FA Cup Draw -

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Matt The Cab, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

I know it's today, approx. 1pm but are we still regional or can we get some epic away day and a step 7 club?

2. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

3. Matt The Cab

Just realised we're step 6 so in truth I'd want a step 8 or lower

4. WillClunas

WillClunas Well-Known Member

Comforting to know that drawing Met Police remains a possibility.

5. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Ramsgate away?

6. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

Woking away would be great

7. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

We are still regional - although its a big region. This from the Hitchin Town forum ->
    Zone 2
    35 Hampton & Richmond Borough (6NS)
    36 Kings Langley (7SLPS) or Lewes (7ISTP)
    37 Wealdstone (6NS)
    38 Welling United (6NS)
    39 Hendon (7SLPS) or Lancing (9SCP)
    40 Woking (6NS)
    41 Hanwell Town (8IS1SC)
    42 Egham Town (8IS1SC) or Brightlingsea Regent (7ISTP)
    43 Worthing (7ISTP)
    44 Concord Rangers (6NS)
    45 Dorking Wanderers (7ISTP)
    46 Haringey Borough (7ISTP)
    47 Hastings United (8IS1SE)
    48 Coggeshall Town (8IS1N)
    49 St. Albans City (6NS) or Whyteleafe (8IS1SE) or Corinthian Casuals (7ISTP)
    50 Hemel Hempstead Town (6NS)
    51 Billericay Town (6NS)
    52 Kempston Rovers (8SL1C)
    53 Hitchin Town (7SLPC) or Didcot Town (8SL1C)
    54 Bognor Regis Town (7ISTP) or A.F.C. Sudbury (8IS1N)
    55 Leatherhead (7ISTP)
    56 Whitehawk (7ISTP)
    57 Eastbourne Borough (6NS)
    58 Oxford City (6NS)
    59 Ramsgate (8IS1SE)
    60 A.F.C. Hornchurch (7ISTP)
    61 Dartford (6NS)
    62 Moneyfields (8SL1S)
    63 Beaconsfield Town (7SLPS)
    64 Horsham (8IS1SE)
    65 Dulwich Hamlet (6NS)
    66 Metropolitan Police (7SLPS) or Needham Market (7SLPC)
    67 Winchester City (8SL1S)
    68 Torquay United (6NS)
    69 Chippenham Town (6NS) or Swindon Supermarine (7SLPS)
    70 Bristol Manor Farm (8SL1S)
    71 Gloucester City (6NS) or Plymouth Parkway (9WSTP)
    72 Weston super Mare (6NS) or Salisbury (7SLPS)
    73 Tiverton Town (7SLPS)
    74 Hereford (6NN) or Truro City (6NS)
    75 Poole Town (7SLPS)
    76 Taunton Town (7SLPS)
    77 Bath City (6NS)
    78 Hungerford Town (6NS) or Wantage Town (9HELP)
    79 Cirencester Town (8SL1S)
    80 Slough Town (6NS) or Sholing (9WSSXP)

8. YTC

YTC Human Man

9. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

away at Eastbourne Borough

10. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Eastbourne Birough Away on Saturday Week. Not a draw that makes life easy

11. StephenMac

12. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Suits me...I'm working...will be able to make the replay! ;)

But will miss not being able to go to the local pie and mash shop on Seaside Road...

13. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

shit draw

14. StephenMac

Rail replacement for part of the journey too.

gnar182 likes this.
  15. Matt The Cab

Beano by the coast...

You fuckers have been spoilt

16. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The rail replacement leg is Three Bridges to Lewes so sod that. However the ground is in an outlying district and the nearest station is Pevensey & Westham, which can be done by train from London Bridge/Orpington changing at St Leonard's.

New ground for me, but we have to go there for a league match on New Year's Day .

17. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Pre WW1 DHFC player William/Billy/Colsey (he used all three names at varying points in his life) is buried at Pevensey Church if anyone is passing through and wishes to pay their respects.

Billy – as DHFC knew him - joined the club with WW1 fatality Ernie Vasey, it seems a shared love of cricket meant they knew each other before wearing pink and blue. Billy subsequently emigrated to Argentina, playing both cricket and football to a high standard over there.

In August 1914 Billy was in the UK visiting his father – Arthur a high standard cricketer who was a friend of W.G. Grace, went on to be a top-class umpire and scored the first goal in the history of his home town team Kidderminster Harriers. Arthur was living in Eastbourne and controlled recruitment for “Lowthers Lambs”, they would come under the control of the Royal Sussex Regiment. Billy resigned his job and enlisted. He assisted his father in recruitment, Billy guested for DHFC in a match that saw the club issue a flyer asking fans to enlist in the Royal Sussex and state that Billy would assist any interested parties.

By March 1918, when Billy’s war was ended by a shrapnel wound that saw him lose a leg, he was Acting Brigadier-General after one of the most remarkable rises through the ranks in the history of the British army. He appears to have been a friend of war poet Edmund Blunden and features – albeit anonymously – in one of his poems. Billy’s rise through the ranks probably saved his life. He missed at least one attack that saw his battalions ranks decimated as he had been sent behind the lines to be with the senior officers. The battalion was devastated the day before the start of the Battle of the Somme in a diversionary attack. That date was an unofficial Remembrance Day in Sussex for many years. However, the injury was serious enough that his wife was summoned to his bedside in France in the expectation that he would not live.

Post war he spent most of his life in Sussex, playing cricket for Pevensey despite his false leg. Prior to emigrating he had played 2nd XI cricket for Worcestershire. He is known to have kept in touch with DHFC. Family legend also has him as entering the men’s doubles at Wimbledon pre-war though I can’t track him in the Wimbledon records. They also believe he was a high standard tennis umpire post WW2. His military knowledge was used in WW2, he was to the forefront in most local activities for the likes of the Red Cross and controlling the air raid wardens. He also served on the parish council for many years.

Billy’s middle name, Colsey, came from a KHFC player of that name. A partner of Arthur Millward, he died of injuries received on the pitch shortly after Billy was born.

Billy features in the book about DHFC in WW1 which can currently be bought from 12th Man. There was a substantial article written about Billy for Hamlet Historian many years ago, he was a quite remarkable man.

Moroccan Sunset and scousedom like this.
  18. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

It’s likely that the Trust will be running a coach for this game, I hope to confirm this (and pricing) in next 24 hours

scousedom likes this.
  19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Just before the coach is announced, it seems a good time to point out that having supported the running of the coaches by taking them whenever possible for a long time, often on my own, when my friends were taking the train.

It annoys me that there is a discount for trust members. I am not joining the trust just to get a discount on a coach.

I would like the the trust to consider abolishing that discount, and I would like them to consider this request in the light that several of the trust board previously avoided the coach at all costs.

20. Dulwich Mishi

I can't make this trip as I'm working...but I have no problem with the Trust offering a discount for members. if you use them a couple of times you'll make your money back anyway.
    Personally, rather than getting rid of the discount I'd rather the Trust put some substantial sponsorship into the Football Club, bought some shares in the Club, you things like that, rather than having over seventy thousand pounds sat in their bank account doing nothing but earning interest...

mick mccartney and pettyboy like this.
  21. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

don't think it's unreasonable to hope that the Trust could set universal prices for the coach AND proactively invest in the club...

B.I.G likes this.
  22. Dulwich Mishi

Well seeing as the Trust have only put just under £400 into the Club coffers through "The 12th Man" from their own funds, with no shares bought, only only a few three figure sums of minor sponsorship-which they would have sponsored anyway as routine-using their track record in the past, I would suggest it is currently 'unreasonable'...

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I understand why they do it and its similar to other clubs, but in light of the history, I hope they will rethink it. If they want to subsidise the coaches it should be for everyone in light of the fact I have been subidising others taking the coaches for a long time.

Jamie Wyatt and pettyboy like this.
  24. Matt The Cab

Sorry, exactly how have you subsidised the other coaches. Unless you made significant donations to cover any potential loses then all you were, just like me was a paying customer. I know why i used them and i suspect it's the exact same reason you did. But subsidised???

By my reckoning these coaches aren't really for me & you. They're for the numerous fans they can't use the trains. A coach means they get straight to the game and home again without any worries

Jamie Wyatt and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Subsidised as in took the coach so they could better break even when I didnt need to, obviously I shoudn't have bothered.

26. Matt The Cab

Yeap, as I suspected... more or less the same reason I and a few others did.

However you used a service and paid a reasonable price for that service. Thats not subsidising that's just normal everyday processes.

From what I can gather the Trust will subsidising their members by offering a discount on ticket prices.

27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Which is fair enough reasoning on their part, but its not correct thinking, as its a. unecessary as they could subsidise it for everyone and b. a bit cheeky considering most of the trust board avoided the coach wherever possible.

28. mrs quoad

mrs quoad Well-Known Member

Fuck Woking.

Matt The Cab likes this.
  29. Matt The Cab

Well that's another matter entirely. Although to be fair it wasn't just "the board". Quite a few regulars avoided the coach on most of it's outings.

Can I ask why you object so much?

Also and I've probably got this wrong but you don't have to a member to travel. It just means you'll get it cheaper

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

surprised you can remember being on any of the coaches, B.I.G :p:cool::D;)