Final Coach Trips of the Season (Chippenham / WSM)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

The Supporters’ Trust are hoping to run coaches to two of the three remaining away fixtures, starting with Chippenham next Saturday (6 April).

This coach will leave Champion Hill at 10:45 and will cost £18 adults and £12 concessions. Currently, return train tickets are around £40 / 50 for adults, so we expect this coach to sell out very quickly… so please book early.

You can purchase your place on this coach from the shop at this Saturday’s home fixture, or by emailing the Trust info@dhst.org.uk

We would ask supporters’ to use only these two methods of securing your place, we cannot guarantee that we see your post and you may lose out on a place.

The final coach of the season, to Weston-super-Mare, will leave at 10am, with adult tickets £22 and concessions £17.

Please note: with both coaches, we will require advance bookings of over 50% capacity before we can confirm

Attached Files:

Lyham and dcdulwich like this.
  2. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

When will you confirm if the Chips coach is running or not ?

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Confirmed.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Well yes, but it wasn’t on here...

5. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Was it supposed to be?

In future I demand that all club and trust business be confirmed on the unofficial club forum.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  6. Dulwich Mishi

Well, yes it should be... if they are using this forum to advertise & publicise their service then surely they should keep people informed as to whether a coach is confirmed. Especially as they posted ON THIS FORUM that it was to be confirmed.
    I don’t think that’s too unreasonable... But hey, enjoy your fishing, just as you will continue to break the law on their coaches by drinking your rum...

Nivag likes this.
  7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

That law is shit but enjoy your Tory legislation.

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

And it expressly says don’t book via the forum. But hey. Some people love to criticise.

9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Given that the coach was announced on here in a specific thread, with a proviso that it wasn't confirmed until 50% of the seats had been booked, I'd suggest it would make sense to confirm it on here as soon as possible.

It's hardly an incentive to book on the coach when it might be cancelled at 5 days notice. Frankly if people can't be sure coaches will run (when the fixture has been in the calendar since July) it's probably a safer bet to book cheap train tickets before they sell out, otherwise you risk having to miss the game because you can't afford the walk up train fare.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Who is to say the trust wouldn’t have confirmed it on this thread later tonight? It was after all only confirmed a day ago on twitter.

But of course Mishi had to complain about the way the trust do something as usual.

Since he is the main reason people don’t take the coach, maybe if he announced his plans earlier they would be able to confirm the coach quicker.

11. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Ouch

12. Dulwich Mishi

It doesn’t affect me as I don’t drink, to be honest I have no idea which part brought it in, nor do I care. Before I stopped drinking almost seventeen years ago I ignored it then & I ignored it whenever I helped Bill or Shaun run coaches in the past. Nice attempt at fishing...

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I don't do Twitter myself, but if it was confirmed on there yesterday surely it wouldn't have taken more than a few seconds to do so on here at the same time?

Leaving people in limbo when the match is only 5 days away isn't much of an incentive to trust or rely on the coach service on a regular basis. I'm trying to be constructive here. The impression given is that the coach service is barely viable, may be cancelled at less than a week's notice for any given match, therefore there's a greater incentive to make alternative arrangements.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  14. Dulwich Mishi

And some people like to shit stir. Who was mentioning booking on here. Someone was asking for something to be confirmed on here that was advertised on here. Quite frankly is someone confirmed on Twitter they should be able to take another two minutes communicating & confirm on here...

15. Dulwich Mishi

Well if I am the main reason that’s news to me... sticks & stones & all that... if there is even an inkling of truth in what you say then let’s people have the bollocks to say it to my face or post on here to say so. Funnily enough I didn’t take the coach to Eastbourne Borough in the Cup, nor the two games at Torquay & I didn’t see a sudden rush of ‘returnees’ for those. For the record, if people wish to cancel I will be on the coach to both Chippenham Town & Weston Super mare.

16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I concede :)

17. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Trust will be running coach to Chippenham.... clearly I should have not allowed my life to take over which In turn didn’t give me time to confirm until now. Email info@dhst.org.uk to book your place

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  18. mick mccartney

mick mccartney Well-Known Member

Wow . I only asked .

the 12th man likes this.
  19. Scottfield

Scottfield Active Member

Did you post on the forum that you'd not be taking those coaches? It's possible folks assumed you would be on them if you hadn't recorded your intensions?

20. Dulwich Mishi

Shit! Could’ve sworn it was in SATURDAY!

21. Dulwich Mishi

Ah, I’m sure that would’ve made all the difference...

Scottfield likes this.
  22. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

This is liquid Urban!

crocustim, chris gil and Pink Panther like this.
  23. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Is there a coach running? If so any spaces? Asking for a friend.

pettyboy likes this.
  24. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. Please ask your friend to email info@dhst.org.uk and they’ll receive a prompt response.
    If they could also provide contact details including, ideally, a mobile number, that would be good (we always have the odd straggler on the day and so far haven’t left anyone behind as we’ve been able to ring them).
    Coach departs Champion Hill 10.45 am - £18 full fare, £12 concs.

pompeydunc and takkforalt like this.
  25. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that our final supporters coach of the season will depart from Champion Hill Stadium at 10am tomorrow for Weston-Super-Mare.
    There are a handful of seats left at £22 full fare, £17 concs.
    Please email info@dhst.org.uk if you’re interested - we can’t guarantee that we’ll see requests posted in other places. First come first served on reservations.

26. Dulwich Mishi

Dunno what happened but apparently one of our fans was left behind by the DHST Supporters coach & was given s lift by the Walton Casuals bus coming back from Merthyr, which had stopped at the same place... as seen on Twitter!