Fantasy Premier League 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 5, 2018.

1. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Hmm not much settled so far, will the evening games this week make the difference or will the business end of the season continue to not be very season-defining?

I suppose I am happy to have mostly got away with spending 12 points on transfers and not fielding any Liverpool players, but I'm starting to get bored with 'it could have been much worse'.

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Aguero wont play tomorrow, no surprise there. At least my triple captaining of him wasnt a complete and utter dud but it still adds to my sense that this double gameweek hasnt gone that well.

3. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Confirmed?

4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Well there were press conferences today and Pep said he is out.

Alonso sounds like he is out for Chelsea too (hamstring).

And in tonights games, Rashford is absent (illness I think). Martial on bench.

Fez909 likes this.
  5. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

And so, as jostling and bunching up continue at various positions in the non-h2h league, the stage is set for an epic climax to the double gameweek tonight. Or another damp squib. Or a bit of both. I can hardly contain myself.

6. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Just checked, captaining Jimenez might be a wise decision , bagged me 24 points :thumbs:

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah I havent got him as captain but I was pretty happy last night when they finally decided to give him the 2nd assist points after all.

marty21 likes this.
  8. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Way too much rotation! Which might still serve me well given people who triple captained Sterling just above me in the non-h2h. My Higuain differential has been a dismal failure though.

9. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

bugger

10. passenger

passenger up and down...

Played my free hit and still drew in my h2h game :mad:

11. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

We do all know this is a stupid bloody game that means absolutely nothing, don't we?

12. marty21

Played my free hit and lost :mad::mad:

passenger likes this.
  13. copliker

copliker ...

You won. I gambled on a load of transfers and most of them were either rotated or did nothing.

marty21 and passenger like this.
  14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yes, but at least it is free entertainment! Given how bothersome it can still be even with nothing real at stake, I'm sure glad I dont bet on sports with actual money.

The week worked out well for me in the end, improved my standing in leagues, got just over 100 points etc.

15. marty21

Blimey ! I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat :eek:

16. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

102 points - 12 = 90pts for you.

It is a good job you don't gamble with this kind of thinking. It's like those fellas down the pub who say, "just won the £250 quid jackpot on the fruities", but don't tell you they sunk £160 chasing it. :facepalm:

Still, a good result, well done! :thumbs:

17. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Thanks, I think ;). I have an interest in both the points I score without taking into account transfer points, and totals that do take that into account. I also like to think about transfer points spent in terms of the average across the entire season, and also in comparison to how many bonus points I got across the season. My current average weekly transfer points spend across the season so far is 5.25 (168 points spent on transfers so far in total). Bonus points (including multiplied bonus points due to captain) are currently averaging 7.31 per week, 234 in total.

Since I am at unexpected heights in the h2h league I suppose it is tempting for me to change my transfer points spending strategy in order to attempt to maintain my winning streak, but I doubt I will. My already feeble team for this next gamesweek suffered further crushing blows due to Bournemouth changing goalkeeper and someone getting injured, so I will have to use my wildcard to get through this weekend, rather than saving it for building a team suitable for gameweek 35 doubles.

18. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Nice. Only 6 of my entire squad are even playing this week.

(and one of them is injured)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  19. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Annoyance. Wouldn't have helped me in the end. Every injury happening.

20. butchersapron

fez has planned it so all his are playing with no hits.

marty21 likes this.
  21. marty21

Wildcard! Thinking of playing it as I seem to have half a squad out :mad:

22. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

it's meant i didn't have a very good team for the past few weeks tho, so not sure it's been worth it all in the end...

marty21 likes this.
  23. butchersapron

Why's it always me mommy why?

marty21 likes this.
  24. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Just seen the reason for this weird comment....-16pts you're fucked! :D

25. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

marty21 likes this.
  26. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I've never wanted Newcastle to score more in my life...

edit: 7 added minutes!

27. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

28. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I know you have 10 goalie points to come from the bench but even taking that into account Butchers is still ahead of you in your h2h game, ha ha. Granted he will still require Aubameyang and Kolasinac to get within a point of Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Luiz and Higuains totals to maintain his lead over you but it could happen! (or something like that, I havent double-checked)

29. butchersapron

Fued with fez simmering nicely

Fez909 and elbows like this.
  30. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I don't get the goalie points. Boric started. He just let a shit load of goals in for a big fat zero.

:(