Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

big eejit

She looks like Alan Gilzean
Played my wildcard this week. Probably should have saved it but got a bit annoyed with a few of my players.

elbows

WoeTimer
I've had enough of players such as Lundstram, Williams, Ryan, Grealish and Calvert-Lewin, so now I have reached for my wildcard. I would have liked to save it a bit longer, but never mind.

SpackleFrog

Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts
Switched my captain from Salah to Vardy about a minute before the deadline. Then tried to switch it back, seconds too late.

Result was predictable from there really.

Especially when I nearly got Son back but went for Mahrez instead.

SpackleFrog

In first half of the season I kept picking players at good times/prices that did well, like Grealish, Soyuncu, Vardy, De Bruyne, Henderson etc. Now I can't see any obvious options. :confused: Need to do something have lost 3 H2H's on the trot!

elbows

WoeTimer
In first half of the season I kept picking players at good times/prices that did well, like Grealish, Soyuncu, Vardy, De Bruyne, Henderson etc. Now I can't see any obvious options. :confused: Need to do something have lost 3 H2H's on the trot!
Ita one of those awkward moments, the picture could look completely different again in a few weeks.

You already mentioned one option, Son. I would also suggest Barnes of Leicester. Such are the limited number of players thrilling us right now that I'd even be tempted to say Liverpools Henderson, except so many have no spare Liverpool slots.

There are a bunch of options but the reasons why they are not obvious are because they are options we are used to completely ignoring, or they have a hideous run of fixtures, or their team is losing so much it affects our impression of them. Several West Ham players fall into this category right now, eg Snodgrass. And then there are new signings or players returning from injury and they havent quite sparked into life yet, even if they are showing potential.

My wildcard decisions so far have taken a few punts in the above area, while trying to get my defence into a shape that I hopefully dont need to mess with often for the rest of the season. Which teams are blanking in gameweek 28 has also affected some of my decisions. As well as looking at what prices I've ended up with in which slots, and making sure I have alternative options for the same sort of price in mind once some of my choices are shown to be poor. For example I might take a chance on Richarlison at £8.1, with the idea that Fernandes or Bergwijn could end up in that slot later if they continue to show promise. Or any one of the umpteen £6.x and £7.x options that we've relied on earlier in the season that arent so hot at the moment, if any of them find form again.

But yeah, its not the best time to be getting excited about options. A few knocks or injuries of unknown severity this weekend hardly helped, and there are so many teams with major deficiencies this season that it only takes Man City to have a bad week for the overall picture to look a bit bleak. If there was an obvious Southampton midfielder with regular points hauls it would help. Or if Everton could stop spreading their points around so much, etc etc.

I hope there is a productive Ighalo phase in this season!

big eejit

So the cancelled man City game has been rearranged and will be part of this elongated gameweek after all.

elbows

WoeTimer
Now the threat from all those who captained Salah is past, I can still dream of having a great week until Wednesday when my captain Aguero plays (or sits on the bench).

meh

although i had been thinking about getting son in my team after this week. glad i decided to see what happened later this week first...

big eejit

meh

although i had been thinking about getting son in my team after this week. glad i decided to see what happened later this week first...
Yep, always best to wait if you can. It's been a long gameweek though. I suspect a lot of people got itchy fingers and brought Son in after his goal.

elbows

WoeTimer
So far 68,531 people bought him and 93,444 sold him!

I got him with my wildcard before this gameweek started, so at least he got me 13 points in this tedious gameweek. And that will psychologically help 'pay the points' towards any extra transfer I might have to do beyond the free one to get rid of him now. Even better if my captain Aguero does something tomorrow, then I might really feel like I can splash out on transfers.

elbows

WoeTimer
unless you want to offload someone whose price is falling and get someone in whose price is rising...

(although that can bite you in the tail if they get an injury)
I end up having to do that way more often than I'd like, especially earlier in the season when I am trying to build team £ value.

Its the only thing that makes me glad about the 'you only get half the rise when you sell' rule, because at least it means a bunch of my players that week likely have a £0.1 buffer, where if they fall in price just once that week, it wont lower the amount I get when I sell them. eg I bought Son for £9.9 and he is currently £10.0, but I will get £9.9 when I sell him, regardless of whether I sell before or after his first upcoming fall in value.

SpackleFrog

Over 70,000 people have transferred in Aubameyang despite the fact Arsenal are not playing next gameweek!
I didn't transfer Auba in because of the blank a while ago but wish I had now! Daft people are bringing him in before a blank though.

Continuing my string of bizarre decisions recently I benched Mahrez this week. :facepalm:

big eejit

Over 70,000 people have transferred in Aubameyang despite the fact Arsenal are not playing next gameweek!
Given that Villa, Sheff Utd and Man Vity also don't play, those people are in for a nasty surprise when they look at their team for next GW. Especially if they've sold a fwd from a team with a game.