

Thanks but it’s happening all over the country.

13. SpackleFrog

Again, that's excellent, be great to hear about anything happening in South Yorkshire!

manji likes this.
  14. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Theres beginning to be a bit of news on Twitter

manji likes this.
  15. manji

manji Well-Known Member

They demos aren’t going to happen straight away . It’s about networking and forming groups. Just message anyone who lives near you or supports the same team.
    Three of us ( we didn’t know each other) just went for a coffee the other day. Coordinated stickering , exchanged info on known FLA members etc. Might not sound much but we have quite a formidable grouping in my area now and we aren’t placard carriers.

SpackleFrog likes this.
  16. SpackleFrog

No that sounds great and how you've gotta do it innit. It might be slightly tougher for me - I'm an exile. I know of people who are interested/following the FLAF stuff at my hometown club, and I know a few people who go to Wednesday matches and go along with them now and again, but I'm not in a position to take any kind of lead among Wednesday fans. But talking about it with football fans I know and thinking about what I can do.

17. SpackleFrog

I know a few Blades as well to be fair but fuck the piggies innit, only been there as an away fan :)

18. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM