Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2019-20

SpackleFrog

Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts
Leicester score four and Vardy doesn't get a single one!

Fuck Vardy, fuck the city of Leicester, fuck Gary Lineker, fuck Walkers Crisps and fuck this game!
Similar feelings.

Usually I'm so bad at fantasy football it doesn't matter but having a good season threatening to go bad is actually ruining my enjoyment of watching sometimes. Had to switch to Man Utd v Burnley when Vardy went off injured, and then what would normally be a joyous occasion (Man Utd losing) was ruined cos I needed them to get a clean sheet.

big eejit

She looks like Alan Gilzean
Goalkeeper dilemma at start of week. Start the fella away to man City or the one away to man Utd?

Turns out I should've TC'd one of them! 11 and 10 points.

elbows

WoeTimer
I have analysed the season so far, and performance this gameweek so far, and the supercomputer has come up with a likely scenario for the Liverpool double:

I have Salah as TC. Therefore he will score but then remove his pants in celebration, unlocking negative points potential like never seen before.

butchersapron

blood on the walls
I have analysed the season so far, and performance this gameweek so far, and the supercomputer has come up with a likely scenario for the Liverpool double:

I have Salah as TC. Therefore he will score but then remove his pants in celebration, unlocking negative points potential like never seen before.
I think that would make the whole crappy season utterly worthwhile.

SpackleFrog

Oh fuck, you've jinxed me.

elbows

WoeTimer
Oh fuck, you've jinxed me.
I will not be held responsible for jinxing someone who would bench Grealish against Brighton! You've made bags of your own great luck this season so I'm sure you can come to terms with owning your own bad luck too :D

Its a strange season because most people I know think its gone badly, including me, but in terms of my rank and overall points at this point in the season, its one of my better ones (and could even be the best if the right Liverpool players keep their pants on). I suspect its a combination of lack of clean sheets, sheer quantity of bad captaincy choices, and all sorts of quirky results and bad timing that have created the impression of a crap season, with an added dollop of VAR giving people reasons to feel cheated on any given week. And plenty of bargains performing amazingly but with unpredictable rhythm to their successes, which often means bench fodder scoring better than people chosen to be in actual team.

Last edited:

starfish

No dialogue. Just plot.
Ffs, im getting humped by SI's deleted team something rotten at the moment. Salah needs to produce the goods as ive triple captained him or in on for a yuge defeat bigly.

elbows

WoeTimer
Haha, livefpl.net have added a new stat to their live rank page. [DGW Fever!] Points from Liverpool (you vs top 10k).

SpackleFrog

I will not be held responsible for jinxing someone who would bench Grealish against Brighton! You've made bags of your own great luck this season so I'm sure you can come to terms with owning your own bad luck too :D

Its a strange season because most people I know think its gone badly, including me, but in terms of my rank and overall points at this point in the season, its one of my better ones (and could even be the best if the right Liverpool players keep their pants on). I suspect its a combination of lack of clean sheets, sheer quantity of bad captaincy choices, and all sorts of quirky results and bad timing that have created the impression of a crap season, with an added dollop of VAR giving people reasons to feel cheated on any given week. And plenty of bargains performing amazingly but with unpredictable rhythm to their successes, which often means bench fodder scoring better than people chosen to be in actual team.
I refuse to own my bad decisions only the good ones!

elbows

WoeTimer
Ooh it looks like I am playing Fez909 in the H2H this weekend so maybe my last post will come back to haunt me!

I spent 4 points on transfers for the 2nd week in a row, and I still have the injured Mane. This fixture against Fez may have fallen at the wrong moment for me. Although it is good timing in the sense we are now right next to eachother in the H2H standings, with Fez currently having the advantage due to an additional draw.