Field Day is moving to four huge warehouses in Enfield

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Nov 20, 2018.

1. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Doesn't this look attractive for a summer festival?

[​IMG]

Field Day is moving to four huge warehouses in Enfield

2. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

I'd take better sound over a park any day. Parks aren't that great for festivals, better left to the locals to enjoy in peace.

Whether the people of Enfield want a music festival on their doorstep is a question worth asking though.

salem likes this.
  3. editor

It's not a festival if it's in a warehouse. It's an indoor gig.

William of Walworth likes this.
  4. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

I seem to remember a New Year's party in one of those warehouses c.1998 that was pretty good.

crossthebreeze and May Kasahara like this.
  5. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

its also not a festival if you get kicked out as soon as it gets dark tbf

6. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Councils using a festival to kick off regeneration worked out so well for bloc....... Field day are literally handing their future to a council, and councils aren't normally the most competent organisations.

7. editor

That's true as well.

8. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Could be good. I hate crowds though :D

9. editor

And they'll be packing 'em in!

10. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I'm sure no one will die of dehydration.

SpookyFrank and Badgers like this.
  11. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

Is this a dance music thing? If so I'm entitely in favour of factory farming the punters if it keeps them out the way of adult society.

12. salem

salem Well-Known Member

Yeah that was my first thought, those warehouse units can be fucking dreadful for ventilation. I've also been to parties in similar buildings to the one photoed and they rattle like fuck too.

However if these were run like big tents with bigger acts there in the evening and during the day there was more outside stuff it could work quite well.

13. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

That concrete is tough on the knees.

crossthebreeze and Dr. Furface like this.
  14. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I was thinking the pics do kind of remind me of a nazi war camp, and the mention of it being a former gasworks just heightened that. This doesn't bode well.

15. lefteri

lefteri Well-Known Member

I imagine if it's in four warehouses there'll be a good deal of outside space where the car parks etc were - if the organisers make good use of the outside space it might not be bad. Grow Tottenham & the Cause are in warehouses (actually former vehicle repair garages) in an industrial estate and made good use of the outdoor space this summer, particularly Grow as it is both a venue and a community garden where people grow plants and fruit & veg

pinkmonkey likes this.
  16. wiskey

wiskey Albatross Admirer

Oh the joyful rain of other people's sweat

17. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

raving in warehouses will never take off.

Nivag, ddraig, BassJunkie and 8 others like this.
  18. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

The kids will have such fun climbing up all that steelwork and grooving on those overhead cranes

Badgers likes this.
  19. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

if those cranes aren't covered in lights and pyro and travelling up and down the length of the building the promoters have failed.

20. May Kasahara

May Kasahara pleasantly caving in

Pretty sure I was at that party :D :thumbs:

21. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

Theres a huge outdoor space there, really big actual field, infact I stumbled accross a multi rigger in that field there (and a few Urbanites) when walking the dog once in a heatwave at 5am. Both warehouses and outside space are massive. Its a better place for it than a park as there arent any houses in that area.

toblerone3 and salem like this.
  22. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I won't be going, and especially not to an in-a-warehouse "fest" in that London ;) ...
    But here's the relevant link for the (misleadingly named ;) ) Field Day Festival 2019

Dates stated on the above site are "7 - 8 June".
    But in 2019, that's Friday and Saturday. Correct or no?? :hmm:
    (My search was specifically under "Field Day Festival 2019" too .... )

Badgers and pinkmonkey like this.
  23. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

I'm not at all tempted by this - and I went to two Field Days in Victoria Park and really enjoyed them - but I do think this is the perfect move for their crowd. Right side of the city for them, they'll like the derelict warehouse setting, I can see it working really well. Moving to Brixton never felt right. As I say, it's not for me, but fair play to them.

Badgers likes this.
  24. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

Makes sense to me. This is essentially a big clubbing event rather than a traditional festival so of course you'd hold it on the two biggest clubbing nights of the week - Friday and Saturday.

William of Walworth and Badgers like this.
  25. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

clandestino : I get that and I agree, I just wanted to make sure they had their actual dates correct though ...:hmm:

You'll know how date-disorganised some event types can be :p ;)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    clandestino likes this.
  26. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

It turns out its gonna be a fully fledged venue, Ive walked past it a few times this week and can see the outdoor space taking shape. Not so keen on Field Day but gonna see who books it next. Home - The Drumsheds