Florence and the Machine

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by electrogirl, Jul 5, 2009.

1. electrogirl

electrogirl dignity is overrated

lol totally pwned

2. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

a good point well made, sir.

dave

3. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

I spelt it wrong on purpose.

4. electrogirl

I know you are but what am I

5. kained&able

your a unicorn. i thoguht this was decided.

dave

6. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

Takes one to know one.

7. electrogirl

neigh

lol never gets old lol

8. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

9. Pingu

Pingu Credo

awesome

:D

10. kained&able

i have decided when i get bored today/2moz im going to make you a unicorn picture, electrogirl.

it will be ginger and wacky and probabey have bow in its hair.

I shall title it "Blates a unicorn"

dave

11. electrogirl

That literally sounds like the best thing ever. I mean, it is actually the best thing I've ever imagined.

12. kained&able

im sure as with everything i do the anticipation will be better then the result but it needs to happen.

I still owe you for the owl.

dave

13. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Hm. She's getting quite famous isn't she? I played on a project she did before she got signed. I should probably put that CD somewhere safe because it never got released and there can only be about ten of them in the world...

14. electrogirl

Still LOVE her. My friend went to a secret gig of hers on Monday and she leered in her face by accident. :cool:

15. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

In some respects I kinda think that she is a bit of a PJ Harvey (etc) wanna be but then again love her and want to have her babies! :D

The Drumming song has been a bit over played but that is totally fine by me as it makes me feel amazing!

16. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Wow, electrogirl - remember her?

17. Dillinger4

Dillinger4 Es gibt Zeit

electrowho?

18. Scarlette

Scarlette Well-Known Member

Where is she?

19. Sadken

Sadken K-5 You -0

Dublin, as it goes

20. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

I bet you all an internet 10er she bags the Mercury Music prize

(florence, not electrogirl)

21. yeah, reckon yr right... (You'll see no internet 10er from me, m'boy!)

Florence of "the machine" does far too much keening, it does my nut in, particularly on "rabbit-hearted girl". Keening, like the noise a seagull makes. Keening, like the sound the singer of the band Keane would make if he was being kicked keenly in the balls by Roy Keane. Wailing, like the wailing Moz does in the last 30 seconds of 'vicar in a tutu', only wailier. Epic wail. Waily like whalesong. Keening like a Keane song. Failing like a fail song, only failier.

I AM NOT KEEN ON THIS WAILING!!!:mad:

22. Just needed to get that off my chest *breathes, takes medication*. Ever since she's gone onto heavy rotation on 6music, them songs have been doing my nut in, just cos her singing style seems to be 'inconsolable woman at a funeral'. Actually, I like her now, after venting :) *

*that funky little number trivialising domestic abuse is still a load of bollocks tho ;)

23. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Having seen her on the telly playing at Reading, I can also reveal that she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket :eek:

24. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I was surprised. I saw her live at Swindon and she could carry a tune. Very very well.
    Saw her on telly at Reading and I thought OMG whats happened? :confused:

25. Scarlette

Scarlette Well-Known Member

I really like that song though. Lovely Dillinger sent it to me.

26. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

She is known to be a fan of partying hard. Maybe she'd been on a bender the night before?

27. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

Init. My mate who went to Reading claims she was amazing but when I asked her how high she was at the time she piped down a bit and admitted that it could just as easily have been Lemmy up there in a ginger wig and she wouldn't have known the difference :hmm:

28. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Now that is something I'd pay to see.

But seriously she was good enough at Swindon to impress my friend and I (neither of which had ever heard of her before) enough to think we'll keep an eye out for her in future.

If I'd seen the Reading performance first though we'd have strolled off early for a burger instead.

29. chico enrico

chico enrico No hair shows you care.

although perhaps that would have looked more attractive.

i don't like the cut of her jib.
    i saw her on the box doing some song about "a kiss with a fist" and it was utter pensioner's piss. reminded me of that juliette lewis hog's jaw and her woeful band.

30. temper_tantrum

temper_tantrum The beauty of the ride

I love Florence + The Machine.

I have no critical appraisal to add to the thread, only entirely uncritical adoration. She is fab.