February Photo Competition: Portraits

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Robster970, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Barking_Mad

Barking_Mad Non sibi sed omnibus

[​IMG]

this is not a late entry btw. :D

2. GarfieldLeChat

GarfieldLeChat fucking awesome but wrong

erm

3. Barking_Mad

he's a stickler is that cat. :)

4. GarfieldLeChat

harsh innit... :)

i'm only going by the roolulz...

5. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

1st: Every line a chapter in my tale. - lost
    2nd: entry2 - snadge
    3rd: Meike - wordie

6. hiccup

hiccup King of the Vagabonds

I usually just save the files as "poster - imagetitle.jpg" then upload them so as to save myself the bother of typing stuff out multiple times...

Bagsy not counting the votes this month. So many!

7. Sweet FA

Sweet FA ✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪

1. entry2 - snadge
    2. grr - cybertect
    3. you lookin at me? - big eejit

Loads more excellent pictures though, particularly all 3 of wordie's, school days, blagsta - untitled, the moody green man, alien queen does disco, my sentient girl, my father, carnival fair, mon frere, after clint eastwood ah fuck it...there's loads of them...

I ended up choosing the 3 I did because they all said something to me beyond how good they are technically. entry2 makes me want to find out what the story is, grr makes me laugh and want to go for a beer with the subject and you lookin at me? makes me laugh and freaks me out in equal measure - I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her like...:D

8. besgreyling

besgreyling New Member

1. My Sentient Girl (firky)
    2. Meike (wordie)
    3. 2177235201-4043380cdd (arch)

9. Pavlik

Pavlik is no more

I've been putting off voting because I've had a fever and a banging headache all weekend and I just had a look and still can't get my head round it.
    They all look really good. Its much harder than voting for pics of buildings or shapes isnt it.
    Anyway, well done all and thanks for all the votes I got.
    I didnt think I'd get any at all when I saw all the great pictures being entered.

10. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

well unless there's a sudden rush of unexpected votes, i think that there's a clear winner this month. any guesses anyone?

11. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

School Days.

12. GarfieldLeChat

i have soo much to learn thanks for everyones votes too :) very kind it's been a good comp

13. Paulie Tandoori

Yep, certainly looks like School days by Barking Mad got the most votes from my calculations, followed by My father by cybertect, Entry 2 by snadge, Alien Queen goes disco by Garf, and Self portrait with a common cold by chooch.

So congratulations are in order to Barking Mad. Well done that man!!! :) Lovely shot and well deserved winner.

[​IMG]

(I totted up the scores on the basis that unnumbered entries followed the format:

****=3pts
    ****=2pts
    ****=1pt

that's because most of the numbered entries were entered like that, i.e. from 1 down to 3)

14. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

I didn't know that it was tiered like that. I just thought it was one point per vote. Doh! It would have taken me ages if I had to put them in order of preference :D

Teach me to read the rules at the start I guess!

15. Paulie Tandoori

Doh! :D Just so's you know like:

16. Kanda

Kanda Diving wanker

I had noticed, just a bit later ;)

17. hiccup

Congratulations Barking MAd, great photo :)

18. Barking_Mad

Thanks to all who voted for my photo! Lots of great photos in there.

Somebody (way back on this thread) asked where the photo was taken. Well it was taken in Kanchipuram, India, in a narrow tunnel entrance to a temple. The young lad was leaning against the wall and I thought straight away that it would make a good photo. Unfortunately, due to the tunnel being so busy, so narrow and there being people behind me sat on the floor, I didnt have time or space to bend down and frame the shot. So I held the camera down by my waist, guessed the framing and hoped the focus would be ok, and took the photo.

Turned out to be one of my favourites, which goes to show that sometimes skill has nothing to do with photography :) Although to be fair I do take a lot that way and I had got reasonably good at it.

I will try and get a new subject up for March by 2pm today!

19. Pavlik

Pavlik is no more

Nice one Barking Mad ;)
    From the hip eh? :cool:

20. lighterthief

lighterthief Well-Known Member

Mr Robster970, will we be getting a full run down of the results?

21. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

Congratulations Barking_Mad! :):)

And many thanks to Garf for the thumbnails, it was really good to be able to find those so easily, all updated.

And to Paulie for the adding up!

I thought it was a brilliant comp this month, so many fantastic shots.

22. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

23. cybertect

cybertect It's grim up north (London)

Congrats Barking :)

No, that is skill ;)

Damn! Second place again :hmm:

24. Crispy

Crispy The following psytrance is baṉned: All

You need to enter fewer photos :)

25. Barking_Mad

aye, well done to Garf for such a sterling job with the thumbs!

26. hiccup

Cheers to glc for the thumbnails. Am happy to do it again this month, but all help appreciated etc...

27. Paulie Tandoori

I have a list on lappie at home, there were loads of photo's that were picked by people, far too many to list imo. I was almost cross-eyed after more than an hour of counting up the votes (of which there were also loads).

Shows what a good selection of entries there were this month, that so many people had so many favorites.

28. GarfieldLeChat

do ti on an alternate basis if you want....

29. hiccup

Cool cool :)

30. selamlar

selamlar is aware of the irony.

I got TWO points! Thats the most points I have ever got (in fact the only points I have ever got!) so on the basis of that I am now going to jack in my career and start up again as an artist. <smug>

Nicely done Barking, thanks to Garf for caps.