1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAO: loiners. Where was club uropa?

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by mrs quoad, Dec 13, 2017.

1. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Elephants think I’m cute #brap

We used to park up behind the sex shop, then walk down for hard house nights.

I suspect it’s one of these:

2451157E-9607-40A0-BB3C-03EC634F83B7.jpeg 90EB5BE1-A6A1-4056-AF91-45F3D4A70C8B.jpeg

But can’t rule out Thornton’s arcade?!

2. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

Iirc it was near the Grand Arcade at the top of Briggate (was called “Mr Craig’s” in the 80s/early 90s - good for cheesy student nights ). Would occasionally make headlines:

Student died after taking ecstasy drug

3. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

this is correct.

4. mrs quoad

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 09.12.48.png

?

Kaka Tim likes this.
  5. mrs quoad

Or

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 09.14.59.png

?
    I have a feeling that might've been a Sundissential North (possibly after Love Parade?!)

There were sth like 3 Sundissential-related deaths in a year or two, including one up North.

6. mrs quoad

?

This does not look anything like my recollections.

Not that that means anything at all #lol

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 09.18.20.png

7. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

FFA63A76-A430-4DA7-AEB7-A2A288D86164.jpeg

There it is :)

8. mrs quoad

That looks completely right. Which leaves me wondering why I've failed to place it when back in Leeds. (Tbf, I seem to now remember getting it right some years back - but the memory has subsequently dwindled, and I think I began confusing it with Thornton's Arcade / the Victoria Quarter).

And the behind-the-sex-shop car park is obvs still there, but far tidier than it used to be #lol

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.11.10.png Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.08.45.png

Edit: I feel as if I remember people coming towards Uropa from an Arcade. Which, I think, has led me to associate it with the buildings between Thorntons and the VQ. But, tbf, I probably do remember that - but it was probably just that they were utterly mashed up, and we were all lost around that area, and / or walking up and down Leeds arcades somewhat mashed.

Edit: oh, god. Are those windows the upstairs gallery?! Way way upstairs?! If so, I can almost smell the poppers, just from the facking sight of it.

9. mrs quoad

Taken over by fucking Gatecrasher?!?!

How the fuck long did THAT last?!?!

10. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

that gatecrasher was awful. I went once and never went back.
    bottles of smirnoff ice and fighting.

mrs quoad likes this.