Field Day/Mighty Hoopla festivals, Brockwell Park 2018/2019 - news and discussion

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by Reiabuzz, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Rushy

Rushy AKA some / certain posters

My guess is that they will turn it into a multi day affair with a smaller footprint.

2. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

still not going to break even. they couldn't fill the Field Day site for even 1 day.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It felt like they didn't really need all that space and that the festival could have perhaps worked in a smaller site, which may work better for everyone.

4. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

they didn't even have all that space, the entire barn / Four tet crush area was closed off for MH, that area held thousands. still think shrinking it down further for a small target audience won't be profitable with Lambeth's new hardon for superfences and all the rest of it.

editor likes this.
  5. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Not surprised its decided that its not going to work out after 1 year, the fact there was no music on the huge outdoor main stage after about 8pm was ludicrous, no wonder the tents were dangerously busy.

editor likes this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Saturday was horrible. I felt genuinely scared in the crush by the barn.

7. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Just emailed:

A NEW FIELD DAY IS COMING

The news is out, Field Day is moving to a new location, and do we have something very exciting to share with you soon... Register now for more info and exclusive access to
    2019 Early Bird tickets.

8. Rushy

Apparently it's north, not a park, never been used for a festival before and the closest residence is over 1km from the nearest stage.

9. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Standon Calling site?

10. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

well that would obviously have already been used for a festival before.

11. snowy_again

snowy_again Slush

Sorry. tired and not reading well enough...

12. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

A review of the Event Strategy has now appeared in the Lambeth Fwd Plan.

Fancy that.

13. Rushy

I've heard that, apparently due to a simple oversight, this only looks at Major Events. Events of up to 20K, numbers of which are unlimited, are not being reviewed. For context, Global's festivals failed to hit 20k on at least one of its days and Hoopla will be applying for under 20 on two of its days.

Tricky Skills likes this.