Food bank collection on Saturday

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by GOP, Aug 29, 2018.

1. GOP

GOP Active Member

On Saturday afternoon, ahead of the home fixture vs Hampton & Richmond, we will be doing a collection at Imperial Fields on behalf of Wimbledon food bank. We will have a clearly signposted table. Remember to bring along non-perishable food items and toiletries and I will be transporting it all later to a collection point.

They are in particular need of the following items:

Tinned fish, ketchup, tinned tomatoes, tea, squash/fruit juice and shower gel. I am informed they have got plenty of pasta and baked beans!

If you are unable to attend on Saturday and would like to find out more, please use the following link: About our foodbank | Wimbledon Foodbank

Thank you in advance

2. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

Helping London Borough of Merton rather than Southwark?

3. Dodger

Dodger Well-Known Member

Helping people?

4. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Outrageous.

Fingers likes this.
  5. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

We will this season engage with Southwark as we do each season but also the local community/borough of where we play.

darryl, WillClunas, Nivag and 2 others like this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

If you feel that strongly about it just ignore the collection at our match and make a donation to a different foodbank of your choice instead.

darryl, Thimble Queen, clog and 6 others like this.
  7. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

PEAK URBAN KLAXON

9. barnsleydulwich

barnsleydulwich Well-Known Member

I currently live in the London Borough of Bromley, with a wife from the London Borough of Lambeth and support a team from the London Borough of Southwark that are playing in the London borough of Merton. I don't know what I'm doing! Suppose I could just be nice to everyone.

darryl and Pink Panther like this.
  10. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Go for it!

11. Northants Dal

Don't feel that strongly about it, any foodbank collection is worthy, just surprised about the borough but no big deal... shame it can't be shared around South London but obviously logistically not possible. Not criticising worthy causes (I don't think), just wish it was for Southwark.

12. Northants Dal

That make belief figure won't donate

13. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

It's almost like you've never heard of the Feeding of the 5,000 :thumbs:

14. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Start one for Southwark then. I am sure people will contribute. If you see a gap in things already being done, fill the gap. Don't criticise what's being done already.

clog and Pink Panther like this.