FA Cup 3rd round qualifier vs Eastbourne Borough

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Nivag, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Who's up for the cup?

StephenMac likes this.
  2. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Just 9 rounds from Wembley. It's on.

editor and bkbk like this.
  3. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm away in Germany but will be whooping on The HamletsZZs from afar.

4. editor

editor hiraethified

We're almost in the final already.

Imagine Wembley full of excited key janglers. Actually, on second thoughts.....

EDC, Pink Panther and Nivag like this.
  5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Grainger and Yusuff both retain their starting places after Tuesday's county cup win.

6. editor

editor hiraethified

2-0!

7. editor

editor hiraethified

3-0. Sccccwhweeeet!

8. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

That was decent. I think Grainger might even be better than Maynard Brewer

Nivag likes this.
  9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Fucking keys are getting beyond a joke now.

pompeydunc, JoeBoy1959, Nivag and 3 others like this.
  10. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

1,800 odd attendance as well I think. Didn’t feel like that but then I often think that these days and I think it’s just a testament to how much better matchday is run now. But anyway, 1.800 will mean a decent bit of extra revenue with hopefully a nice chunk more to come in the next round - very helpful.

EDC likes this.
  11. Taper

Taper Mark McGann

That’s more like it. Ugly. Relentless. And successful.

12. Pink Panther

Is it time to start bringing giant magnets with which to snatch them from the hands of offenders?

JoeBoy1959 and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  13. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

We're bringing it down

If you're heavily mortgaged shake your keys

If you're heavily mortgaged shake your keys

If you're heavily mortgaged

Heavily mortgaged

Heavily mortgaged

Shake your keys

14. StephenMac

Genuinely, the key jangling bollocks is out of hand now. Good win but Eastbourne aren't good and their diving in for the two pens was daft.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  15. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Look forward to the highlights see to who made the blocks in our box to keep a clean sheet.
    I agree the penalties were stupid but very well taken!!

StephenMac likes this.
  16. Dodger

Dodger Active Member

If you all voted brexit shake your keys.

Cunts the lot of them.

takkforalt and scousedom like this.
  17. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Yale Tories

Pink Panther likes this.
  18. scousedom

There’s a Mac & Miller key jangling T-shirt coming out in time for Christmas I’m told.

Nivag and EDC like this.
  19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

Best to keep politics out of football. I thought it was a decent performance today with none of the usual defensive mistakes. 5 goals in two games for Yusuff. Was there ever any doubt Grainger was a good keeper? Two divisions up and Nyren is looking good. Connor Hunte looked hungry and the whole team did well.

Jules P, Nivag and StephenMac like this.
  20. StephenMac

Yeah, nothing political about the keys - they're probably fucking Lib Dems. Think Hunte is getting back up to speed and looking good.

Jules P and Pink Panther like this.
  21. tasty_snacks

tasty_snacks Active Member

EDC and Pink Panther like this.
  22. JoeBoy1959

JoeBoy1959 Member

Should be banned, anyone still caught doing it should face a life-time ban

23. Pink Panther

The National Division clubs enter at the next stage but the draw is still split into north and south sections. It looks like the lowest ranked teams remaining in our half of the draw are Chichester City and Maldon & Tiptree.

24. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Thought Yusuff worked really hard and I'm glad he's got himself a few goals.

Whyteleafe are still in the hat. That's a good run from them.

Kingstonian conceded a last minute penalty to consign them to a Tuesday night replay in Weston-super-Mare. Such a shame.

25. scousedom

26. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Steady performance and deserved to win, that said not the greatest performance against a struggling team. Hamlet will have to be much more clinical to progress in this competition
    and 3-0 flattered
    Yusaff star player - hustle and bustled all game
    Nyren missed at least three goals - when he should have scored or passed
    Couple of Hamlet defence errors could have been punished, if not for some great goal keeping
    Still a keen supporter of White and showed some great moves
    Eastbourne Borough fans seemed resigned after the first goal went in and apart from a 15 min period in the second half when they brought on three subs only seemed comfortable passing in the mid field and particularly around Serigo Torres (ex Peterborough, Wycombe and Crawley)

Borough fans told me it was one of the few times Mills had not scored against them

First half the Starlings on the Greendale end floodlights were making more noise than the Rabble - but to be fair much better in the second half

1,834 attendance not bad but had hoped would be just over 2,000 mark - but still not a bad attendance (probably one of the largest if not the largest attendances in the FA Cup this season so far ?? so rather churlish to complain maybe - Borough fans were saying what a good crowd we attracted and how they wished they could pull in our numbers - they said the new BHA stadium with new increased capacity had had some impact as had recent results -

Given our luck in cup competitions just great to be in the next round - hoping for home game against a smaller club

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Cat Daisy likes this.
  27. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I was out of range of the key jangling today but I do find it an annoyance. I like Pink Panther’s giant magnet idea.

28. supersafari

supersafari New Member

All this genuine cranky rage over key jangling is very ‘yer da’, quickly become more tedious than the act itself. We are an inclusive club, and the key jangling Hamlets cause no harm. It’s a genuine struggle for me to understand how anyone could be so infuriated by it?

IMO it’s quite a pleasant cacophony, like cow bells at the roadside of Le Tour de France.

Ronco, crocustim and editor like this.
  29. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Thinking ahead, when the draw for the 1st Round takes place is there a bye up for grabs with the expulsion of Bury from the Football League? Easy money if so!

Nivag likes this.
  30. Pink Panther

There must be, as the draw had already been made for the earliest rounds (with no provision for an extra non-league club to qualify on merit) before they were expelled. However with our FA Cup record it's probably best not to think ahead! With our luck we'll probably pull Havant away.

planetgeli likes this.