Facebook thinks I'm new.

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by Helen Back, Apr 15, 2019.

1. I've been on FB for donkey's years but now it's showing me this instead of posts:

Welcome to Facebook
    Get started by adding friends. You'll see their
    videos, photos and posts here.
    Next​

Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

I get that all the time. I reckon it's because I use it very rarely and only have double figures of friends in there. I just ignore it and have never had any issues.

3. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

I had that this morning. Never had it before, I assume it's some backend failure.

colacubes likes this.
  4. Okay, not just me, then. Cool.

5. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I get it all the time. I thought it was because I've been unfollowing people for ages so there isn't enough content for my feed.

6. dessiato

dessiato Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono

I read that it has had a major outage. Perhaps it's something to do with this.

7. Ground Elder

Ground Elder Well-Known Member

Same here. Its quite a relief really :D

8. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Yeah I get this quite a lot. The solution on the desktop version of the site is on the left hand side click on the three dots to the right of 'news feed' and select 'most recent'. I can't figure out how to do that on the mobile version or on the app which I don't use

9. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

Facebook on my phone sends me suggestions for friends every day. Mostly they are people who are already FB friends, it's annoying.

dessiato likes this.
  10. dessiato

dessiato Ua Mau ke Ea o ka ʻĀina i ka Pono

It suggests I might like to befriend myself. Damned if I'm doing that. I don't think I want to be friends with someone like me.

Shirl and AverageJoe like this.