FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, 19.10.19 - Havant & Waterlooville vs Dulwich Hamlet

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Pink Panther, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Bastard of a draw. Probably the toughest we could have pulled from within our own division.

Cat Daisy and StephenMac like this.
  2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Yep. B.I.G.'s birthday weekend though. Rum in Hampshire.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

Bugger.

Still anything can happen in football/it's only takes a second to score a goal/funny old game etc etc.

4. Pink Panther

Looking for positives, their priority will clearly be promotion when you consider their appointment of Paul Doswell as manager and subsequent recruitment of experienced players following relegation from the National Division last season. Teams in that position are often prone to slip up in cup games. We've underachieved in recent league matches but we've got a lot of experience ourselves, and whilst we're potentially a top 7 side (and therefore promotion contenders) I think a cup run with a few wins in big matches is a more readily attainable goal for us right now.

We could have had Woking, or Torquay, or Bromley which would have been a tougher task on paper. This could well go to a replay which Havant won't really want, whereas I'd relish the chance to get them back to The Hill on a Tuesday night.

Cat Daisy, EDC, scousedom and 3 others like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

And, of course, if we draw you just know we’ll get Bristol Rovers away...

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I'd be more than happy with that.

7. Pink Panther

There would definitely be a supporters coach booked for that one!

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

When can I book onto the supporters coach for Havant please?

dcdulwich

Cyclodunc likes this.
  9. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Fix. Royston Town v Maldon & Tiptree
    and Potters Bar Town v Barnet are local derbys!
    Sutton United should see off #Rickerty.

B.I.G. are we doing something special for your birthday (other than the obvious rum drinking)?

B.I.G likes this.
  10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

A possible curry if we win!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  11. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Watch this space B.I.G - will be looking to tie up details first thing this morning.

B.I.G likes this.
  12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I’m im. £16? Boom!

13. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

I have a feeling we could see peak B.I.G

Pink Panther and B.I.G like this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Cyclodunc likes this.
  15. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

OH well, would have preferred Chichester away but not far away from there in terms of mileage! Hopefully H&W are focused solely on promotion. Was it Newport (IOW) that we last met at this stage?

Not that local, in my book!

16. Pink Panther

No, Hayes in 2000/01. We lost 4-2 away having led 2-1. They were a National Division club at the time.

We beat Newport 3-2 at home two seasons earlier to reach the 1st Round for the first time in 50 years.

Royston is between Hitchin and Cambridge, Maldon is between Chelmsford and Colchester. I wouldn't be surprised if they've never met before.

17. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Geography schmography! If it ain't south London it's bandit country!

Ronco and Pink Panther like this.
  18. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

it was close last time we played at havant.

19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

2016/2017 season Havant were beating everyone on their way to winning the Isthmian Premier Division. But on 22nd March 2017 they came to Champion Hill and were beaten 3-0 by a strong Hamlet side.

20. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Dulwich going into this with signs that they are putting a very shaky spell behind them.

Unbeaten in last 5 matches in all competitions - won 3, drawn 2, scored 18, conceded 6.

Didn't get my act together in time to make the coach but £28 rtn from Peckham Rye isnt too crazy for anyone making a last minute decision to travel.

21. Dodger

Dodger Active Member

buy the ticket in reverse i.e Havant to London stations and it’ll be about half that

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  22. Dodger

Dodger Active Member

In fact if you do Havant to Clapham junction it’s only 12 quid then oyster to Peckham.

23. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Cheapest I'm seeing for a reverse return is £19 southern trains only. Will keep looking

Pitch inspection 9am tomorrow btw

24. Pink Panther

The £12.80 fare is for discount railcard holders, i.e. Senior, Student, Network Railcard etc. Still a lot cheaper than the walk up fare going from London, which will be over 30 quid if you don't hold a railcard.

These cheapest fares are only valid on the Southern route from Victoria via East Croydon and Horsham (which calls at Clapham Junction), not from the faster services out of Waterloo. (You can also use this ticket from London Bridge or intermediate stations changing at East Croydon, but technically only valid on Southern services.) Also bear in mind that the outward portion of the ticket is only valid when accompanied by the unused return portion. I've never been pulled up when doing this, but always keep hold of both portions after your outward leg if possible.

It's bang out of order in my view that the same return journey is much cheaper (any cheaper in fact) from outside London than it is for us.

25. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It’s on Twitter that there’s a pitch inspection at 9:00am...

26. Pink Panther

Yes, mentioned by Bugpowder Dust in the post before mine. I'm holding fire on my advance ticket. I can book online in the morning if necessary.

27. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Overnight weather and morning doesn’t look too bad.

28. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

If it ends up being midweek there are trains back to Londinium!

29. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

Game is on

30. Pink Panther