1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickr is Getting a Major Makeover

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by RoyReed, Feb 22, 2012.

1. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

Here's the equivalent in Firefox. There's no shortcut to copy the image URL. You just have to highlight the text and do Ctrl+C to copy it.

firefox.jpg

And here it is working.

[​IMG]

2. Hocus Eye.

Hocus Eye. Snap, crop, scrap crap

[​IMG]

Roy that is so frustrating because I can't see how you get that text beneath the picture to copy. I have just got to work it out for myself. I tried using Chrome but could not do it there either. It is obviously me being dumb.

E2A
    Aah, I have found a workaround at last. :thumbs:

[​IMG]

And again here! I found that a right click on the picture brings up an options list, one of which is View Image Info. From that you can copy the one that looks like a url using straight Copy and then you have it. I use Ditto as my extended copy gizmo and it gives a loud ring when it picks up a copy. From there you can insert it into the Urban forum in the usual way. Thanks Roy Read for your help.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  3. Hocus Eye.

Oh dear, I have decided to revive my old Flickr account which had less than a dozen pictures on it. I found my password and signed in.

Then I thought I would link to one of my pictures, which I had been able to do before. Now it doesn't work. An internet search for how to do this revealed lots of others asking the same question, with no satisfactory reply. I understand that Flickr doesn't want to allow linking to pictures without a link back to the Flickr site. I would love to comply with their rules, but they omit to say how to do this. No wonder there are hordes of people transferring to Ipernity.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    muscovyduck likes this.
  4. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

That's been mentioned - just copy the normal link and remove the link bit. It's apparently harder to do that on ipernity from what people are saying here.

5. Hocus Eye.

[​IMG]P1060556XSP by samsingsing, on Flickr

Something I need to know still. :confused::hmm:

I solved the problem on Ipernity but not yet on Flickr.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/60465343@N08/5513331570/in/photostream/player/" width="427" height="500" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Still trying :facepalm:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/60465343@N08/5513331570/in/photostream/player/ :oops:

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/60465343@N08/6107058268/player/" width="500" height="332" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe> :mad:

[​IMG] :mad::mad:

Time to give up for now.

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. cybertect

cybertect It's grim up north (London)

You're copying the Iframe code for an embedded player for your stream (which this forum doesn't support) - try BB code instead (it has a pin icon)

7. Hocus Eye.

8. Hocus Eye.

[​IMG]

P1020960X
    by samsingsing, on Flickr

I couldn't find a pin icon but the BBcode was there for the taking. I had a few problems getting to scroll down to choose the size I wanted but thanks Cybertect for your help.

Vintage Paw likes this.
  9. Hocus Eye.

VP - sorry I edited my post after you liked it. That image of the fat man is now in my competition entry. Or maybe you liked the big bird image.

Vintage Paw likes this.
  10. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

Here's how to post an image from Flickr.

[​IMG]
    St Newlyn East Church
    by RoyReed, on Flickr

flickr.jpg

Here's what you need to do if you want to remove the links from the Flickr BB code (probably breaking their terms). I've had to replace the square brackets with curly brackets otherwise this code would show the image above.

{url=https://flic.kr/p/nfGH5m}
    {img}https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2927/13949865728_dbc54482ce_z.jpg{/img}
    {/url}
    {url=https://flic.kr/p/nfGH5m}St Newlyn East Church{/url} by{url=https://www.flickr.com/people/64639998@N00/}RoyReed
    {/url}, on Flickr

If you remove everything in italic you'll remove the links. The bit that displays the image is the bit in bold: this bit {img}url{/img}.

Chilli.s and Hocus Eye. like this.
  11. Hocus Eye.

Cheers Roy, I am glad to be able to post the pictures so am quite happy to let Flickr have their way with their rules.

12. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

I quite like the new flickr layout but if it is making it hard to share photographs perhaps I will look again at www.pbase.com again.

13. RoyReed

RoyReed Must fly!

Once you know what to do (they do seem to have hidden it quite well - until you've worked out what the icons mean) it's actually very easy.

weltweit likes this.
  14. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

It's super easy in fact

15. Hocus Eye.

Yes of course it is, especially when you know the answer. That example from Roy Read is very clear, but if you have previously been finding out how Ipernity does the same thing then it is not so simple because you expect some similarities. People talking about "the pin icon" did not not help and that particular phrase still baffles me even though I have worked out the answer.

fractionMan likes this.
  16. Hocus Eye.

Weltweit I have accounts with pbase, photobucket, ipernity and flickr. My favourite is pbase, but they are quite expensive especially if you have a lot of photos on their site. Photobucket I think is a bit cheaper but they seem to have problems with rotated images. if you have vertical images they sometimes orientate themselves the wrong way. You can rotate them but sometimes they revert to the original when posted on a bulletin board. Perhaps I should delete a lot of my old pbase photos and save some money.

weltweit likes this.
  17. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

Can people not look back 1 or 2 pages? There's at least 2 different ways of putting pictures up without linking back on the last few pages.

18. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg THIS IS WHAT WE DO IN THE F.B.I.!

My way is simpler, with less clicks.

01) Click "More Actions" (the three dots next to share)
    02) Click "Download / All Sizes"
    03) Right-click, copy shortcut on the size you want.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
    Hocus Eye. likes this.
  19. mwgdrwg

...and just in case you liked the sheep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

muscovyduck and fractionMan like this.
  20. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Top one's ace :cool:

21. Hocus Eye.

Thanks mwgdrwg, that seems to be the clincher for the flickr link issue..:)

[​IMG]

Et voila!

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Sweet FA likes this.
  22. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

23. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

24. mwgdrwg

They've made it harder to get the photo's url :(

eta: ignore.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  25. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Not for me :confused:

26. mwgdrwg

4 clicks now, instead of 3.

27. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

For me it's one click plus ctrl+v to get a BB code link from a photo page

28. mwgdrwg

I don't want the bb code, I want the image's plain URL.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  29. mwgdrwg

Ignore me, you can still do it in 3 clicks :)

01) Click "Download this photo" (arrow pointing down)
    02) Click "View all sizes"
    03) Right-click, copy shortcut on the size you want.

Vintage Paw likes this.
  30. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie They only call it class war when we fight back

Nor me! :hmm: