Question Finding old emails

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by telbert, Apr 30, 2018.

1. telbert

telbert Do you like sponge?

How can I find an old email that's no longer visible in any of my folders? It was there a couple of weeks ago but now its gone.

2. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

What email system?

3. telbert

4. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Olly Murs is a cock

5. Crispy

What software do you use?

6. telbert

haven't got a clue.

7. Crispy

How do you access your email?

8. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

have you tried searching for it, or rearranging folders by name or subject instead of date?

9. telbert

Bear with me Crispy please. You must realize that you're dealing with an idiot. Now, I access my emails through the AOL icon on my laptop.

10. Crispy

Does that launch a web browser, with the AOL address in the address bar at the top?

Or does it launch something that looks like "proper" software with File Edit Tools menus and so on?

11. telbert

Tried all of that already Pickers. Not in Trash, deleted emails or old emails. I'm actually beginning to question whether it was really there in the first place. Its becoming incredibly frustrating .

Pickman's model likes this.
  12. telbert

I get the AOL "home page" with my screen name in the corner and AOL news in the middle of the page and my different folders on the left hand side.Also has the address at the top and no file edit tools menu.

13. Pickman's model

Is it the sort of email you could just ask someone to resend?

14. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

Have you tried the 'search mail' field about the mail folders?

15. Pickman's model

See my post 8

16. telbert

Its a pizza hut notification telling me my order is on its way from a couple of weeks ago. The same order that turned up 2 hours late and freezing fucking cold and went in the bin.Im trying to get my £34 refunded but they are saying unless I get the ref number from the email I haven't got a chance.:mad::(

17. Crispy

Hmm. Search doesn't find it?

18. Pickman's model

is it the local shop saying this or have you complained to higher authority?

and have you ever actually seen this email?

19. Pickman's model

20. telbert

No .Ive searched by date,sender, and a dozen or so words that I know were in the email. Could this be a well used but little known ploy by Pizza Hut to make their emails "disappear" after a certain time, thus making me look like a fool?:hmm::facepalm:

21. telbert

Cunts at the shop wouldn't even anwer the fucking phone . I went to the pizza hut site and have filed a complaint. They took over a week to answer me and then another week to acknowledge my second message asking why the haven't answered the first one. Now they want this fucking order/ref number as well as all the other info ive gave them (delivery address, my email address , time of order, amount paid,my phone number that I placed the order on etc.

Pickman's model likes this.
  22. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I ordered from pizza Hut a few weeks ago. The confirmation came from orders @ pizza Hut dot io email address.

telbert likes this.