Fargo (TV series)

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by T & P, Apr 7, 2014.

1. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I just saw an ad for this, which I didn't have a clue was being made, on Channel 4. Starts later this month. With Billy Bob Thornton.

Excited as a paedo in a playground about this. I hope it's good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/

2. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 unknown member

Not even if they were doing another series of Deadwood should that sinister line be used.
    Fuck right off with that.

3. Cid

Cid 慢慢走

I LOLed.

jeff_leigh likes this.
  4. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I suggest you grow a thicker skin; that kind of expression and humour is pretty run of the mill round these parts.

5. Anonymous1

I'm not offended by your turn of phrase, i just think you're a cock for using it.
    Where's these parts?
    The fucking books and telly section of the forum?

Carry on with your peado humour then, it's run of the mill after all.
    A rose cunt is a rose cunt by any other name.

Ground Elder, telbert, Greebo and 2 others like this.
  6. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

From the ads I think this looks blimmin' good.

And it will be fun to hear Martin Freeman doing the Fargo accent.

7. weepiper

weepiper Jock under the bed

It's a horrible thing to say. Other analogies are available.

boohoo, DaleyMale, yardbird and 6 others like this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

no self respecting peed would be caught dead in a playground anyway, thats bait etc

also Fargo wasn't that good. There, I said it. It wasn't.

9. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Martin Freeman in the William H Macy role, hmmm.

April 20th, will see how it goes.

10. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

'As excited as a serial child abuser who's about to rape some children' doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it?

Greebo likes this.
  11. Greebo

Greebo 'scuse me, Mrs May, can I have my country back? R.I.P.

I don't see how they're going to do it without cutting bits of the film eg. trying to feed the body into the woodchipper.

12. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Not interested in engaging in a philosophical discussion about the rights and wrongs of humour and what subjects ought to be considered taboo- been done to death on the General forum and elsewhere. Let's just say we're going to agree to disagree on this. But I wonder if you would would be as outraged if you heard Jimmy Carr tell one of his favourite jokes on TV ('Say what you will about paedophiles, but they always slow down when driving past a school'), or by the thousands of Pedobear cartoons and jokes that have been posted over the years on the I'm on ur Boardz thread and elsewhere on these boards. So yes, depending on context I would argue that paedo jokes are pretty much run of the mill.

13. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

So, instead of taking a successful TV series and making it into a crappy, opportunistic film, they're going to do it the other way round? :(

I thought 'Fargo' (the film) was brilliant and innovative in a totally low-key and subtle way. It was a new and different thing. I like new and different things.

5t3IIa and Fez909 like this.
  14. Anonymous1

Haha, almost had me 'til you got to Jimmy :D. Seriously?

I'm not after a bunfight but i'll fucking decide what i'm party to agreeing to disagree on, it won't be fed to me.
    Like i said, carry on regardless. I was just pointing out the vile phrase was unnecessary, especially in the context of a tv show thread as opposed to the hilarious joke thread for the peado craic. What you decide after that is for you and you alone.

More importantly i see I've not missed much in the 'I'm on ur boardz' clearly, thank fuck for that.

Sigmund Fraud likes this.
  15. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

I don't think it's particularly related to the film at all, is it?
    Aside from being set in that world. None of the same characters or anything.

I fucking loved the film, but also loved the snowyness and weirdness of the locations. Brilliant place to set a TV show if you ask me.

16. RedDragon

RedDragon "I am not one of your fans!"

The Dusk to Dawn series is so drawn-out it's almost unwatchable, I hope Fargo doesn't take the same route, although having Bilbo in it may offer some distraction.

spoiler alert: paedos in the woodchopper.

17. RedDragon

Episode one was brilliant, I think it's scheduled for Sunday in UK.

18. N_igma

N_igma Epistemic nuisance

I don't get the premise. There is absolutely nothing about the film that makes me think 'fuck wouldn't it be great if they had a TV show about this' pretty open and close plot.

But I am slightly intrigued. If it's anywhere near as good as the film I'll be hooked.

19. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Can't wait for this.

20. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

I missed this thread, and I'm a week late, but I just wanted to post this.
    [​IMG]

Onket likes this.
  21. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Looking forward to this, it contains some big nods to the film apparently. I'm going to rewatch the film in prep :)

No spoilers until after it is aired in the UK please :cool:

22. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

There wasn't for me either. But now I've heard of it, it's like one of those things you never knew you needed until you heard of it.

Who is directing it, what else have they done? Because Fargo (the film) was a triumph of great directing. If this is any good it'll have to be the same thing.

23. RedDragon

I can't be the only person who's seen episode one?

As agreed no spoilers, but it died exceed my expectations.

SpookyFrank and T & P like this.
  24. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Apparently the coen's have seen it and approve. There was an article in Saturdays guardian which made it sound worth watching.

25. Ranu

Ranu Poster of the Weak

The Coens are exec producing it.

I watched it last night and similar to RedDragon was pleasantly surprised, it really is rather good. The acting is spot on, it matches the feel of the movie whilst not kowtowing too much to it and the casting is very good - Thornton was excellent, and even Bilbo's accent holds up for the most part. I will certainly be watching episode 2.

RedDragon likes this.
  26. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

I think the correct expression is "sweating like a paedophile in a playground"

Probably wouldn't suit this post though

27. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

watched it yesterday, thought the cast and acting are superb, although it did seem like ages to get through the episode. Il be watching it all. I heard its a self contained 10 episode series so I think / hope its going to work.

28. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Enjoying this so far, but the constant advert breaks are giving me the raging hump. Will be recording this and starting it 20 mins after it starts and forwarding the advert breaks in future.

Its on for 90 mins, but can't be more than 60 mins of actual programme

Onket and Geoffrey like this.
  29. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

That's exactly what I just said to my husband.

30. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Brilliant.

I watched the film earlier in prep. Loads of scenes from the film have been used. It's like watching a remix :cool: