FA Trophy QF: Dulwich Hamlet vs Macclesfield Town, Sat 25th Feb

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Feb 10, 2017.

1. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

So Hamlet fans watching the live stream (Confirmed) from Germany, Luxembourg, Austria and Portugal (also Canada, Australia)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. Dodger

Dodger Active Member

And tooting!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  3. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Can someone post a link to the stream and/or edit of the goals?

belboid likes this.
  4. PartisanDulwich

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    joe1990 and scousedom like this.
  5. Silkman72

Silkman72 Well-Known Member

Just home , would like to thank all you guys again for a great day and a cracking match , let's hope we turn up for 90 mins instead of 20 on Tuesday

Fingers, Pink Panther, clog and 4 others like this.
  6. editor

editor hiraethified

What a shame about that advertisers sign.

2017-02-26_000829.jpg

:D:thumbs:

clog, Nivag, YTC and 1 other person like this.
  7. Silkman72

Silkman72 Well-Known Member

Not us Guv :D:D

editor likes this.
  8. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'm looking forward to the highlights video, I was having a piss when Ash scored.

9. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Great build up and absolute cracker of a finish.

Pink Panther likes this.
  10. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Thanks for that mate! #luckypiss

11. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

That was incredible. What a performance. The second goal we lost was an absolute shocker and I really thought there was no coming back from that - but to experience everyone getting behind the team like that, and the team responding in that way - I actually think it was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen happen on a football pitch. What a goal from Carew, and what an effort from the halfway line in the dying minutes.

Even though I think Champion Hill can't really cope with crowds of that size, the atmosphere was absolutely electric. On the down-side there were twats fighting in the away end just before kick-off and there were also guys banging on the windows of the bar at half-time - guessing these were all Macc fans who'd had way too much to drink?

I do think it's a bit of a shame that teams and fans at this level are made to travel for a replay at such short notice. Given the expense and the distance and the pile up of fixures, I personally feel the competition should be tweaked to go straight to extra time and penalties without the replay. Disappointed not to be able to go to the replay but there's no chance I can travel to Macclesfield on a Tuesday night and loads of others will be in the same boat.

editor and AndyF like this.
  12. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

The incident at the start definitely involved "fans" of both clubs. Not as though Dulwich are strangers to people having too much to drink before a game.... very disappointing it ended in violence mind you. Having said that it seemed to have been sorted incredibly quickly so I doubt most would have been aware of it.

Couldn't agree more about the replay - the FA Cup replays are a week and a few days later, not immediately after, so at least it gives a bit more time to prepare. As it is for this train tickets are £165.50 single and there isn't a suitable train back so an overnight stay would be involved. £££.

13. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I'm booked on the coach now, but I investigated prices for travelling independently and an hour or so ago Virgin Trains website had £23 tickets each way from London to Macc departing early afternoon Tuesday and returning at a similar time Weds, and I found a hotel room in Macc for around fifty quid on booking.com.

Terrific occasion at Champion Hill yesterday, and memorable Hamlet comeback after we were almost literally blown away inside the first twenty minutes. Macc looked a noticeably stronger all-round side than Braintree, allowing us less of the ball and having more creative flair. The strong wind against us in the first half was reminiscent of the East Thurrock play-off final, and their best player Luke Summerfield took full advantage. Drage was harshly penalised for an innocuous challenge in a central position at least 35 yards out, apparently beyond direct shooting range with no real defensive wall in place, but Summerfield caught us by surprise with a venomous shot that flew through our box at waist height and beat Edwards inside his right hand post. Less than ten minutes later he did it again when an Edwards clearance skewed out to him wide on the left and he fired a spectacular dipping shot straight back over the keeper's head into the far corner of the net. Last season't Hamlet team would probably have subsided from this point, but we were back in the game shortly afterwards when Taylor lashed the ball into the back of the net after Macc failed to deal with a corner.

Having reach half time only one goal adrift Hamlet now had a chance with the wind in our favour. I felt our team had taken a while to believe they could compete with the visitors, and Macc's approach of sitting deep on their lead and looking to catch us with counter-attacking opportunities played into our hands. Hamlet defender superbly as a team, and passed the ball around as we usually do in league matches, and apart form a deflected cross-shot that was knocked in by a player standing offside Macc rarely threatened again. I thought their keeper, a huge man of similar stature to the Braintree counterpart we faced in the previous round, looked shaky throughout, although their defence was sound enough to deny us many clear sights of goal. What an equaliser it was when it came! Even better than Danny Carr's strike at a similar stage of the Royston game three rounds earlier. Several quick passes were exchanged around the edge of the visitor's box before Carew unleashed a sumptuous first time shot from the edge of the box to the left of goal that curled inside the far post. The timing and spectacle of the goal could only have been surpassed had it been a winner rather than an equaliser.

Team : (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Weatherstone, Drage, Taylor - Ming, Kargbo, Beaney(c), Green - Carew - Tomlin, Sekajja. Subs: Dumaka (for Beaney), Erskine (for Taylor), Camara, Mohomed, James (not used).

14. YTC

YTC Human Man

Fucking state of London Harrier! :facepalm:

I rolled my ankle celebrating the second goal, I can barely speak today. Incredible performance from the boys, and everyone off the pitch too. A very proud day to be part of this club.

joe1990 and AndyF like this.
  15. PartisanDulwich

16. PartisanDulwich

17. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Would have been goal of the month in the premier league!

Pink Panther and AndyF like this.
  18. PartisanDulwich

Apart from the brilliance of these two Dulwich Hamlet goals
    How wonderful, that thanks to the lads at #DHFCTV we can relive them over and over again #Thisishistory

Pink Panther, joe1990, editor and 3 others like this.
  19. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

What was the score?

20. Posh 'n Proud

Posh 'n Proud Well-Known Member

Thanks for yet another enjoyable afternoon, only slightly diminished by the bleak Tuscan climate.

Credit to the Silkmen for a barnstorming start but there was certainly only one team in it for the final hour or so. I was therefore not a little disappointed that Hamlet didn't steal the tie with Carew's spectacular last-gasp effort which Flinders (apparently a notorious racist, war-criminal and general ne'er-do-well according to those beside me) spectacularly tipped away at full-stretch. From my location it looked as though it was going to strike the bar but we'll never know now.

A fine performance that should at least command much respect from the hosts in the replay. What a shame that so many of those present will not be able to attend the replay. I'm hoping that there'll at least be a radio commentary available when this well-matched tie plays out its conclusion just a couple of sleeps away.

21. PartisanDulwich

22. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

2-2 after being 2-0 down. Almost nicked it at the end. 2834 official attendance.

Maggot likes this.
  23. editor

editor hiraethified

That moment when the equaliser goes in the net :)

2017-02-26_155114.jpg

Pink Panther, NPDHFC, Fingers and 4 others like this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Sack off work on Tuesday and either get the train to Stoke and then one to Macclesfield - and then the coach back or just take the coach.

Register your interest on the thread or twitter and we can take two coaches!

DonkeyAssessor likes this.
  25. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

26. DonkeyAssessor

Go more often , if it has that effect !

Nivag likes this.
  27. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

Hurricane Doris cleaned up yesterday. A bag of chicken at the side of the toilets opposite a highlight.

I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed a game that much. The equaliser was very special. But after that, the wonderful belief that the hamlet would nick it. And they nearly did. The panic among the Macclesfield players was palpable. I thought they did well to draw by the end.

It's a very special club this. And this is a great season, whatever happens.

28. DonkeyAssessor

It was various Police bodies that dictated to the FA that they needed at least a week to provide manpower for all cup replays. The downside to their "overkill" (including on a previous visit to Macclesfield), it meant nearly ever pub and eatery near station or between there and ground was closed. Most irritating.

29. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

Any chance of opening the clubhouse to listen to this on the radio on Tuesday (if it is on the radio)? Or didn't our friends at Water into Beer do something similar for Braintree away? Could they do this on Tuesday?

30. editor

editor hiraethified