Fantasy Premier League 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 5, 2018.

1. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Also I have to say that the business end of this season looks especially tough to navigate. The timing of the blanks and doubles, the fixtures, the international break, the number of teams still in europe, the teams with not much rotation risk compared to the teams on form, its a right minefield even if you still have most of your chips! I can easily imagine spending 48-64 more points on transfers to get the teams I want each week, and thats with a wildcard still in hand and free hit played this week.

2. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Well I managed to pick players for this week that are actually starting in their games today, so far so good.

It did feel a bit weird picking Arnautovic, hopefully that pays off.

tommers likes this.
  3. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

This is the end of Fabianski in my team.

Everything is going very badly so far.

4. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

Arnautovic is shot. He's not bothered until he gets his move in the Summer.

5. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yes that seemed fairly likely but it was still worth a try. I used my free hit so its not like I am stuck with him at least.

Right now I think I might want man city to lose this FA cup game, it would make week 33 much easier to cope with and I'm not really feeling confident in how many points I'll get from the double gameweeks.

6. copliker

copliker ...

Spend 32 points on transfers, leave King and his goals on the bench.

SpackleFrog likes this.
  7. SpackleFrog

SpackleFrog Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts

Took a 4 point hit to transfer in Wilson who gave me 2 points. Gutted about the 11/1 bet I had on Bournemouth to win and Wilson and Rondon both to score. Fingers crossed for Captain Mane.

8. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Looks like Brighton are going to lose their FA cup game. Which means Spurs wont have a double gameweek in week 32, will play in week 33, and will have their double gameweek in week 35 (away to man city and at home to crystal palace).

Teams without a game in week 33:
    Man City, Man Utd, Wolves, Watford, Cardiff, Fulham.

Week 32 could still be very juicy. Wolves v Man Utd is the only extra game confirmed for that week so far, but there should be more soon. It seems quite likely to me that Man City will play both Fulham and Cardiff in week 32!

9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

He I spoke too soon again, extra time in that FA cup game.

Liverpool conceding against Fulham and Manes superiority over Salah may just have won me my h2h game despite it looking pretty hopeless for me yesterday.

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Thank fuck this week is over. Now nearly two weeks to lick wounds (although I did ok in the end) before the double gameweek. Which will now feature Spurs v Crystal Palace since Brighton won their FA cup game.

I think it will look quite juicy on paper but there are so many teams with dodgy form at the moment that its hard to gett too excited, although I bet I still will when the moment arrives.

11. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Hmm looks like I've won 8 h2h games in a row, not used to that at all!

marty21 likes this.
  12. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

:hmm:

i think i might have played you in the h2h

hmph

13. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Piss poor week :mad:

14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

If you had Maddison in the first spot on your bench then yes, it probably was.

15. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I hope they dont take too long to announce the rest of the week 32 extra games.

So far there is:
    Wolves v Man Utd
    Spurs v Crystal Palace (confirmed by Spurs, not the league site yet)

I also suspect the following will happen in week 32 too (although I have a history of messing up such predictions):
    Man City v Cardiff
    Chelsea v Brighton
    Watford v Southampton or Watford v Fulham

16. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Only took me 30 weeks to finally better the overall rank I managed after week 1, not a long slog at all, honest.

LongSlog.jpg

17. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

Slumped to 5th in the h2h, and out of the top 30 in the league :facepalm:

Played the free hit :hmm:

18. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Oh I was right about the fixtures...

Screenshot 2019-03-19 at 21.16.12.png

Also Brighton v Cardiff in week 34, and a bunch in week 35 that I wont go on about now.

19. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Hmmm I find myself wanting to spend less points* than I normally would for a juicy double-gameweek. What a strange feeling, I'm not used to it.

* Still quite a few points, just not 20 or 24.

20. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I've turned into you

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 13.48.19.png

elbows likes this.
  21. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I dont think the comparison counts unless you've spent points on that lot, which I find vanishingly unlikely.

There seems to have been a lot of talk this season about using free hit for this week, which I find slightly unusual as its normally triple captain or bench boost that gets discussed most for this sort of week. I already used my free hit last gameweek, a waste in hindsight but there was no way to know that going in.

22. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

It has cost me points but I'm planning to play my free hit which will wipe them out...annoyingly you can only play the FH when confirming transfers and I have the team I want already so I'll have to change it, using another 'hit', then change it back and play the FH.

The idea behind using it this week was because of the previous and next week, where not many teams are playing, so if you played it last week, you're screwed next week maybe?

I tried to get a team good for last week and next week, ignoring this double week completely as I knew I could play the FH.

It does mean no TC or BB, of course...compromises!

elbows likes this.
  23. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yes that does make sense. It wasnt really an option for me because the team I had at the relevant point wouldnt have been much good for either of the blank weeks. I will have to improvise something for the next blank week, have a few idea but it will largely depend on how points-flush I feel after this double gameweek.

Triple captain is such an easy chip to fail to yield results, and if I want to use it this week then it just magnifies the Sterling or Aguero as captain dilemma.

24. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

i tend to use the 'free hit' for the week when a lot of my squad don't have a game so that i can have 11 on the pitch

and double games for quite a few of my squad this week. wonder how many will get a minus score in the first game and get dropped for the second...

25. I've gone bold.

Hazard out, Hudson-Odoi in (about a 5 mill difference) .

Camarasara (sp) out, Mane in. Even though he only has one game

26. And I've put hlMane on the bench as cover for Rashford.

Seemed like a brilliant idea at the time :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Fez909 likes this.
  27. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Good thing I could only afford the wrong Silva!

AverageJoe and elbows like this.
  28. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Really glad I forgot to click save on ederson.

29. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Balls @ Aguero. At least he got some points before he went off.

30. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Was that sarcasm or had you travelled backwards in time from several hours into the future?