Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

elbows

WoeTimer
Hmm, that wasn't so useful (to me). Was gonna PM the people who haven't joined yet, but I can't spot anyone I recognise who isn't already in.

Maybe we only have 10 players on here :hmm:
Well there is one who I think leaps to mind unless I made a mistake, I dont think Lazy Llama is in the H2H yet?

S☼I

hero of the quiet afternoon
I'm not arsed about the H2H tbh

Will be keeping my eye on Sheff Utd's overlapping centreback formation and also Norwich's Teemu Pukki who might get turn out to be a bargain striker

SpackleFrog

Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts
I'm pissed off West Ham have signed a striker. I was all set for them to have to play Chicharito every game at £6m.

S☼I

hero of the quiet afternoon
Also, they still have Arnautovic and no Haller. So I can't do anything. I'll give them a few more days. Imagine having a team without the best striker in the league?
Arnautovic has gone to Shanghai, hasn't he?

elbows

WoeTimer
Arnautovic has gone to Shanghai, hasn't he?
Yes. They cant fully remove players from the game at this stage in case some people already have them in their team, but instead they use the injury/availability system to stick a big red exclamation next to the player. They have already done so with Trippier for example. I assume some tedious formality is why they havent done that to Arnautovic yet.

elbows

WoeTimer
What interesting possible transfer action have I missed off the following list of things I think some people are waiting/hoping for in fantasy?

Seeing which young Chelsea players get added to the main squad.
Maguire to a Manchester team, leading to Dunk moving to Leicester.
Zaha to Arsenal.
Pogba leaving.
Lukaku leaving.
Sane leaving.

Is the Diego Costa to Everton rumour still alive?
I know there were some Wilson & Fraser rumours (to Arsenal?) a while back but I dont think I've heard much about those for weeks?

Fez909

toilet expert
What interesting possible transfer action have I missed off the following list of things I think some people are waiting/hoping for in fantasy?

Zaha to Arsenal.
Pogba leaving.
Lukaku leaving.
Sane leaving.

I know there were some Wilson & Fraser rumours (to Arsenal?) a while back but I dont think I've heard much about those for weeks?
Mbappe to Newcastle?

:D:facepalm::D

elbows

WoeTimer
Even if I was happy with my team already and had stopped fiddling with it, which I havent, I reckon there is a fair chance of something happening in the Community Shield game that causes some people to have a rethink to one extent or another. Bah, I think I started thinking about this season a few weeks too soon, I am raring to go and pre-season games and transfers so far have not sufficiently entertained me.

Fez909

toilet expert
Four places left now...anyone else?

I could just share the code here for shy lurkers, but the only options now are 16 teams or unlimited...we want 20, ideally, so if I share the code and 5 join then the numbers aren't right...

Why the fuck did they make this annoying change :mad:

big eejit

She looks like Alan Gilzean

Zaha to Arsenal.
Pogba leaving.
Lukaku leaving.
Sane leaving.

I'm hoping Zaha to Everton. Everton have good opening fixtures but no clear goalscorer. Siggy and Richarlison not consistent and both 8 to Zaha's 7.

SpackleFrog

I'm hoping Zaha to Everton. Everton have good opening fixtures but no clear goalscorer. Siggy and Richarlison not consistent and both 8 to Zaha's 7.
I thought that was interesting but Siggy is on pens still and takes a lot of free kicks. Zaha would be a better option if he stays at Palace really.

Will totally take a punt on Cenk Tosun at Palace if that goes through though.

elbows

WoeTimer
Yeah, a lot of the pre-season fantasy articles have been wanking over Evertons fixtures list. Digne gets mentioned in nearly every article about defenders. I've not been at all impressed by their pre-season matches so far though.

elbows

WoeTimer
Four places left now...anyone else?

I could just share the code here for shy lurkers, but the only options now are 16 teams or unlimited...we want 20, ideally, so if I share the code and 5 join then the numbers aren't right...

Why the fuck did they make this annoying change :mad:
Lets give it this coming week yet before considering sharing the code publicly?

elbows

WoeTimer
Just to overthink the H2H numbers thing:

You could rely on your timing, and manage to press the 'close league to new entries' box on the league admin page at the right moment.

You could publish the code but with the warning that if someone manages to sneak in past the 20 total, they will be removed (there are league suspension facilities on the admin page). But then you'll need to know what order they joined in.

Or four of us who are already in could try and find one person we know each from somewhere else who is up for joining. Or something like that.

What happened to the random(s) who had contacted you by PM in the past? Can we use them to make up the numbers if nobody else comes along?

big eejit

She looks like Alan Gilzean
I thought that was interesting but Siggy is on pens still and takes a lot of free kicks. Zaha would be a better option if he stays at Palace really.

Will totally take a punt on Cenk Tosun at Palace if that goes through though.
Zaha is second highest owned mid after Salah. I suspect most of those buying him are doing so in the hope that he will move. Of course with VAR he could spend half the season banned for diving.

Fez909

toilet expert
You could rely on your timing, and manage to press the 'close league to new entries' box on the league admin page at the right moment.

You could publish the code but with the warning that if someone manages to sneak in past the 20 total, they will be removed (there are league suspension facilities on the admin page). But then you'll need to know what order they joined in.
I did consider both of these. Could do I suppose....
What happened to the random(s) who had contacted you by PM in the past? Can we use them to make up the numbers if nobody else comes along?
I said it was for forum members but if there's still space I'll let him know nearer the time.

SpackleFrog

Zaha is second highest owned mid after Salah. I suspect most of those buying him are doing so in the hope that he will move. Of course with VAR he could spend half the season banned for diving.
He really doesn't dive as much as some people say IMO. Sometimes players deserve the rep they get for diving but not him.

elbows

WoeTimer
I could do with a handy list of current prem players that do deserve the rep, so I can avoid the worst ravages of VAR this season.

Fez909

toilet expert
I could do with a handy list of current prem players that do deserve the rep, so I can avoid the worst ravages of VAR this season.
Aboubakar Kamara

Alexandre Lacazette

Ashley Barnes

Chris Löwe

Danny Rose

Granit Xhaka

Harry Kane

Idrissa Gueye

Ilkay Gündogan

James Maddison

James McArthur

Laurent Depoitre

Lucas Moura

Matteo Guendouzi

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

Shkodran Mustafi

Heung-Min Son

Willian

elbows

WoeTimer
I got quite nostalgic for the days of Diego Costa in the fantasy football, when I saw that in a friendly against Real Madrid the other day he scored 4 times and got sent off.

That wasnt my attitude when he was actually in my team. The endless red card risk jabbing at my brain lol. If he returned then I'd probably have nightmares about him headbutting the pitch-side VAR screen!

elbows

WoeTimer
Aboubakar Kamara....
Cheers for the list. It makes me realise how little I've ever watched many of those players. Plus, in the years that I've actually tried to watch some football games properly on telly since getting into this fantasy game, there are still many aspects where I think I do not understand what I am watching. I can spot shifts in momentum and that sense that a goal is coming. I can appreciate some cool moves. But a lot of things just go over my head or I dont pick up on properly at all, even with replays. I guess I can probably spot the most blatant dives and the most obvious of fouls, but there is a big grey mess in between these extremes that I cannot often decipher, its a good thing I'm not in the VAR control room!

Is Vardy a bit like Zaha, in that many of the times they go down are not dodgy dives, but genuine as a result of deperate moves from opposition players who have been beaten by their pace and ability?