Flying from Cardiff to North Wales

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by 1927, May 24, 2018.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Just in case there are people who aren't aware of the service, which i can highly recommend. Today I have done something I've never done before, I've flown to work!! Ive always put off work in North Wales due to the 5 hour drive each way, but today I left home in Barry at 630am was back home by 630 this evening, and done a days work in between. (i say a day, i was finished by 11am).

I flew with Flybe and it was a great experience, only cost £39 return and i even got a free coffee/soft drink each way, and a choice of chocolate, crisps or muesli bar, Ryanair would have charged me atleast £5 each way for those!

Flight up had a Lord and 2 AMs on it but flights both ways were full. Evidently Flybe could fill another flight each way each day, but the RAF won't give them anymore slots (its still a military airport)

2. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

Which patch did you fly into ?

3. 1927

RAF Valley.

4. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

My boss (in a past life) flew this route. When they turned up the First Minister was also on the flight.

When it was my turn to go up I was given a train ticket or a hire car. Not impressed. Justification was that I traveled with a bit of a retinue so car sharing or working together whilst on the train was a better use of resources :mad: :mad:

5. 1927

Had the first minister been on my flight today I'd like to think I'd have had the balls to call him out for a few things, horrible twat that he is!

6. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

Thanks, I had an idea that was where you went.

7. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

It was Rhodri Morgan in my day and he was too lovely in person to give grief to his face.

Infidel Castro likes this.