1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flatshares

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Mrs Magpie, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

By popular request this will be a thread for flatshares in London. There is a Brixton flatshare thread in the Brixton Forum, so keep to the appropriate forum for best results!

Please note: this is not a free service for landlords.

2. han

han brixton hill hobbit

chum of mine looking for housemate

Room to rent around mid August in very comfortable, friendly house in Stamford Hill, N16, sharing with one other female. The house is located in a nice, quiet street about 10 mins walk from Stoke Newington Church Street, and is centrally heated with washing machine, TV, video etc and small garden. Seven Sisters tube nearby. Seeking friendly, considerate person (female). The rent is £408 per calendar month all inclusive (except cost of
    any phone calls). Approx. one month's deposit.

If interested, PM me.

:)

3. cemertyone

cemertyone Well-Known Member

Why are you people paying rent when we can give you a free place to stay in w.norwood....if you can give some time to us.....why pay £500 per month..when you can live in a free community......ah get real...contact us.
    Contact either cemertyone or gergl.

You know it makes sense :)

4. trylo

trylo New Member

I would make a crack about what you just posted but please elaborate... how is it a free community? A squat? Gay 'roommate' thing? What?

Sarah84x likes this.
  5. Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Princess

I`m looking for a poky little room (anywhere) where i can pay next to nothing for it. I`m deadly serious too. But I can`t afford to pay anywhere near as much as people ask for.

Janies and Sarah84x like this.
  6. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

I thought Manda had disappeared. I dunno why I thought that, I just did.

I will be asking for two flatmates to have some rooms in my house when its bought, but I will have to charge rent else I can't pay the mortgage... sorry.

7. Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Princess

i did dissappear, had a lot of things in my life, still do infact, thats why i need to get out. prontoish.

8. Eggby

Eggby Well-Known Member

Room available

Do you want to live in the sky, two minutes from the Brixton Recreation Centre, the Academy and Brixton tube? I have a double room available in my flat for £90 a week, inclusive of bills. Sharing with one other, (me). In a tower block, ninth floor, very good security, spacious, quiet, airy, fantastic views. Female preferred, vegetarianish preferred. Available from September.

9. punkyfish

punkyfish Help

Hi
    I'm looking for a double room in a friendly easygoing shared house. I'm 25, female recent post grad and have recently moved to London.
    Ideally north of the river in zone 2 and pay no more than £350 per month.
    PM me if you want more info.

10. JWH

JWH Fnord Fiesta XR3i

punkyfish - don't have one myself, but will send you contact details of ex-landlord of a mate of mine - nice houses, all PG students so no council tax, mostly Green Lanes area.

11. Zen_Guerrilla

Zen_Guerrilla Almost Concious

Looking for a nice large double room in East London, willing to pay £100 per week inclusive. Looking to move beginning of November.

12. Zen_Guerrilla

Zen_Guerrilla Almost Concious

Bump because I'm still looking. :)

13. Calum McD

Calum McD bolshevik and proud

Might be moving at short notice, so would be looking for a single room within reasonable access of East End, not too pricey. Anyone help?

14. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

Sorry if I pissed anyone off.!

15. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

TWO rooms going in Streatham

edit - both rooms gone now thanks to this thread :)

1st floor flat with small garden (w. BBQ) on Harborough Road, Streatham (v. quiet traffic-wise). 10 min walk to Streatham High Road. Equidistant betw. Streatham Hill and Streatham train stations.

One room is absolutely massive with working dbl bed & fireplace, the other one smaller with sgl bed but liveable in. All amenities shared - living room has stereo + telly + fireplace and looks onto back garden. The larger bedroom is available in lat Nov / Dec, smaller room available now. Both semi-furnished.

Would prefer chatty person. Smoking/drinking/debauchery fine but no cats as I'm allergic.

Rent + bills (tend to be small) shared & not for profit, just to cover costs. Smaller room @ 50 quid / wk (216pcm), larger @ 65 quid / wk (280 pcm). Deposit negotiable depending on your situation.

If you've got a network card in your PC I can share my broadband connection as well.

16. ubu

ubu Member

loki,
    empty your pms! I am interested in the larger room.

17. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

Sorry, done

18. stuff_it

stuff_it stirred the primordial soup

Wanted: Room in squat.

Must have electric and prefer hot water.

No junkie hellholes please.

East or South, ty.

:D

Experience of cooking nice vegan food, roast meat dinners, etc. rolls nice spliffs, can hold own in drinking/stumbling stakes.

Failing That:

Would like room in house or flat, South or East London; Must not mind partying, 3 dogs (not full time), smoking, noise, odd looking veggie food, or skipped 'things' piling up.

Must be cheap & friendly house.

19. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

Any spaces in squats in the london/south east area at the moment? i'm easy to live with, clean and tidy, not adverse to working hard or getting my hands dirty...i can cook!:D

20. stuff_it

I can cook better than her, and I chop wood, and fetch it.

:p

Sarah84x likes this.
  21. Yu_Gi_Oh

Yu_Gi_Oh 天天好心情

:eek:
    I do think not!
    ;)
    I was in the scouts (although i am a girl) and got my knife axe and saw badge, that leaves me more than qualified to chop wood. thank-you very much.
    i have a winning smile and sparkling wit and humour too.
    :D

22. davey

davey New Member

Hello everyone!

I've got a lovely mate at work who is desperately looking for a room to share in a house, preferably in the Greenwich/Blackheath area as soon as possible.

She's a youngster of 21 from Cornwall trying to stay up in the big bad city. She doesn't smoke but smiles a lot and is toilet trained. Please PM me if you have any thing?

very many thanks. She's a little worried she might be forced back down the tin mines.

davey :)

23. deano

deano New Member

hi urbs,
    I'm looking for a new place to live, pref a houseful o' good people, a veggie party-minded household, not too young not too old. Normally live in Hackney and Camden but prob gonna take what I can afford wherever...Cheers

24. stuff_it

At this rate we should all just get out our A-Z's and crowbars and sort this out once and for all.

25. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

My two rooms (see above) are still going (unless stuff_it still wants the large one.)

Come on guys, I don't wanna have to advertise in Loot!

26. the B

the B Sorry

If people are looking to squat a place, I'll help them out, got a near complete spare set of tools leftover etc etc

27. Old Gergl

Old Gergl Mountains of the antelope women

If we don't get our shit sorted out soon I might take you up on that.

28. Blagsta

Blagsta Minimum cage, maximum cage

I might need a room at the begining of March. I'll let you know.

29. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

Trouble is, I can't hang on until March (unless I can find someone who wants the room for a short period).

I'm very chuffed to say that the smaller room has been taken by an urbanite who will be moving in next week!

The bigger room is STILL going - it's absolutely huge, it's even got a working fireplace with a gorgeous mantlepiece and I'm offering it at a knockdown rate cos I'd prefer an urbanite to take it (except pbman :D).

Trust me, if I advertised in Loot I could find someone in no time who would be happy to pay far more.

30. Kameron

Kameron Kamoceratops

I'm Looking

I'm looking for a Flat share in London I can go up to 90ppw at a pinch but would prefer 80ppw. Need a double bed, can't sleep in singles, and a decent shower, I'm flexable on everything else. Oh yes my dead line for this is 12th Feb but I could afford to start 1st of Feb

PM please