FA Trophy QF: Dulwich Hamlet vs Macclesfield Town, Sat 25th Feb

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Feb 10, 2017.

1. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

You could argue that he's referring to us, as fans of Dulwich Hamlet, as a group of Hamlets. I quite like that idea myself. :D:thumbs:

Lucy Fur likes this.
  2. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I DON'T...WE'RE The Hamlet and have been since 1893! We are a group of Dulwich Hamlet fans...who support a Club who are known as THE HAMLET! Grr!

3. clog

That's what I said... Not a major issue and not as though the club was referred to as Dulwich Hamlets.... No need to be rude to someone who is just trying to be nice IMO.

4. Looking forward to seeing you guys twice in a week for the cup game and the league game in a fortnight.

Enjoy having The Hamlet down. Smashing bunch of supporters

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  5. Dulwich Mishi

I'm not being rude...believe me if I chose to be rude you would soon see the difference. To me 'Dulwich Hamlets' or 'The Hamlets' both are as annoying as each other.

6. clog

It was just "Hamlets".

7. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

8. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

As Anthrax sang, you're Caught in a Mish

9. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest...I've lost the fucking will to live.

In case you haven't noticed I simply can't stand anyone getting the name or nickname of our Football club wrong. End of.

10. clog

Hamlets is just the plural of Hamlet. End of.

Funnily enough I had noticed you being rude to someone who was a visitor to our club and just trying to be nice so pulled you up on it as I don't think it's a very pleasant way to behave to someone who is just trying to pass on helpful information.

11. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Stewart Lee could do a sketch on this: Mishi Moraths of the Hamlets.

Pink Panther, Nivag, YTC and 2 others like this.
  12. YTC

YTC Human Man

Who are you, the self appointed moderator of the board? ;)

13. clog

:p

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

To be fair though, It is Hamlet. :D

15. clog

I don't think I ever said it wasn't. It was the rudeness I was objecting to.... :)

16. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

and these are Hamlets
    3691097.jpg

Dulwich Mishi, clog and YTC like this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

'Thanks, but please note it's Hamlet NOT Hamlets!' - not exactly X-rated is it? Perhaps you read into it a little?

Either way, the molehill now has a ski-resort.

18. clog

and yet again you are now policing the forum.

19. Dulwich Mishi

To be honest, I genuinely don't recall that, so please remind me, not necessarily on here, as I'm don't know what you mean.

I genuinely don't mean to be rude about anyone, unless they are rude to me, or annoy me...I am only human! ;)

Generally, I think I go out of my way to visitors when they come to our ground, and whatever way people perceive me I think I am, in the main, a good ambassador for our Football Club.

As for being perceived' as rude on here....just because I point out strongly that we are NOT called The Hamlets or Dulwich Hamlets...believe me there are much worse ways of phrasing that on here...believe me, I am not being rude on here, merely forthright on something that gets on my nerves, and I have to constantly correct...

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  20. clog

Lucy Fur likes this.
  21. YTC

YTC Human Man

If by 'policing the forum' you mean 'having an opinion and expressing it' then call me the chief constable (or any x-rated version thereof).

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  22. clog

23. clog

No, I mean attempting to shut down discussion.

24. YTC

YTC Human Man

Please show me where this attempt to shut down a discussion was. As it seems to me your idea of shutting down a discussion is disagreeing with you.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  25. clog

26. Lucy Fur

Lucy Fur Well-Known Member

jimdangle.jpg

YTC and Cyclodunc like this.
  27. clog

"either way the molehill now has a ski resort"

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

Me, expressing that I feel you'd made a huge deal out of what I read as a reasonable point re the name of the club. How is that shutting down discussion? Is it because I've made it into a joke that you don't like?

29. clog

You attempting to stop me calling Mishi out on him being rude. Sorry, but I won't shut up just because you don't like it.

30. clog

You don't need to point it out strongly every single time someone does it. It's tedious in the extreme and particularly rude to an opposition fan who at the end of the day was just trying to pass on some useful info. You could have ignored it.