Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

FA Cup 3rd round qualifier vs Eastbourne Borough

scousedom

1,800 odd attendance as well I think. Didn’t feel like that but then I often think that these days and I think it’s just a testament to how much better matchday is run now. But anyway, 1.800 will mean a decent bit of extra revenue with hopefully a nice chunk more to come in the next round - very helpful.

Reactions: EDC

MrFouldsy

Fucking keys are getting beyond a joke now.
We're bringing it down

If you're heavily mortgaged shake your keys

If you're heavily mortgaged shake your keys

If you're heavily mortgaged

Heavily mortgaged

Heavily mortgaged

Shake your keys

StephenMac

Genuinely, the key jangling bollocks is out of hand now. Good win but Eastbourne aren't good and their diving in for the two pens was daft.

Nivag

Look forward to the highlights see to who made the blocks in our box to keep a clean sheet.
I agree the penalties were stupid but very well taken!!

Son of Roy

Tory Scumbag Apparently!
Best to keep politics out of football. I thought it was a decent performance today with none of the usual defensive mistakes. 5 goals in two games for Yusuff. Was there ever any doubt Grainger was a good keeper? Two divisions up and Nyren is looking good. Connor Hunte looked hungry and the whole team did well.

bkbk

Thought Yusuff worked really hard and I'm glad he's got himself a few goals.

Whyteleafe are still in the hat. That's a good run from them.

Kingstonian conceded a last minute penalty to consign them to a Tuesday night replay in Weston-super-Mare. Such a shame.

PartisanDulwich

Steady performance and deserved to win, that said not the greatest performance against a struggling team. Hamlet will have to be much more clinical to progress in this competition
and 3-0 flattered
Yusaff star player - hustle and bustled all game
Nyren missed at least three goals - when he should have scored or passed
Couple of Hamlet defence errors could have been punished, if not for some great goal keeping
Still a keen supporter of White and showed some great moves
Eastbourne Borough fans seemed resigned after the first goal went in and apart from a 15 min period in the second half when they brought on three subs only seemed comfortable passing in the mid field and particularly around Serigo Torres (ex Peterborough, Wycombe and Crawley)

Borough fans told me it was one of the few times Mills had not scored against them

First half the Starlings on the Greendale end floodlights were making more noise than the Rabble - but to be fair much better in the second half

1,834 attendance not bad but had hoped would be just over 2,000 mark - but still not a bad attendance (probably one of the largest if not the largest attendances in the FA Cup this season so far ?? so rather churlish to complain maybe - Borough fans were saying what a good crowd we attracted and how they wished they could pull in our numbers - they said the new BHA stadium with new increased capacity had had some impact as had recent results -

Given our luck in cup competitions just great to be in the next round - hoping for home game against a smaller club

Last edited:

Blitzwalker

I was out of range of the key jangling today but I do find it an annoyance. I like Pink Panther’s giant magnet idea.

supersafari

All this genuine cranky rage over key jangling is very ‘yer da’, quickly become more tedious than the act itself. We are an inclusive club, and the key jangling Hamlets cause no harm. It’s a genuine struggle for me to understand how anyone could be so infuriated by it?

IMO it’s quite a pleasant cacophony, like cow bells at the roadside of Le Tour de France.

the 12th man

Thinking ahead, when the draw for the 1st Round takes place is there a bye up for grabs with the expulsion of Bury from the Football League? Easy money if so!

Pink Panther

Thinking ahead, when the draw for the 1st Round takes place is there a bye up for grabs with the expulsion of Bury from the Football League? Easy money if so!
There must be, as the draw had already been made for the earliest rounds (with no provision for an extra non-league club to qualify on merit) before they were expelled. However with our FA Cup record it's probably best not to think ahead! With our luck we'll probably pull Havant away.