Fantasy Premier League 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by Lord Camomile, Jul 5, 2018.

1. copliker

copliker ...

I need a goal from West Ham tomorrow. That cat has a better chance of scoring. Oh, and an Everton clean sheet lol.

2. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Since he's at the arse end of my subs bench (just behind Neves), I'm expecting a hat-trick from Dignes.

3. Had the choice of TCing Aguero or Sterling.. Went for Sterling as I thought he had the better chance of playing both games.

Can't complain I guess

marty21 likes this.
  4. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

I captained Aguero

#whichisnice

AverageJoe and elbows like this.
  5. copliker

copliker ...

I now need a clean sheet, something from Richarlison and about 20 Pickford saves. At least Lee Peltier (3.9!) didn't let me down.

6. marty21

My opponent was able to triple captain Agurero though :mad:

AverageJoe likes this.
  7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

My h2h opponent needs Aguero not to play again (as I have him as captain) and for Pickford to save 5 penalties.

marty21 likes this.
  8. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Aguero starts again, mwahaha.

Richarlison and Sigurdsson on the bench, capitulation or genius, we shall see.

9. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

I didn't even realise that two teams had a double fixture. What the actual fuck is all that about?

Why not just start the week from today?

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

That would make no difference because they both have games this coming weekend as well, so they would just have 2 games next gameweek instead of this one.

It happens every year, usually one or two weeks like this one where only a few teams have a double. Then later in the season usually another two gameweeks where numerous teams play twice (and weeks where they dont play at all). Granted probably not quite as many teams will be part of that this season because most of these things are caused by cup games, and so many teams are out of the cups already this year.

11. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

So beware the flipside, 4 teams arent playing in week 27 and the system wont give you any special compensation for this.

Chelsea and Brighton are the other two but their fixture wasnt rescheduled to this week like the Everton Man City one was because Brighton have a cup replay today.

12. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

Rescheduled cos of city chelski in the league cup final on the 24th.

13. marty21

Top 2 clash in the H2H league today, somehow I am in the top 2 :D

14. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I shouldnt laugh at others misfortune but it was quite impressive seeing Kolasinac undo his goal and cleansheet points (and likely bonus) with that own goal. Up to 10 points (depending on what bonus he was on for) gone in the blink of an eye.

Now I'm only 19 points behind butchers in our h2h scrap. Hopefully Son and Sterling can narrow or kill that gap today, and Jimenez & Doherty can outscore Moutinho and Bennett tomorrow.

I wont take it personally that butchers triple captained Salah against me :D Probably more to do with what Salah did in the previous meeting with Bournemouth.

big eejit likes this.
  15. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

It was that and the fact that i think i failed to play my TC at all last year due to misunderstanding how the chips work and (finally) i really need to beat you to get to top ten in H2H. This year has been ridiculous - i'm sure for about 4 weeks running at the end of last year i was the second highest scorer but playing the top scorer. 2nd bottom at xmas is not good.

16. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Wolves have an amazing run of fixtures btw

SpackleFrog likes this.
  17. copliker

copliker ...

I probably should've checked who I was playing in the h2h before doing a load of transfers. I now require 30 points from Doherty to stay in touch with the top bunch.

18. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Oh that rings a bell, you like to play your wildcard on one of the double gameweeks rather than the week before?

One week this season in the h2h I suffered what I'm sure is my worst h2h defeat - 39 points vs 103 points, ouch!

h2h doesnt really suit me that well due to my transfer antics in the first half of the season (and then again near the end). Really going to try to navigate the final part of the season without so many 'spent 24 points this week' moments. Maybe I am more likely to avoid such things this year because I am not terribly excited about many of the potential double gameweek matches, though things on that front will become clearer once next weekends FA cup games are done.

19. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I've not looked properly, got more obsessed with how I will be dodging the partially blank weeks like week 27. But what you are saying certainly explains why so many people suddenly have Moutinho.

I'm certainly glad Wolves have been having fun in the prem this season, there hasnt been too much excitement and variety from a fantasy perspective this year so i dread to imagine what barrels I'd have scraped if there were no Wolves options on the table.

20. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Well he certainly loves to score and Monday night football can be a bit weird at times, but yeah, thats quite the mountain to climb!

I'm just glad I didnt rush to swap Aguero back to Aubameyang this week, would have done that long before news of his illness (and bullshit from manager about being sure he would be ready) if player price changes had forced my hand early, especially given how promising the fixture looked on paper.

I hope a midfielder I havent got yet really impresses, otherwise I've not got much clue who to replace Sterling with next gameweek. Probably too late for a no-brainer option to catch my attention since most of this weeks games are done already. Mane seems obvious but putting so many of my eggs in the Man Utd v Liverpool basket seems well risky.

21. S☼I

S☼I unvarnished symphony

I triple-captained Rashford.

Who didn't play.

FML

22. copliker

copliker ...

Vice gets the points?

23. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Yeah there are quite a few vice-captain points to come this week. I know someone who will get 16 more points from that, someone who will get 8 and someone who will get 6, someone with Son as vc (not much use, butchers bribed the ref!) and someone with Moutinho.

24. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Maybe Eriksen will qualify for that.

25. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

At least Aguero and Sterling start and Sane does not.

26. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Oh yes Son you human battery.

27. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

When I first played fantasy Aguero was already a must-have for most, so its such a novelty these last few weeks to have Aguero when so many people dont.

28. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

two players (one Liverpool and one Man City) unused (real world) substitutes this weekend, and only one of my three (FPL) substitutes actually played.

one Chelsea player bloody useless.

one defender getting a minus score.

Bugger.

Lazy Llama likes this.
  29. SpackleFrog

SpackleFrog Smash showy bell-bottom pants and sporty haircuts

Same! :D Are you keeping Aguero next game week?

30. Not sure. He's not playing in the round of matches.

Fa cup this week and then a blank week for City