1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Sea swim of the year ?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by not-bono-ever, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Maggot

Maggot .

It was actually in May.

2. Maggot

Maggot .

Went swimming at Camber Sands yesterday, the weather was great, the beach was nearly empty and the water was warm. Most enjoyable.

not-bono-ever and Boudicca like this.
  3. I have failed miserably this year- we have not managed a UK swim at all yet- too much going on with school/ work etc. Snorkelled with turtles in Turkey a few weeks ago but that doesn't really count. thee water was TOO warm

4. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

I've only had two swims this year then I fell over at the beach and ended up with my wrist in plaster.

5. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Up to my tits in quilts

:(

6. souljacker

souljacker and this is fresh

We had a week in France and swam in the sea every day. It wasn't that warm, still needed to build myself up before diving in! We did go to Ile de Re for the day and the sea was quite warm there.

gentlegreen likes this.
  7. Sea Star

Sea Star Not a cis person

Haven't been in the sea for about 15 years which is fairly typical for people in my position.
    Ive been swimming in a pool a couple of times recently and my new costume hides a multitude of sins so I might risk it before the summer ends.
    Hopefully it won't start a riot!

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  8. souljacker

Just had my first of 2017 in playa formenta, Mallorca. Fuck me it was cold, but not as cold as the pool in our hotel!

Cornwall in 4 weeks where I'll be swimming and surfing for a week so I suspect I'll be yearning for the med when I'm there.

Bahnhof Strasse and Miss-Shelf like this.
  9. braindancer

braindancer not for long

First swim of the year in Seaford yesterday..... somewhat bracing!

10. souljacker

Just been in at Trebarwith Strand in Cornwall. It was lovely but couldn't cope with more than 20mins without a wetsuit. Should be getting some surf time at Polzeath this week which will be in a wetsuit so might be a bit more comfortable.

Maggot, Miss-Shelf and not-bono-ever like this.
  11. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

12. TikkiB

TikkiB Well-Known Member

That was brave of you - we were down in Sussex this weekend and wimped out of swimming at Cuckmere

13. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

Today. Greece. Salty.

souljacker likes this.
  14. braindancer

braindancer not for long

I swam at Seaford again yesterday! And this time managed to stay in for 20 minutes. Was lovely! (This followed a river swim at Barcombe Mills on Monday - lush lush lush)

Miss-Shelf and TikkiB like this.
  15. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

16. Hayling Island today, sea was warm. Not just tolerable, but the kind of warm that makes you happy to float around for an hour.

Tried to get to West Wittering, queues on A27 and approx. three hours from A27 to Wittering :eek:

Hayling Island had no queues :thumbs:

souljacker and Miss-Shelf like this.
  17. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Up to my tits in quilts

Hayling island is :thumbs:

Maggot and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  18. Kids went to Funland too :cool:

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  19. souljacker

If you're a strong swimmer, that doesn't look too bad. You're going to need a wetsuit for at least 9 months of the year though (unless of course, you are proper hardcore).

Looks nice, when are you moving?

20. a lovely swin at Joss bay today- first of the year- was surprisingly warm once i was up to my neck

Bahnhof Strasse and Miss-Shelf like this.
  21. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

3 years at least :(