Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 3rd round qualifier vs Eastbourne Borough

Effra Eyes

All this genuine cranky rage over key jangling is very ‘yer da’, quickly become more tedious than the act itself. We are an inclusive club, and the key jangling Hamlets cause no harm. It’s a genuine struggle for me to understand how anyone could be so infuriated by it?

IMO it’s quite a pleasant cacophony, like cow bells at the roadside of Le Tour de France.

I don't key jangle but I don't get annoyed by those who do, even when I'm stood right amongst in. Oh god, am I a centrist dad of key jangling?

FWIW Took some people who had never been before, they didn't jangle their keys but were entertained by the spectacle of those who did.

Effra Eyes

I’ll go further than that. People do far shitter things than key jangling. Get over it! It’s getting tediously us/them insider/outsider on here. Like you have the right to dictate the entire experience for everyone. Lighten up and enjoy the fact people are having a good time.
To be fair, if it's a choice between pleasant people jangling keys turning up or getting a fanbase like some of the away support yesterday.. I know what I'd prefer.

Cyclodunc

Where's the slam tent, mate?
The thing that annoyed me was people shouting “ooooooooooooooooh” just before we took our own corners, as if trying to put off the corner taker.

Al Crane

Lots of positives from yesterday.

Charlie Grainger slotted back in very nicely and made some great saves in the 2nd half when things could have been very different if they had scored. The defence in general looked very resilient. When Orlu plays I think he organises them properly and throws everything in the way which makes a big difference.

Think Connor Hunte will be very useful for us once he has a few more games under his belt and is back up to full speed.

Ade Yuseff going for this season’s top scorer in the FA Cup!

Great to see him playing more regularly and getting goals as I feel he has the potential to be our 20 goal a season man. His energy reminds me of Dipo when he first joined us on loan a few seasons ago. Looks like we have someone who is confident with penalties too.

Another £18k in the pot for us as well!

Blitzwalker

One of the East Anglian teams we used to play in the Isthmian League had an air raid siren that they sounded whenever they scored. Sudbury Town?

bkbk

4th Qualifying Round Draw is on Talksport at 13.30. If it is anything like the last draw, we'll have to endure some nonsense chat and balls will begin getting plucked about 4pm.

editor

hiraethified
4th Qualifying Round Draw is on Talksport at 13.30. If it is anything like the last draw, we'll have to endure some nonsense chat and balls will begin getting plucked about 4pm.
Everyone loves some ball plucking.

jimbarkanoodle

What is the key jangling about anyway? Someone did try to explain it to me once but it sounded odd. Apparently a player left his car in the car park too long/overnight or something? If this is the story he didnt do a good job of explaining it to me.

editor

hiraethified
What is the key jangling about anyway? Someone did try to explain it to me once but it sounded odd. Apparently a player left his car in the car park too long/overnight or something? If this is the story he didnt do a good job of explaining it to me.
"Key moment."

Ronco

Never key jangled before but having read this thread might just start next game. By the way, is this a DHFC specific thing or does it happen at other grounds too?

Pink Panther

They'll do the northern half of the draw first. According to Primo we will be ball number 3 and these are the clubs in our half of the draw:

Whyteleafe
Billericay
Dartford
Bristol Manor Farm/Wealdstone
Canvey Island/Bowers and Pitsea
Chicester City
Chippenham/Slough
Dulwich Hamlet
Haringey
Havant and Waterlooville
Hayes and Yeading
Kings Langley