Flash I-Podding

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Minnie_the_Minx, Oct 28, 2004.

1. gsv

gsv liminally queer

Where? Up her shitter? :eek:
    Lucky cunt! :D

GS(v)

2. ernestolynch

ernestolynch Banned Banned

She's alive though.

3. milesy

milesy New Member

too hot for him.

4. MysteryGuest

MysteryGuest mahdollisesti

unlucky shitter.

5. Tank Girl

Tank Girl ........

gsv do you take it up the shitter?

6. Lollybelle

Lollybelle recorderist

I saw this lot at Waterloo yesterday and I was glad they were there for general entertainment seeing as how I had to wait an hour and a half for a train - they made me smile. By the time I was there it was the dedicated ones still hanging about, including some teeny blonde girl doing air guitar on her knees and stuff. :cool:

Harmless fun I reckon and nothing to get cooler-than-thou about, there were little kids joining in and even the oldies round and about were smiling (although not your posher-type commuters).

7. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

Sorry! Just mildly scared of random dancing sobre strangers.

8. gsv

gsv liminally queer

Wrong forum TG ;)

GS(v)

9. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Dancing around to a wearable music device - is there actually anything new in this? IME, folk have been doing this for years, without the need for any organisation.

10. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Ah, cheer up you miserable fucker :)

11. MysteryGuest

MysteryGuest mahdollisesti

I think there should be a Wrong Forum, definitely.

I'd enjoy taking things up there, for sure.

:cool:

12. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

so it's a bit naff but for fuck sake what a bunch of grumpy cunts some people are. if these people want to dance let them, it makes them happy, doesn't hurt anyone, and quite frankly get over yourselves.

13. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

So what's she gonna do when winter comes if she's dressed up like it's the middle of winter already?

14. jayeola

jayeola New Member

[spins on back and passes wave to pbman.....] :D

15. poet

poet Norman Borlaug > you

This thread is overflowing with pretentious wank. The Circle Line Party is all well and good, the early flashmobbing was oh-so-clever, but now that ordinary people are getting in on the act, it's silly? What a load of bollocks.

On one level it's just some people having a laugh, and who are we to begrudge that. On another, it's subversion of a space, an act of peaceful shock and awe. Hundreds of people have witnessed an extraordinary act. Maybe they haven't gone out and pledged to fight the revolution, but maybe some of them will start seeing the world a bit differently, decide to do something different of a saturday night or think a little bit more freely. That's a lot achieved for a few e-mails.

Viva the flashmob, in all its not-cool-anymore glory.

16. poet

poet Norman Borlaug > you

May I also add that things like this do have a very real social impact. We are all aware of the extremely heavy-handed police response to the Circle Line Party. We've all been affected by the CJA. Every action like this slowly breaks the strength of the CJA, turns more and more people on to the right to party and gives more and more strength to alternative lifestyles, unusual actions and the freeparty scene. Every flashmob blurs the line between the 'them' that the CJA was designed to discriminate against and everyone else.

Mainstream acceptance is rarely a bad thing, despite what some people here seem to think.

17. JWH

JWH Fnord Fiesta XR3i

Either you're all being naive or I'm being cynical BUT ... surely this is all just marketing bullshit organised by Apple's PR agency?

More generally, I am astonished at the number of threads here that are started by people who are either just C&Ping something from a press release or C&Ping something from a news story that's just C&P'd it from a press release. People should be more discriminating - think "is it PR?" before hitting the new thread button!

18. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

None of the people in the photos have iPods, and the article doesn't mention them using iPods. I don't know where this iPod thing has come from.

19. Velouria

Velouria Not as good looking as the avatar

Time for a new section of the criminal justice act eh?

:p