Fantasy Premier League 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 5, 2018.

1. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

I wish

Fez909 likes this.
  2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Maybe we can fine Fez 10 points for not knowing the difference between Boruc and Begovic.

Fun fact: Since my lowest point in the overall rankings at the end of gameweek 9, I have improved my overall rank by around 3 million places!

marty21 and Fez909 like this.
  3. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Fucking get in! Happiest I've been to be wrong in ages.

Now just need Hazard to be rested and I'll be well happy. Vardy VC :)

4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I have the same C/VC setup, but I dont want that to happen. Mostly because they tried to rest Hazard against Cardiff but were so woeful without him that he still ended up having to play 37 minutes. Much better for my nerves if he just plays from the start.

Fez909 likes this.
  5. passenger

passenger up and down...

Could be the year I win the head 2 head league, my future happiness relies on this..sad but so true :p

SpackleFrog and marty21 like this.
  6. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I have gained 4 million from my low point :thumbs:

elbows likes this.
  7. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

8. marty21

I'm still in contention for that

passenger likes this.
  9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I suppose I am in contention for the h2h too, but I dont really expect to win it because my seasonal pattern usually involves a great run of form in the 2nd half of the season, but some wobbles near the end. So I expect a severe wobble in the next 2 or 3 gameweeks that will scupper my chances. Plus my overall points arent really enough to defeat some of the people who may end up tied for wins/draws/losses.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. marty21

It's on points scored if you tie on points from wins and draws , and I have a lot less points than the other challengers tbf

11. marty21

Just looked at the March points , a bad month :facepalm: 88th in the overall league :(

12. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

My best month in that regard, 3rd.

Hazard finally came good for me today, hasnt happened often for me over multiple seasons which is why I'm not averse to selling him when the points arent rolling in.

marty21 likes this.
  13. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

like i did a few weeks ago

hmph

14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I'm a bit hyperactive with transfers.

My Hazard history this season:
    Bought week 7
    Sold week 10
    Bought week 29
    Sold week 30
    Got temporarily with week 31 free hit
    Bought week 32

15. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

your team needs a hazard warning...

marty21, Fez909 and elbows like this.
  16. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Selling him in week 30 was the only thing I regret in that history. Planning to sell him again for week 34 but having second thoughts now lol.

17. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

Bollocks.

Friday evening match so Friday lunch time deadline which I hadn't noticed.

Team in weird formation due to last week's lack of teams playing.

Bollocks.

18. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Lunch time? It was a 7pm deadline.

19. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

oh

i thought it was lunch time deadline for fridays

still before i got home from work / gave it any thought, anyway

20. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

The deadline is always an hour before the kickoff time of the first game of the gameweek.

Anyway sorry you missed out. My week went wrong before it started, when I bought Kane too early and then he got injured, causing me to spend even more points than planned. The situation has got worse with Leicesters performance last night (Vardy was my capitain) but now I see that many other players will not be happy either since Son has been captained by many, but it turns out he is on the bench for Spurs today!

My week could still be saved if Sigurdsson and Richarlison go crazy against Fulham. I should really have been transferring such players out, not in, but I figured that so many people would play their wildcard this week with a view to players who will play twice next week (and to a much lesser extent this week) that I may as well try to take advantage of my different situation and bring Sigurdsson in rather than sell Richarlison.

21. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

A disaster so far, which for some reason I often find hilarious, with today no exception. Its when I watch a crucial game on telly that I tend to get wound up when things arent going my way, so I got that out of the way last night.

22. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Maybe disaster was a bit strong when I said it earlier, but people with multiple Brighton defensive players might well reach a similar conclusion now.

23. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Well I've been totally crushed this week, so I guess that counts as my late in season wobble. Long may it not continue.

24. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

had i got round to team maintenance this week, i would have put a brighton defender on the pitch before yesterday...

25. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

They're not going to concede against Cardiff. Nailed on after that horror show. So double weekers will get their just rewards later.

26. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

A rare good week for me. I've missed the cutoff the last few weeks. Luckily doesn't seem to have mattered cos Anderson, Pogba, Sterling, Wilson and Mane all scored one or two.

27. copliker

copliker ...

Beaten by an apparently abandoned team. Yet another new low.

Fez909 likes this.
  28. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Reasons to be cheerful despite a terrible week: At least I didnt bring in Deeney.

29. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

I had him.

On my bench.

Played “Bench Boost”

FFS!

30. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

If Lacazette comes on for a 1 pointer, I'll be on exactly the same points as Chipshop, and we've made exactly the same amount of transfers. Who will be 2nd?