Fantasy Premier League 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Ah, they've made their 3 transfers. It can't happen.

:(

2. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat That's Puddy Tat Esq to you

i think i must forget to sort my team out more often...

:p

3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Oh is that you with the hugely unimpressive bench score of 3, but still a rather impressive amount of points for this week compared to many people? If so never mind, for a crappy week like this its still a score to be proud of, just pretend your bb helped even though it didnt!

Lazy Llama likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

It would only have been for one night anyways wouldnt it, unless Duffy gets 0 points again tomorrow night, since they have him as their captain and you both have Duffy and Ryan left to play.

Fez909 likes this.
  5. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Good point. I hadn't noticed that they'd captained Duffy.

6. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Congrats on your rediscovery of the giddy height again by the way, looked like you were falling away a bit before this week.

Fez909 likes this.
  7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Meanwhile I'm going in the wrong direction, already dropped a few places this week and will lose one more tomorrow and drop out of the top 10 as Arsenal not playing Kolasinac or Lacazette means the team currently just below me will get 16 points off the bench (mostly from Redmonds 15 points). My 10 week winning streak in the h2h is as far as that will go too, comprehensively beaten by what looks a lot like a zombie team, now I cannot pretend to be Vardy scoring goals in 11 consecutive matches :D

8. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Yeah, captain choice of Sterling came through for me - could have been Aguero or Salah but I had a feeling Sterling would be the one.

I wanted to use Bench Boost as I think I forgot last season. Just unfortunate on my choice of week.

elbows likes this.
  9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah, in a season where there have not been many players to rave about from a fantasy standpoint, Sterling shines brightly.

Bit of a weird season really, will be glad when its over in some ways.

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Its an odd feeling for me to be heading towards the 'big double gameweek where I use bench boost' without any of my bench playing twice, and without the typical (in recent past seasons) contingent of man utd defensive players.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  11. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

I knew I'd done badly when I realised I'd forgotten to make any transfers from last week, and thus have a squad full of Burnley players.

Still, at least I still had Pogba. And indeed I do. As third substitute.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  12. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

So much for that prediction!

13. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Ha, by virtue of my Cardiff defender doing better than Brighton ones tonight, I think I will just stay in the top ten because although someone will overtake me, someone else currently ahead has dropped 1 point behind me.

Not that it will make any difference come next gameweek since I will spend a gazillion points on transfers before then.

14. Puddy_Tat

think i may be safe from relegation, anyway...

marty21 likes this.
  15. belboid

And guess who forget to update his team again. In a week when all three of his subs are playing twice :facepalm:

16. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Bottom of H2H after an awful run :(. Not been paying attention. Hoping to stop the rot. Triple captain played finally. And a couple of transfers.

17. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

You picked the right time to pay attention, well done fellow member of the 'in Mo we trust' gang of this week. Not that I had a triple captain left to play but I was happy to have him as captain, Mane by his side and Robertson too. If Friday night football often resulted in more than 60 points then I would be more of a fan.

This has already healed some of the self-inflicted wounds upon my points in recent weeks. While some other goals and now certainly beyond reach, leaving me a little more room to enjoy playing the bloody thing. Entire double gameweeks can be a torture of repeated failure but all it takes is a blatant fixture between Liverpool and Huddersfield to restore the joy mwaha.

starfish likes this.
  18. S☼I

S☼I bullshit bullshit my line

I looked at my team earlier and thought "I must sort it before this evening. And then I just didn't. So three Liverpool players against Huddersfield and none were captained, and they all scored well.

I've given up on a top ten finish now.

19. copliker

copliker ...

Anyone but onsy. Or fez.

20. belboid

My 3rd highest scoring game week in 10. And only three of them have played so far

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  21. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

:mad:

22. Puddy_Tat

57 points so far with just the Liverpool players

although my opponent in the H2H has a similar combination. hmph.

23. belboid

Annoyed I forgot to finally use my triple captain!

Let's hope he does it again v Newcastle

24. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

My h2h is high drama and comedy at the moment.

We both have Robertson, Mane and Salah. But I picked the better captain, Salah. They used bench boost, but it was only worth 4 points to them (5 points but they would have had one of those 1 point players come off the bench for them anyway). We both have Jimenez and Son. They have Wan-Bissaka and Jota and Perez. But I have Wilson! And, err, Valery (well 4 points is better than none).

We both spent some points on transfers, but I spent 4 more than them. They got 105 points so far(-4=101) and I got 96 so far(-8=88). They have Lacazette left, I have Vardy, Sterling and Ederson. Fun :D

25. Puddy_Tat

hmm

90 points so far

having said that, i was expecting slightly more from spurs and slightly less from west ham, so left the wrong players on the bench :facepalm:

26. Puddy_Tat

100 points so far (first time I have done it this season) and still looks like i'll lose my H2H match

hmph

27. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

122 points. My highest score ever, ever, ever.

marty21 and elbows like this.
  28. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

107 points. Presently 8th in the office league. Think should move up to 7 or maybe 6th when table adjusted. Not bad. Europa league position. :cool:

marty21 likes this.
  29. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

117 points.

marty21 likes this.
  30. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

118 points , that'll do :thumbs:

starfish likes this.