Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flash mobbing, is it stupid?

a14142135

Banned
Banned
I don’t quite understand this flash mobbing thing. I would be up for a pillow fight for sure, but the suggestion I have forwarded to me asking me to dance to my personal stereo in a London station tomorrow has me a bit baffled. I mean if everyone had the same music to dance to that might look a bit interesting. But as all the music is different and therefore the dancing is uncoordinated I am at a loss to understand what the point is. Anyone here know what the point is?

Anyone going?
:)

Lollybelle

recorderist
Course it's stupid but that doesn't mean it's not fun if you want to do it. I saw the flash mob disco thing in Waterloo and they looked like they were having a laugh, it cheered up my day.

Andy the Don

Wise men say only fools..
a14142135 said:
I don’t quite understand this flash mobbing thing. I would be up for a pillow fight for sure, but the suggestion I have forwarded to me asking me to dance to my personal stereo in a London station tomorrow has me a bit baffled. I mean if everyone had the same music to dance to that might look a bit interesting. But as all the music is different and therefore the dancing is uncoordinated I am at a loss to understand what the point is. Anyone here know what the point is?

Anyone going?
:)
Which station (please god not London Bridge), I'll avoid it like the plague..

JonnyT

anarcho-cynicalist
yes, it's stupid. but it's fun and makes life in corporate society a little more unpredictable. so yey.

- the Jon

Griff

Hardly posting anymore
a14142135 said:
... but the suggestion I have forwarded to me asking me to dance to my personal stereo in a London station tomorrow ..
To be honest that sounds fucking shite. :)

Unlike last summer's Circle Line party which was superb, with drinks, drugs and naked drummers dancing in Sloane Square. :D :cool:

Cloo

Surfeit of lampreys
I simultaneously like the idea, and yet understand the irritation at the pervading sense of smug 'wackiness' about it.

Loki

RIP
R.I.P.
JonnyT said:
yes, it's stupid. but it's fun and makes life in corporate society a little more unpredictable. so yey.

- the Jon
It was funny when it first came out, some of the flashmobs were quite witty. But it's yesterday's fad now. Not that I begrudge flashmobbers their fun.

winston smith

Registered Loser
I responded to a mass text telling me to go and dance like a goon in a squated pub all night on saturday.....had loads of fun , got pissed , it was great. :cool:

pilchardman

Dances With Penguins
God, are people still doing this? I thought it was, like, so over.

What a waste of energy. Still, at least they aren't using technology to co-ordinate people to plunder the rich or anything.